Worthy of the Widow’s bite - who should be the villain of the movie?

Discussion in 'Black Widow' started by Silvermoth, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Silvermoth Avenger

I would love to see Lukin as the villain. Perfect opportunity to get Viggo Mortensen in the marvel u.

[​IMG]

And Simon russel Beale would be perfect for Doctor Faustus

[​IMG]

2. David H. We’re not owed anything.

Um, Julie Delpy?

3. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

In the previous villain thread that was lost, I replied before saying that Darkstar could be one of the villains. She was part of the Soviet Super Soliders, a team who were trying to bring back the Black Widow to the Soviet Union. Of course, the USSR doesn't exist anymore. Darkstar is also a mutant, but that shouldn't be a problem with the Fox acquisition.

Yelena Belova could be a villain. Same with all the stuff with the Red Room.

Don't have Hydra or AIM though, and not SHIELD or the FBI or CIA. If anyone, the FSB/KGB.

4. Abudefduf Registered

Preferably someone who doesn't come off as "Black Widow, but evil". So no Yelena Bolova, at least not as the main villain.

My pick is Taskmaster, for various reasons:
    - That weird "can mimick every fighting style he sees" is his only superpower. That makes him a worthy challenge for BW, but not one that she can't overcome.
    - Many people are familiar with him, thanks to Marvel vs. Capcom 3
    - He's just cool in general and he deserve to make an appearance in the MCU.

5. Silvermoth Avenger

Oh my gosh Yelena would be so much fun. You know who would be perfect for her? Katia Elizarova from ‘our kind of traitor’

[​IMG]

6. David H. We’re not owed anything.

I’d want them to start a trend based off of Delpy’s casting and have exclusively French actors play Russian villains.

Lea Seydoux as Yelena Belova.

7. Chris B Registered

The Serpent Society would be my choice, especially as there shouldn't be any issue using Madam Hydra/Viper in light of the Fox acquisition.

8. Silvermoth Avenger

And Gerard depreadiue as crimson dynamo. Gosh that would take a lot of armour

9. SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

That character was in his 60s in 1946 in the MCU, so I doubt he'd still be around during the time of this movie.

10. samsnee Ok

Winter Soldier needs to make an appearance in this.

11. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

12. Yowza Registered

I like the notion of intertwining secret societies crossing the lines between communist and capitalist type economies to subvert them in some ways... The Black Widow's mission could become illusive making her question everyone including those she receives orders from; loyalty/betrayal 2 sides of a coin that can land either way while serving a purpose as a puppet does while on a string.

I don't know a lot about Black Widow villains so will just throw a couple of ideas:
    A) Perhaps introduce the Serpent Society (See 3rd Serpent Squad here: Serpent Squad - Wikipedia once read that can see more here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serpent_Society.

I suppose a story synopsis could be something like: On behalf of the USSR, working under Leviathon (as seen in Agent Carter season 1) the Black Widow is sent on an undercover mission to Roxxon Corp to breakup a trade union (serpent society) organized by Roxxon Oil's Hugh Jones that it turns out are a group of supervillains in possession of the serpent crown. Agendas overlap,betrayals happen, and the fact that she's on no one's side slowly sets in.

B) The Secret Empire breifly aluded to as the council of 9 in Agent Carter Season 2 (no I'm not saying make it connected to season 2 just utilize the idea from the comics): Secret Empire (organization) - Wikipedia

C) Leviathon (as seen in Agent Carter season 1) and/or Zodiac (as seen in Agent Carter Movie-Short)

D) Hydra I suppose would be worth referencing at some point as well. Agents of Shield really put the smack down on them but movies don't seem be in continuity so just know they're inactive but perhaps always present in an operation paperclip kind of way.

If Madame Masque could make a re-appearance this time comic accurate I think could be interesting too...

#12 Yowza, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  13. DaddlerTheDalek Starship Captain

Secret Empire or the Red Room maybe.

14. hbky2j Registered

Don't really care the character she play's just want to see milla mix it up with Scarlett

1. [​IMG]

15. Tg11 Registered

I would love to see Milla Jovovich as a Black Widow villain

16. DrCosmic Professor of Power

Red Room affiliated Winter Guard, all who knew her from when she was a kid, seem friendly at first, but turn out to be not so much.

17. Lobo Liv is Life

Taskmaster would be a perfect villain for the BW movie imo. Nice choice! I do also want to see Yelena in some capacity.

18. Reaver027 Registered

Yelena would be a great villain for Natasha. It could also link the story to the first season of Agent Carter and the Red Room.

19. GoldGoblin Registered

The Chameleon.At the end of the movie the Chamelon kills the original Black Widow and takes over her identify.

20. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Another advantage to Taskmaster is that he's flexible. By concept he's a mercenary, so no matter who the Big Bad is, they can serve as a suitable heavy. If the Big Bad is the Red Room reborn, they hired him as their ringer. If the Big "Bad" is someone wronged by Natasha out for revenge, he's the assassin. Etc.

Since he's only in it for the paycheck, it also means he can be subverted. Can't beat him in a fight, he's just too skilled? Screw with his handler and/or his paycheck instead! Bet he'd switch sides if his employers tried to kill him ( because Natasha tricked them into thinking he's a liability ), or if his untraceable bank account just got hacked ( and Natasha is the only one with the key to unlock it ).

21. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Love a lot of these suggestions, especially Belova, Secret Empire and Taskmaster.

22. Tg11 Registered

I will go with Belova

23. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Darkstar, I say:

[​IMG]

She's Russian. She's connected to Black Widow's backstory. She's also a mutant, which would be the perfect time to introduce her since Marvel are getting mutants now. And she's not just another Black Widow like Yelena Belova.

THORin likes this.
  24. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Kind of overkill. How would such actually work as a story, in terms of relating her to stuff Natasha does, and can do? Unless you go full out "Batman taking on an unbeatable foe" in terms of narrative, I'm not sure how that would even work.

KRYPTON INC. likes this.
  25. Tg11 Registered

I mean if this film is supposedly supposed to be a prequel to the MCU then shouldn't her villain be someone of SHIELD or HYDRA? I wonder if SHIELD/HYDRA well HYDRA in general if they will have a huge presence in this film...I mean they would have to especially if it is Widow's origin film