Stand-Alone Movies Would a "Young Lando" film work?

Human Torch

Avenger
Reaction score
I was thinking there's probably some real cool stuff you could do in a Young Lando movie.

How he got the Falcon (and how it's saved his life quite a few times)
How he "conned" someone out of Bespin
His maneuver at the battle of taannab
His adventures as a gambler

The only thing is,he has no side characters.Han has Chewie,Jabba,( probably
Boba,Greedo and any other Bounty Hunters you want to work in) and Lando himself.

Lando has....Lobot?:dry:

It might be best if Lando stays a supporting character in a Han film,but it's a shame they probably won't spend much time on his exploits.

It might be best if Lando stays a supporting character in a Han film,but it's a shame they probably won't spend much time on his exploits.
The bolded part is how i feel. I think Lando works best if we mix him up with Han. If they go for a young Han movie, Lando should be featured for sure.

I agree, I see Lando as more of Han's supporting cast but that just might be because he wasn't given alot to do in the original trilogy (in the sense that we really knew who he was)

No, because Billy Dee is the single reason why Lando is awesome.

I don't disagree,but the same can be said of Ford (and the rest of the original cast) but,that won't stop them from making these spin-offs.

Idris as Lando. Then I may be interested in the character.

Idris would be good in a recast,but this would be a prequel.So the actor would have to be early 20's.Idris is 40.

A young Idris clone, then. Sidious has the science, you fund it.

Yeah, it's a tantalizing idea but he is best saved as a supporting character in a Han Solo flick.

I cant picture anyone who could play a young Lando though. I think that's the hard part about revisiting these characters. I cant see anyone other than Billy! But hopefully if he is featured in a spinoff somewhere, they can find someone who can compliment what Billy gave us.

Honestly I'm not interested in going backwards in this franchise anymore. I want to see films moving the story forward.

Unless they go really far back into the Old Republic and give us a whole new cast of characters.

In all seriousness, I never really liked Lando, so I won't care if he gets a solo film.

Idris should be Lando's charismatic younger brother, Oceano.

I wouldn't be particularly thrilled for a Young Lando film per se.

Am I the only one who feels Terence Howard or Anthony Mackie would be good Young Lando picks.

I seriously hope you're joking.

I'd rather just see a short appearance of Lando in a Han Solo movie. Maybe when Han wins the Falcon in a game of Sabacc.

Am I the only one who feels Terence Howard or Anthony Mackie would be good Young Lando picks.

Terrence Howard is just as old or older than Billy Dee was during the OT, he's not "Young" Lando material. Ill wait until Cap 2 to judge Mackie

might as well have this movie. Also consider animated.

Anthony Mackie for sure if they do a young Lando film, but I agree he's best suited as a supporting player in a Han Solo movie.

-Anthony Mackie
-Jaime Foxx
-Chiwetel Ejiofor

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"