BvS Would Richard Grayson be part of this movie? - Part 1

I would love it if they make even an allusion to him. Love Nightwing

If there's one thing I want out of this new DC-verse they're trying to create, it's that we get a Nightwing, Jason Todd/Red Hood, and Damien/Robin. Other than the Riddler, I'm not in any rish to see any of the Bat villains we've already seen in movies.

It might be cool if they put Dick Grayson in BvS as his Cop persona; make mention of Robin/Nightwing, but only show him as his new Cop self.

Too much will already be going on with BvS to put Nightwing in there and delve into who he is, his relationship with Bruce, their history, on and on.

He could appear in some form...

How about a cop called John Blake, whose real name is "Robin"?
And he's called "Nightwing" by his buddies? :hmm

I feel like Batman and Robin together are such an iconic duo that Snyder should do justice to that.

It would be hard to do right though. That's why Nolan only put in Robin as a name just to pay his respects.

In this world it's far more easy to see Batman pair up with a kid to fight crime, I think.

You would never have gotten away with that in the TDKT.

This sounds perfect, the audience will eat it up.

wsAPOZd.gif

Jason Todd is more effective as a plot device than a character, it says something that fans voted to have him killed off, a flashback of his death would be an extremely effective scene, and would be a great way to establish a new Joker and to cement the hatred Batman has for Joker as well as putting Batman in a bad place emotionally, him taking on Tim could be him moving on from Jason's death.
Exactly how it should be done.

If there's one thing I want out of this new DC-verse they're trying to create, it's that we get a Nightwing, Jason Todd/Red Hood, and Damien/Robin. Other than the Riddler, I'm not in any rish to see any of the Bat villains we've already seen in movies.
Really can't stand Damien and im pretty positive we won't see that or anything to do with Talia, League of Assassins.

Riddler's probably gonna happen but i have no interest in seeing him as a main villain.

As I wrote in the previous thread:

We have the chance to see Jason Todd in action for the first time, and some people here want to run past him and get Tim Drake instead. There's something missing then.

I don't think Jason will happen in a future reboot. It will be Dick all over again, then. This could be the only chance for the second Robin to be done live action.

Last edited:
Jason is boring and offers nothing. Jason is Batman's greatest mistake and him being alive takes that away.

Bucky became Cap and lead the Avengers after Cap's death. There is future stuff to do with him.

Jason does nothing after his rebirth and he was brought back the same time as Bucky.

That's not entirely true. Jason Todd as the Red Hood was a great story.

Yes but what do you do with Jason next after Under the Red Hood?

With Bucky, he could be Cap in Steve dies. He could lead the Avengers.

Jason will never be Batman as long as Dick is alive.

Bringing back Jason is like bringing back Gwen. Both characters are the greatest mistakes of their heroes.

But why can't we explore that Jason turns out to be Batman's biggest mistake in a live action feature? He's a big part of the Robin legacy. Don't forget that.
Just because someone dies in the comics doesn't mean it's cannon for the films.

Before we get Jason we need to have Dick done well first.

Before we get Jason we need to have Dick done well first.

This.
Dick Grayson - as Nightwing or a cop or just his ward - needs to be in the mix (and properly) before Jason, Tim, or any other incarnation of "Robin" is considered.

Why don't you wanna see Riddler as a main foe?
Never been much of a Riddler fan. If he's used as a main villain, the only way i would get excited is if they cast a good actor that i love. Usually what comes with the territory, with Nygma, is a mystery thriller 'WhoDunnit?' type of story. Or in this case Bruce solving puzzles and figuring out his identity. I dont despise those kind of stories but it does nothing for me. I feel like ive seen Riddler type stories in other movies and tv shows over the years. Way too much actually.

A lot of times they characterize Riddler as a nerdy narcissistic OCD villain, which just doesn't interest me as a character. Plus there's the Joker comparisons. Just give me the Joker.

I prefer if he's used in a cameo situation over in Arkham, while they concentrate on Joker or Freeze or even Penguin as a main villain.

That's not entirely true. Jason Todd as the Red Hood was a great story.
It's OK, i wouldn't call it great. Jason Todd has never been a good character imo, he's a plot device. Fans voted him to die for a reason. He was a mistake, and they tried to fix it with Tim Drake.

I prefer if he's used in a cameo situation over in Arkham

Same here; Riddler can be cool if done in a certain way, but as an intellectual foe only, he can't be a toe-to-toe kind of bad guy.

I could see Riddler kind of getting the Hannibal Lecter treatment pulling everyone's strings behind the scenes from inside Arkham.

Same here; Riddler can be cool if done in a certain way, but as an intellectual foe only, he can't be a toe-to-toe kind of bad guy.

I could see Riddler kind of getting the Hannibal Lecter treatment pulling everyone's strings behind the scenes from inside Arkham.
Yeah i see that too. Maybe he's the guy who lures Batman into Arkham (in a Arkham Asylum adaptation) but Batman thinks it's Joker the whole time.

But still, the Hannibal Lecter role, i would prefer to see Joker fill that kind of role instead of Nygma. It would be much creepier.

Yeah i see that too. Maybe he's the guy who lures Batman into Arkham (in a Arkham Asylum adaptation) but Batman thinks it's Joker the whole time.

But still, the Hannibal Lecter role, i would prefer to see Joker fill that kind of role instead of Nygma. It would be much creepier.

I see where you're going with the Joker regarding 'creep factor', but he's just nowhere as intelligent as the Riddler to be a Lecter persona

I see where you're going with the Joker regarding 'creep factor', but he's just nowhere as intelligent as the Riddler to be a Lecter persona

Joker is not far away from Riddlers level of genius, actually. He played Riddler like a fiddle just recently in Death of the Family (Yeah, yeah, "New 52 sucks" "Scott Snyder is overrated" blablablabla). Nygma is better than Joker at certain things, but I wouldn'tsay he is much smarter than Joker at all.

Man i really wanted to see Heath Ledger return in Rises in a Lecter-style role. I think the movie would've been way better if Heath was still alive.

I would've gladly taken another movie with Heath as the main villain over Hardy's Bane if that would have been possible.

I would have loved it if we got the same thing just with Joker in a few scenes at Arkham.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"