World Would someone like to explain why Disney hasn't released TAS?!

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
They've released the entirety of X-Men TAS on DVD, and yet we've seen nothing of Spider-Man TAS. Releasing it last year around the time of TASM would've been smart, but we still got nothing.

What's the deal here?

They have them in separate seasons. I just suppose it wasn't all that popular since it was loosely based on the continuity of the first film, but didn't seem canon in the second and third.

They have them in separate seasons. I just suppose it wasn't all that popular since it was loosely based on the continuity of the first film, but didn't seem canon in the second and third.

I think Sawyer is talking about the 1990s animated series, not the cgi series that was meant to be set in the first film's continuity (though I think the 90s show was loosely within the continuity of an unproduced film).

And to answer the question, I don't know. They're are a few DVDs with a couple of random episodes, but there of little interest. I guess they just don't think it would make much money.

IIRC there's some legal issues going with who owns the rights to the home media releases in Region 1 I believe. In any case, you can order the Region 2 DVDs which are just as good as anything we're ever going to get over here short of a BD re-release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"