The Wolverine Would the Legacy costume work on-screen?

CyclopsWasRight

Well, he was.
Reaction score
1240067_702670539746645_683382796_n.jpg

Put aside the wanting to see the costume in live-action.

1. Would the legacy effects costume deisnged for the Wolverine work on-screen without coming off goofy

2. Would Wolverine have a real logical reason to wear and continue to wear the suit and or mask?

I think it would work fine. Kinda tough to tell without seeing Jackman in it though. Looks awesome.

There was a reason for it in Aronofskys script. Without knowing how it was to be used in TW, we can't really answer that question. If Logan ever needs to hide his identity/go covert that's all the reason I need.

Wasn't it said the X-Men in the future of DOFP are wearing make up of some sort? If everyone is decking themselves out like that or in armor (which they seem to be), Logans Mask should blend in with that battle theme fine. He seems to be in a more traditional suit in the DOFP pic we saw as well.

Old thread on the subect...
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=385103

Last edited:
I think it would, but the tone of the movie would have to be very different from the ones we've seen. I also think X-men and Wolverine are franchises that will see reboots in time.

One great thing about that costume - besides how surprisingly good it looks - is that some other actor besides Mr.Jackman could get a chance to play the character. In a different way. I love Jackman's Wolverine, but he can't keep doing this forever. Introducing a different take on Wolverine with his costume on would...it would be interesting, many possibilities there.

It would be tough to do only because the tone and design of most of the X-men movies have been different plus you need a reason for Wolverine to suddenly put on a mask. Otherwise it would be awesome to see that in a film. At the very least I would love to see test shots of Jackman wearing it. Also if Captain America's costume can work, any costume can work, just a matter of material. design, and tone.

I think people not familiar with the comics would laugh hysterically at that mask.

I really don't think there are that many people who havn't seen Wolverine with his mask on. It's been featured in countless video games, Cartoons, merchandise and comics for over 30 years. It's very hard to avoid that kind of exposure for a character with his popularity. A majority of people around the world who know about X-Men would be able to tell you who that mask belongs to.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think it's safe to say that most are familiar with the suit, even if they only know him from the movies. That's how Wolverine appears on toys, video games, cartoons, and just about every form of merchandise. Even the Wolverine Halloween costume, which was the yellow suit, had an Origins logo, despite the suit never appearing in the movie.

I'm still leery of how Hugh would look wearing it. But I'd love to see some variation of it in a movie. That would be cool. :up:

It would work for a "X-Men" movie, but for The Wolverine movie, nope.

I think it would work great as long as he has a good reason to where it. i.e. extra protection or some symbolic reasoning to it. I think even without the mask the suit and gloves themselves would look fantastic. I want to see Jackman in it though! I refuse to believe that they made the suit and DIDN'T have him try it on and DIDN'T take photos :cmad:

I think it can work it looks great but it would be silly for logan to just wear it randomly he needs a good reason for him to wear it

No, there's nothing that happens in The Wolverine that would have required the suit. It wouldn't have made sense at all.

That suit in the photo is from a 3D printer, so I don't think it was a suit meant to be tried on. Even if it was, can you imagine if they released a photo of him wearing it and then not have it the movie? The fans would have a fit.

I'm getting a sense that we'll see some form of it in DOFP, though. It would nicely bookend the, "What would you prefer, yellow spandex?" line in the original film to see a version of it in one of these timelines.

I think people not familiar with the comics would laugh hysterically at that mask.

I'm not so convinced that would be the case. I hear it a lot for a range of comic book elements for a number of films, but I think many people would just accept it if it didn't detract from the film. The general audience may not be your average comic book fan, but they do know the conventions of comic books for the most part and do seem to accept them often enough.

It would work for a "X-Men" movie, but for The Wolverine movie, nope.

As much as I liked The Wolverine I can't help but feel with their version of the Silver Samurai and Viper that the suit wouldn't have been the oddest thing about the film.

At this point, it would be weird for Jackman to wear it. That doesn't mean I am against the costume, though.

A part of me will always want to know how it would look on screen, it wouldnt have worked in TW if I am being honest but part of me still wanted to see it.

I think a black/grey version would work and come off better on screen than the yellow, there is just no reason or need to wear yellow, its just not a tactical color to make sense to use (unless maybe on a beach!!) but perhaps one day...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"