Homecoming Would you be okay with Miles Morales becoming Spider-Man after Civil War?

Your crazy theory doesn't deserve its own thread. For someone who belittles anyone who dares not believe what the trades report, you coming up with this is just ridiculous, believing it even more so.
And in this case, the Trades have not come close to reporting anything like this ,
Not Peter dying and being replaced by Miles .
Not even close .

You know what? I wouldn't mind. It'd be cool. Because Marvel knows how to handle their characters. And even if they did kill off Peter to introduce Miles. Everyone would still go see the Marvel Movies. Why? Because
177242f27f8751d6dfb5aa3f5c243e92.jpg

That's why.

Yeah, I was joking. Just wanted a reason to use that picture from Honest Trailers. Marvel will not kill off Peter for any reason any time soon. Sony however MIGHT do a spin-off movie where the MCU peter dies and Miles takes over. But it'll take place in a different reality from the MCU Spider-Man timeline. Kinda like the 616 and Ultimate Universe's.

Saw a post on tumblr that said
You can't relate to a white cis gender male anymore. Peter Parker was relatable in the 60's but now it's hard to relate to a white male nowadays cause they get everything.... Or somthing along those lines.

......... I just can't with people ...... Lol

You can't relate to a white cis gender male anymore. Peter Parker was relatable in the 60's but now it's hard to relate to a white male nowadays cause they get everything.... Or somthing along those lines.

I think thats tumblrs moto

No. Instead of making this character to replace Spider-Man, why don't they use him to make up a new character, like Spider-Boy?

Both should be around at the same time if Morales is ever introduced. Killing Parker this early is dumb and doing it just to introduce Morales is even worse. You lose hundreds of connections to characters people want to see and have yet to be introduced in the MCU without having Peter around.

Morales really needs to be an additional character not a replacement. That's never gonna fly with audiences without him even being set up here. Parker is too iconic of a character, one that everyone knows.
You know what? I wouldn't mind. It'd be cool. Because Marvel knows how to handle their characters. And even if they did kill off Peter to introduce Miles. Everyone would still go see the Marvel Movies. Why? Because

Crazy thing is, this is the first time they have a previously established comic film star. Marvel introduced IM, Cap, Thor, Black Widow and GOTG to the big screen and had to make them everyday A list movie names. But with Spidey that's not the case, he's already got that rep. People know more about this guy, and there will be expectations on how much better they will handle his character and films. Marvel can't screw this up when Spidey has 3 films that were not received too well. Time to get Parker back on track with audiences. So much more money at stake now here with already successful merch and animated shows. Cutting Peter would do them no good in any of that.

Last edited:

1370.gif

You know I'm a white "cisgendered" male and I can assure you that I don't get everything lol. People really like to make blanket statements. What a dumb thing for that person to say.

Do I think Peter Parker is done after Civil War? Absolutely not. After Infinity War? Maybe, but highly unlikely. Would I object to Miles Morales appearing at some point - no. I think, out of the entire Ultimate universe, he's the most popular (Brian Michael Bendis has a lot to do with that), but the fact that he's in Peter Parker's shadow (combined with the fact that Peter Parker aged out of his original demographic) that helps. None of those things apply any time soon.

BTW, why does the poll say MCU trilogy?

I voted that it's a terrible idea, as any real Spider-Man fan would.

No. Instead of making this character to replace Spider-Man, why don't they use him to make up a new character, like Spider-Boy?

with THAT name?!?... :doh:

Miles Morales can be his OWN entity with a different name, but the name 'Spider-Man' belongs to Peter and Peter ONLY... Morales can call himself any other damn thing he wants to...

only ANYTHING else than... Spider-Boy... jeez...
icon13.gif

True the marvel brand has made folks see there filmd. Even for an obsercue group like guardians.

But come on spidey peter is one of the biggest faces of marvrl. Like I said a few times no way they only doing one few mins worth appearance of peter spidey on civil war to off him. They have long term plans.

Miles could be Spider-Lad?

It would also be a terrible idea because most of the GA don't know who Miles Morales is? If you ask someone in the GA who their favorite Spider-Man is they respond "There is more than one Spider-Man?" It would be like replacing Superman with Val-Zod or Batman with Dick Grayson.

Last edited:
No Miles Morales ever.

let's say that the actor who gets picked for Peter Parker is incredibly good. would you down the line prefer a recast or Miles Morales? It's easy to say "they'll cast a young guy so he can be Peter Parker like forever!", but there's no guarantee the guy would like to play Spider-man so long that he would actually grow up like in the comics

I don't expect they would keep peter as just a kid forever. If who ever is picked gets a 3 to 9 picture deal we will likely see this peter go from 15/16 yrs old to mid 20s. Then future films/his replacement be set in ambiguous age of like 28 to 33 yrs old modern age spidey is.

Peter Parker should be the Spider-Man in the movies but why not make a Netflix series based on Miles Morales and all the different Spider-Men from different reality's and they can make a Spider Verse movie

Giving Miles a Netflix series would be even more disheartening, as it would mean they had the budget to make a Spider-Man series with Peter Parker and chose not to do so.

Given that these films will be about Spider-Man, and most likely have Spider-Man in the titles, it would be weird to not actually have Spider-Man in them. Just saying.

Same goes for any Netflix series that goes with the name "Spider-Man" in them. And who would Miles even fight? Shocker, Mysterio, Kraven etc.? No, those are Spider-Man villains.

Since Miles should never ever take over the mantle of Spider-Man if the world is any sane at all, the obvious thing to do is to simply recast Peter Parker when the actor isn't up for it anymore.

The only time I can see Miles pretending to be Spider-Man is if they make one of those mini-shots and make it some kind of goofy, "this is so terrible it's fun" parody and it ends up just being the dream of an insane inmate.

Given that these films will be about Spider-Man, and most likely have Spider-Man in the titles, it would be weird to not actually have Spider-Man in them. Just saying.

Same goes for any Netflix series that goes with the name "Spider-Man" in them. And who would Miles even fight? Shocker, Mysterio, Kraven etc.? No, those are Spider-Man villains.

Since Miles should never ever take over the mantle of Spider-Man if the world is any sane at all, the obvious thing to do is to simply recast Peter Parker when the actor isn't up for it anymore.

The only time I can see Miles pretending to be Spider-Man is if they make one of those mini-shots and make it some kind of goofy, "this is so terrible it's fun" parody and it ends up just being the dream of an insane inmate.

or a hopeful fanboy... :o

Giving Miles a Netflix series would be even more disheartening, as it would mean they had the budget to make a Spider-Man series with Peter Parker and chose not to do so.

To be fair, a movie will make craploads more money than a TV show will. That's why the bigger draw will be on the silver screen. So, even if they could do Spider-Man on a TV budget (I suspect they can do Spider-Man himself, but not his enemies), they have understandable reasons why they won't.

This is horribly unfair to the character who, judged on his own merits, is a well-written character. What do you have against the character so much? I entirely understand wanting Peter Parker over him, but not this much hatred.

To be fair, a movie will make craploads more money than a TV show will. That's why the bigger draw will be on the silver screen. So, even if they could do Spider-Man on a TV budget (I suspect they can do Spider-Man himself, but not his enemies), they have understandable reasons why they won't.

This is horribly unfair to the character who, judged on his own merits, is a well-written character. What do you have against the character so much? I entirely understand wanting Peter Parker over him, but not this much hatred.

It's just a terrible, terrible idea to replace Peter Parker with Miles Morales, simple as that.

Actually look at the super hero shows on these days majority of spidey villains would be easy to pull off with tv effects today. A few would be tricky and spidey webs slinging might be the more budget costs.

Last edited:
Look at the polls,no one wants Miles.They should kill him off,long live Peter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"