Sequels Would you like a Spider-Man movie directed by Tim Burton?

Oh, come on! Your Spider-Man franchise trilogy is complete, now! And since I don't like it, but I find Spider-Man potentially a very dark character, it would be a positive thing to see a non canon take by a master like Burton.
I would like to see him exploring stories like The Six Arms Saga, The Night Gwen Stacy Died and Alien Costume.

Yes... Spidey's such a dark character with those witty quips and zingers he throws while saving people and caring about other people that aren't himself.

NO.

I hated SM3, but to have Burton direct a Spider-Man movie is to ask for a disaster.

Oh, come on! Your Spider-Man franchise trilogy is complete, now! And since I don't like it, but I find Spider-Man potentially a very dark character, it would be a positive thing to see a non canon take by a master like Burton.
I would like to see him exploring stories like The Six Arms Saga, The Night Gwen Stacy Died and Alien Costume.

1. Have you only watched TAS?
2. Spidey a potentially very dark character? Have you even watched TAS?? Outside of KLH and Carnage (the latter was **** btw), I'd say he has always been for all ages.
3. You do realize that Burton's tone are self-satiracal and deprecating and is far more black humor than serious grit. You must have mistaken the man who turned Sleepy Hollow into a Grimm's fairy tale meets Hammer horror movie camp for Fincher, Lynch or something.

Sorry.

Spider-Man can't be dark? Really?

SMKLH_TPB_COV_col.jpg

i dont think so, but then again i trust burton more than raimi after number 3

No.

And as I've said before, the death of Gwen Stacy can't work in a movie.

I disagree, I think it could be done very well. I actually (kind of) cared when Rachel died in TDK, and I hated her character in BB. I see no reason why the death of Gwen Stacy couldn't be portrayed on film.

But I don't really want Burton heading up Spider-man, I just don't think his style fits the character.

"bad place no you crazy mother @%&$er!" should be one of the answers.

bad place NO. His BATMAN films do NOT hold up, and everything I heard about his SUPERMAN was crap - keep him FAR away from any Marvel movie!

I think a better question is would we like to see a Spider-Man film done by David Goyer and Nolan.

Meh. I'd rather have a director who would capture the wondrous aspects of Peter Parker living every geeks dream of suddenly gaining powers.

Of course... He could probably adapt his style and all that to fit.

i think there are only 4 directors that can pull off a carnage sequel (which shouldnt happen for at LEAST two movies):
robert rodriguez
quentin tarantino
chris nolan
tim burton

in that order...

Only four people in the entire world? Seriously? I hate closeminded people.

People I'd like to see pick up Spider-man as a whole:

Guillermo del Toro

Len Wiseman

Michael Bay

James Cameron

I'd like to see their take on Spidey. But I'm sure there are hundreds of people out there that are can do it justice.

no but those are who i can see doing it best
i mean, cmon we dont want another sm3 on our hands

I voted yes if only for the chance to see what he'd do. But, in all honesty, it wouldn't really fit his style all too well...I don't think it would work, but I'd still like to see how it would turn out. More curiosity than a burning desire.

Still, Tim Burton is awesome! ^_^

I'd rather see Tarantino or del Toro do it. bad place, I'd like to see Peter Jackson's Spider-Man more. ^_^

If he's limited the way he was for Batman, then I wouldn't mind seeing it. If he's given mroe power like in Batman Returns, then that can be questionable. I'd rather they restart the series before getting a new director. As long as they keep going with the current series, give it to Sam.

he directed batman in his own way, and his batman movies outdid the crap that schumaker followed with by far. if he had stuck with the batman series, it would never have needed to be revamped because it would still be going on

so while i do not see spiderman as the sort of dark movie franchise he usually is a part of, i would not be opposed to his directing it. he is a great director. it really woulda been interesting if he had directed sm3, because i think he wouldve had a great take on venom. of course, venom should not have been a villain until a much later sequel as well.

i disagree. i think people just think that he can only direct one kind of film because thats all he has directed, probably because thats what he likes directing. just an overview of what he has directed: Beetlejuice, batman/batman returns, edward scissorhands, ed wood, mars attacks, sleepy hollow, planet of the apes, big fish, charlie and the chocolate factory, the corpse bride, and sweeney todd. his batmans were the best batmans before this new revival, and i would argue wholeheartedly that they are just as good as batman begins. overrated? not so much.

after batman returns, i think he's done with superhero movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"