Sequels Would you like a Spider-Man movie directed by Tim Burton?

I'm a great fan of Burton's style, but I'm not sure that Burton's SM would look too good! I'd like to see him direct Ghost Rider, Man-Thing or Howard the Duck, some weird, "grotesque", dark and confusing characters!

I'm wondering what would his SM villains look like, because I love what he had done to Bat villains!
Good call:up:

I'm a great fan of Burton's style, but I'm not sure that Burton's SM would look too good! I'd like to see him direct Ghost Rider, Man-Thing or Howard the Duck, some weird, "grotesque", dark and confusing characters!

I'm wondering what would his SM villains look like, because I love what he had done to Bat villains!

I agree, spider-man just isn't for Burton. Like you said "weird, 'grotesque', dark and confusing characters" they are what he does best... after all, he is one :woot:

How the f--- are these Burton, Nolan and Batman threads in the Spider-Man forum remaining open? I wish the Mods would do their damn job. :mad:

He seems a bit crazy. When I was listening to his commentary for the Planet of the Apes remake, I realized just how often he stuttered. When he tried to explain the final scene, he really seemed like he had no idea what the hell he was saying. After two full minutes of talking, he didn't really tell me anything about the ending. It was all "umm, uh, well... you know..." Everything about him just screams the word 'quirky'.

He seems a bit crazy. When I was listening to his commentary for the Planet of the Apes remake, I realized just how often he stuttered. When he tried to explain the final scene, he really seemed like he had no idea what the hell he was saying. After two full minutes of talking, he didn't really tell me anything about the ending. It was all "umm, uh, well... you know..." Everything about him just screams the word 'quirky'.

Listen to the Bats '89 commentary. I swear he says 'you know' more than anything else at all :o

Didnt Tim Burton direct spidey 3? I mean Parker was Emo for part of the movie.

So maybe not that story line, but I think Tim Burton has a great way of revealing the darker side of his characters while also showcasing their humanity and vulnerability. The right story could definitely benefit from Burton's touch.

Dark Knight was awesome, and true to Batman's character. it seems like so many people want to make all comic book movies like that now. We don't have to copy the Dark Knight.

For one thing Batman has been referred to as the Dark Knight for a long time. Spider-Man is not Batman. His movies don't need to be dark. Just because it worked for Batman, that doesn't mean we need to copy it for every superhero movie.

Spider-Man titles were never called Spider-Man Legends of the Dark Spider.

He's not a dark character. For one thing with the mask on, he's suppsoed to be kind of a cheerful, wisecracking, happy go lucky hero with smart ass remarks.

They made a dark spider-man movie already once. It sucked.

I disagree, I think it could be done very well. I actually (kind of) cared when Rachel died in TDK, and I hated her character in BB. I see no reason why the death of Gwen Stacy couldn't be portrayed on film.

But I don't really want Burton heading up Spider-man, I just don't think his style fits the character.

it could have worked, but it's too late now

Dark Knight was awesome, and true to Batman's character. it seems like so many people want to make all comic book movies like that now. We don't have to copy the Dark Knight.

For one thing Batman has been referred to as the Dark Knight for a long time. Spider-Man is not Batman. His movies don't need to be dark. Just because it worked for Batman, that doesn't mean we need to copy it for every superhero movie.

Spider-Man titles were never called Spider-Man Legends of the Dark Spider.

He's not a dark character. For one thing with the mask on, he's suppsoed to be kind of a cheerful, wisecracking, happy go lucky hero with smart ass remarks.

Agreed!

By the way, Raimi understands visual aspest of Spider-Man comics! Spidey characters are colorfull in many ways! Spidey's New York is not noir Gotham City!

And, I don't blame him for SM3, script was all mess and studio had some very stupid decisions!

And, I don't blame him for SM3, script was all mess and studio had some very stupid decisions!
Wow lol you do realize Raimi wrote the script the SM3 right? So you are blaming him :o

technically neither is batman. um he's close tho:yay:

Heh. That's the one. And when he was coherent, he was normally talking about anything except the scene that was playing . . . you know.

I kept listening to him talk about how he could get into Batman's psychology, because he was a loner, and the dual natures of people, and the scatterbrained qualities, and I kept wanting him to shut up or tell some Jack Nicholson stories.

And that cycle happened at least twelve times.

But on topic, Helena Bonham Carter wouldn't make a good MJ, so there's no way Burton would make a Spidey film. :o Nor should he.

I'm a big Burton fan. Frankly, there are very few things that the man did and I didn't enjoy. So, yes, I would be interested in seeing a Burton Spidey film simply as a curiosity, to see what he'd do with it. That said, I don't think Burton is the right director for this character.

They made a dark Spider-Man movie? I must have missed that one.

Anyway, Burton could probably make a great movie out of Spider-Man, but not a great Spider-Man movie. I'd watch.

^ ya, really. when have they ever made a dark spidey movie? if he means sm3, then i don't see it. the only dark thing about that movie was his suit. i think its the litest movie actually. (altho it did have 1 more death. but they shoulda stopped killing the villains after gg)

the only spyderman character that i can think of that burton could do rite is the green goblin. there aren't many other spiderman characters weird enough 4 burton.

I can't believe this thread's still alive. How would you guys like a hack to take over the 'Spider-Man' franchise? Yes, Burton's a hack. Imagine someone adapting a novel, like 'Harry Potter', and they had a director who never read the book itself. Usually, they'd get the director to actually read the book, but Tim Burton sure as hell didn't read not one comic-book while adapting 'Batman'.

I can't believe this thread's still alive. How would you guys like a hack to take over the 'Spider-Man' franchise? Yes, Burton's a hack. Imagine someone adapting a novel, like 'Harry Potter', and they had a director who never read the book itself. Usually, they'd get the director to actually read the book, but Tim Burton sure as hell didn't read not one comic-book while adapting 'Batman'.

I thought he read--and took to WB to say "this is what I want the movie to be"--The Killing Joke. Doesn't he even mention that in the making-of?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"