Would you like to see trademark Superman scenes or original scenes?

NADALWON

Civilian
Reaction score
You know those scenes, Clark running down the alley and shirt-ripping into Superman. Superman flying with Lois through Metropolis. Clark's glasses slipping off with Lois nearby and a look of contemplation. These types of scenes are welcome in Man of Steel? Or would you like them excluded and everything to be original? It's not like there are no new ideas out there waiting to be used.

I'd want to see the shirt rip, and possibly his glasses slipping off while around Lois and she starts to wonder. I want original scenes as well though...I'd love to see the fly by at the end of the movie but I'm almost certain that's gone.

I'd want to see the shirt rip, and possibly his glasses slipping off while around Lois and she starts to wonder. I want original scenes as well though...I'd love to see the fly by at the end of the movie but I'm almost certain that's gone.

Seems like fans (those that I read the opinions of online) were upset a the number of homages in Superman Returns. So maybe there won't be many trademark scenes (if those are deemed homages). Although Superman Returns had actual dialogue similar to Donner's Superman, so maybe that is what caused the backlash.

I like the 'fly by' and it would be cool if they do that in EVERY Superman film forever. But I also think it would be cool at least the first time I see Man of Steel if I have no idea when the film is going to end. So a new ending would be a good change maybe. Overall though, I'm in favor of the fly by, unless something extremely interesting replaces it.

I liked the homages to the Reeve films since Returns was supposed to be a sequel to the first two. In the reboot I DO NOT want things like, "flying is the safest way to travel" and the little lines that Reeve used. I do want Cavill to have the same mannerisms as Chris, since that is how I believe Clark and Superman should ultimately be portrayed on screen. Get caught up in a revolving door, trip over your own feet, say gee and swell. You have to make people believe that there is no way in bad place that Clark Kent and Superman are the same person

I want very little "paying homage" in this movie. This is a new Superman movie, different from all others, though recognizable. They should be focused on creating scenes that become classic going forward.

I liked the homages to the Reeve films since Returns was supposed to be a sequel to the first two. In the reboot I DO NOT want things like, "flying is the safest way to travel" and the little lines that Reeve used. I do want Cavill to have the same mannerisms as Chris, since that is how I believe Clark and Superman should ultimately be portrayed on screen. Get caught up in a revolving door, trip over your own feet, say gee and swell. You have to make people believe that there is no way in bad place that Clark Kent and Superman are the same person

But Clark Kent wasn't clumsy in the comics, was he? And in TV shows (George Reeves, Dean Cain) he wasn't clumsy. And 'swell' was a Donner idea I think.

No, we're in a different era/decade. He can use other words than those old ash ones to come off as geeky. Using those would just be trying to copy a bit of Reeves again.

I want very little "paying homage" in this movie. This is a new Superman movie, different from all others, though recognizable. They should be focused on creating scenes that become classic going forward.

I completely agree. I want it to be sparse. And maybe even homages to the George Reeves show...but I think we are getting that with the hair, not that the hair can't change later on.

No, we're in a different era/decade. He can use other words than those old ash ones to come off as geeky. Using those would just be trying to copy a bit of Reeves again.

you got any suggestions? Gosh, golly...I'd love to hear them!

you got any suggestions? Gosh, golly...I'd love to hear them!

Personally I agree with someone who posted up above that they shouldn't bother to give him any godawful, dorky slang at all.

I think they should make Clark a very smart and studious journalist, but not necessarily clumsy or dorky in any way. I'm pretty sure they won't copy the Donner version. Seems like they are going the direction of making Clark a real person, not just a disguise. And real people aren't usually that dorky.

But Clark Kent wasn't clumsy in the comics, was he? And in TV shows (George Reeves, Dean Cain) he wasn't clumsy. And 'swell' was a Donner idea I think.

to an extent he was in the comics, I guess it depends on the era and who's writing. Reeves and Cain weren't clumsy and I didn't like that portrayal of Clark. Too easy to figure out Clark was Superman

Personally I agree with someone who posted up above that they shouldn't bother to give him any godawful, dorky slang at all.

And I'm a country boy...I say gosh from time to time. So off putting dialogue wouldn't bother me at all

I think they should make Clark a very smart and studious journalist, but not necessarily clumsy or dorky in any way. I'm pretty sure they won't copy the Donner version. Seems like they are going the direction of making Clark a real person, not just a disguise. And real people aren't usually that dorky.

you'd be shocked at how dorky real people are

The shirt rip is a given. Change up the fly by in my opinion could have a huge explosion on earth and supes fly back to earth just as a ship arrives in orbit.

Exactly. Teases you for the next film.

:up:

excellent idea. Like all the Reeve films ended with a fly by, the Cavill films could end with him hovering in space and suddenly returning to Earth to save someone and then you could somehow phase in the next threat...damn I like that idea! :awesome:

Musts to me are: shirt rip, bullets bouncing off his chest, and Lois and Superman flying, with that I would be ok

excellent idea. Like all the Reeve films ended with a fly by, the Cavill films could end with him hovering in space and suddenly returning to Earth to save someone and then you could somehow phase in the next threat...damn I like that idea! :awesome:

Thankyou. I have my moments.

Lol

Shirt rip nod, but not an actual homage. Perhaps he's about to rip his shirt and decides not to.

On second thought. No. None. Make a great movie, and don't spend any time being cute or not taking it dead serious. When you do those kinds of things you take people out of the film, and that's not a good idea, especially for a character that requires so much suspension of disbelief.

No traditional scenes please. Redo everything. When his shirt comes off, it should be in the most badass way possible. My favorite idea right now is in a fire, and his clothes just burn off and ash away to reveal the uniform. He should chuck a phone booth at Zod and try to shove it down his throat. People should be running in the streets screaming "It's a plane! It's a plane!" right before Superman sweeps in to catch it.

No cuteness please.

or just grab the front of his shirt and rip it off...not open. But for me, the shirt being ripped open is a mainstay

He should use "whack" as an adjective. That would the equivalent of "swell' today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"