Comics Would you want Spidey to wear the movie costume on a regular basis?

Chris Wallace

LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...
Reaction score
You know, raised webbing, altered symbol, the works.:spidey:

It's close enough to the comic suit that I really wouldn't care either way.

The blue colouring in the movie costume is too dark when compared to his original red'n blues. :(

:)

I could live with it, but it would be a big hassle for the artists to draw the thicker webbing. The only purpose for the raised webbing is to make the webs 3 dimensional, which is only needed for a film.

I wouldn't care. The movie costume is pretty mucht the comic costume with 3-d webs and texture.

Themanofbat said:
The blue colouring in the movie costume is too dark when compared to his original red'n blues. :(

:)

What'choo talkin' 'bout? His original red n' blues were red n' black. ;)

I wouldnt really mind, its pretty much the same costume already but as Dragon said it would take longer for artists to draw to actually show the difference of the webbing.

It would be pointless.
Aswell as it just not being as slick as the comic version, the eyes don't contort to show emotion the way the red and blue's do in the comic.
To change the movie suit in panel so the eyes did react would mean it would cease to be the movie costume.

The suit in the film was really just a solution to the problem of getting the red and blues to work on screen. And the truth is that it will never look as good in real life as it does in the comic. So basically no, it would be pointless to use the second rate movie suit.

I really never thought about it... differences are subtle...

I really like the movie spiders better... especially the one on the back. The old one looks more like a tick than a spider. I also like the medium sized eyes better than the HUGE ones. I also prefer the darker red and blue.

In real life drama, the texture that the raised webbing and pattern on the fabric provides looks MUCH better (less like under-roos), but that is not so important in the comics.

Dangerous said:
It would be pointless.
Aswell as it just not being as slick as the comic version, the eyes don't contort to show emotion the way the red and blue's do in the comic.
To change the movie suit in panel so the eyes did react would mean it would cease to be the movie costume.

The suit in the film was really just a solution to the problem of getting the red and blues to work on screen. And the truth is that it will never look as good in real life as it does in the comic. So basically no, it would be pointless to use the second rate movie suit.
The eyes SHOULDN'T contort! It's a mask! I always thought that looked stupid.

Considering that Movie Spider-man has the second most faithful movie costume in comic-movie history, I could care less. Besides, when the first movie came out, the comic costume was colored alot like the movie suit in the Ultimate books as well as the 616, so it doesn't really matter to me.

I do wish they would use the red Spider from the movie costume to replace the "tick" on Spider-Man's back, though.

Seriously, though, I don't want to see him in anything aside from the classic red & blues right now. We've had to endure this crappy Iron Spdier suit for about 3 or 4 months now, and I honestly can't stand it anymore. So long as he's wearing the Red & Blues, I'm happy.

Chris Wallace said:

Yeah. It irks me a little when I see it done, too. The only artist who ever pulled it off, IMHO, wa Erik Larsen. That oen panel from ASM #350 where Doom Slams Spidey through a few buildings and it just has Spidey with one eye squinted saying "ouch"....that's classic.

Still, as an artist, I never use that effect, simply because it isn't very realistic at all....and realism, or naturalism, is the look I try for.

Chris Wallace said:

I see, I always thought it looked cool when done right.
When employed by artists like McFarlane or Ramos it can add a lot to a scene.

shinlyle said:
Considering that Movie Spider-man has the second most faithful movie costume in comic-movie history, I could care less. Besides, when the first movie came out, the comic costume was colored alot like the movie suit in the Ultimate books as well as the 616, so it doesn't really matter to me.

I do wish they would use the red Spider from the movie costume to replace the "tick" on Spider-Man's back, though.

Seriously, though, I don't want to see him in anything aside from the classic red & blues right now. We've had to endure this crappy Iron Spdier suit for about 3 or 4 months now, and I honestly can't stand it anymore. So long as he's wearing the Red & Blues, I'm happy.

Second?

Whats more faithful?

Guyverjay said:
Second?

Whats more faithful?

Christopher Reeve Superman Costume. 100% faithful. I'm not saying that lightly, as I like the Spidey movies alot more than the Superman movies.

Yeah, I hated that mask contortion stuff. Like Web of Scarlet #4 when he winks at Firestar. Dumb!

Anyways, didn't some comics already add a silvery highlight to th' webs? I know I've seen them be glinty somewhat...can't remember where, though.

shinlyle said:
Christopher Reeve Superman Costume. 100% faithful. I'm not saying that lightly, as I like the Spidey movies alot more than the Superman movies.

Pffft there is one major difference, the spidey costume actually looks good:o

Spandex with pants on the outside plus bright yellow belt doesn't really work visually or in the context of the film.

I love the old supes films (well 1 and 2 anyway) but I only accept the costume today because of nostalgic reasons. If the that suit was used today in Superman returns i'd just laugh my ass off

Chris Wallace said:
But a mask can't do that.

It's called artistic licence.
Thats what is so cool about it, it can't actually be done.

Guyverjay said:
Pffft there is one major difference, the spidey costume actually looks good:o

Spandex with pants on the outside plus bright yellow belt doesn't really work visually or in the context of the film.

I love the old supes films (well 1 and 2 anyway) but I only accept the costume today because of nostalgic reasons. If the that suit was used today in Superman returns i'd just laugh my ass off

Buddy, I laugh my ass off every time I see the new suit in SR.
It is terrible.
The old movie costume is really perfect, that is what Supe's costume is suppossed to look like.

Dangerous said:
Buddy, I laugh my ass off every time I see the new suit in SR.
It is terrible.
The old movie costume is really perfect, that is what Supe's costume is suppossed to look like.

That suit wouldn't work today so it isn't perfect

Both costumes suck:o
IMHO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"