WoW=overhyped

Discussion in 'PC' started by Joker, Jul 4, 2006.

1. SouLeSS Registered

Amen to that. DAoC was similar, with the exception that we had horse rides to take us from one place to another, and no perma decay corpse. I love WoW for many reasons., but hate how incredibly easy it is, and how redundant dying and retriving your corpse is.

In fact, people use the die / ghost as an advantage to get through areas from one side of the world to another without having to worry about mobs or anything.

2. Mr. Smash'n Bash Registered

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Based on Games Workshop's popular Warhammer fantasy world. Dominated by force of arms and magic, this world provides a rich setting for hundreds of thousands of players to experience the epic nature of war and the glory of battle.

Join one of six Armies and fight for the Armies of Order (Dwarf, High Elf and Empire) or the Armies of Destruction (Greenskin, Dark Elf, or Chaos). Wage war across three unique battlefronts.

Next generation Realm vs. Realm game system integrating both PvP combat and PvE quests on the same map in support of the greater war.

Engage in four levels of RvR combat:

- Skirmishes: Incidental PvP combat
    - Battlefields: Objective-based battles in the game world
    - Scenarios: Instanced, point-based battles balanced with NPC Dogs of War
    - Campaigns: The invasion of enemy lands culminating in the assault on their capital city

Undertake a wide variety of PvE quest types related to an army's war efforts, including:

- Public quests that benefit from the participation of the entire army
    - Conflict quests that pit players against an enemy with opposing goals
    - Branching quests that let you choose the outcome of the quest and your reward
    - Xmas quests that reward exploration with high value loot

A robust combat system introduces Player Tactics (earned powers you equip prior to battle) and Morale Skills (combat options that increase in power when the momentum of battle is in your favor).

Player models that change to reflect the relative power of a character (i.e., Orcs grow in size and Dwarfs' beards get longer). Customizable armor and a visual guild system allow a player to make their character truly unique.

Embark on an epic quest to complete the Tome of Knowledge and unlock Warhammer lore, detailed monster information, and major story plotlines.

Online play requires a subscription and Internet connection

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is what WoW Should have been.

3. Drakon I got a rock.

Wow, had the description not won me over, those screenies would have

4. Mr. Smash'n Bash Registered

Thats what Orcs and Goblins should look like. :o

5. Mr. Smash'n Bash Registered

So, will I be seeing you in WAR when it releases Drakon?

6. Drakon I got a rock.

Maybe. I meant Heroe's Journey, specifically, but it did apply to both. My buddy will probably pick up WAR, so I'll probably play on his account.

7. Mr. Smash'n Bash Registered

Ahh damn .. :(

8. Drakon I got a rock.

If you ever get into my neck of the woods, I'll play you some REAL Warhammer. Deal?

9. Mr. Smash'n Bash Registered

Deal, As long as it's 40k because my Dwarf army isn't above 500 points yet. :o

10. Drakon I got a rock.

11. The Leaguer Registered

I'm not quite sure what your point is, but your're wrong about "everyone else hated it." You're speaking for a massive group of people that you know pretty much nothing about.

As for the choices thing... duh?

I've learned to take any hype about a game, screenshots included, with a grain of sand. Hype and graphics don't mean too much. EverQuest 2's graphics were mindblowing. The game sucked. The crap Dark and Light was promising sounded incredible. The game (what Settlers of Goranth showed, at least) sucked. D&D promised both, a ton of content and nice graphics. The game sucked.

12. WhatsHisFace Registered

When will the last gameworld to be completely surrounded by giant mountains finally release so I don't have to look at it again? Other than that, it looks good graphically.

13. Capt Throbberson Registered

I have my hopes up for Vanguard.

14. SouLeSS Registered

Fact of the matter is, a LOT of MMO's lately have been very...undersomething or other. In other words, they had AMAZING potential (Auto Assult, Dark and Light, DND Online) but they ended up sucking hard.

15. stryfe Chaos Bringer

Agreed.

16. devilgirl Registered

They arent bad, just that they all fall into the same traps.
    You lose intrest.
    I've played Everquest 1+2 , City of heroes + villains, Matrix online, Guild Wars

In EQ it lacked community and after awhile all it was , was hack and slash and downtime.

City of Heroes +Villains had what eq lacked but it too just became the same routine.

Matrix online had everything these other games lacked but it became boring as hell and the gameplay was terrible.

Guild wars is basically a fantasy version of Halo.

I havent touched WOW because it looks like the smurfs on acid and i like my elves dark and evil, not purple. The game is way over hyped to the point that it's annoying.

I am still on the search for a good MMORPG, till i find one, im playing Diablo.

17. Drakon I got a rock.

I should reinstall Diablo. You play on USWest or East?

18. iceberg325 Registered

I think alot of people dont like WoW because its so popular. Thats silly. In everquest when you die what happens? You owe xp. Ok its hardcore w/e. in FF11, what happens when you die, you lose like 30 xp. It takes along time to get xp in that game. It sucks because you earned alot of xp, you get chased by an overpowered mad sheep that can attack you form 100 yards away. Is that hardcore, no. Its bad game design. WoW is good because it doesnt take you to quit your job in order to play it. Its accesible, and that is why it appeals to the masses. EQ, FF11 and other mmos are for the hardcore only. That is why they only appeal to there respective gamers. Wow is a great game. Its fun, yes its easy, the graphics are great. The only 2 problems I have with it are, its a bit laggy, and too repetetive. Out of all the mmos Ive seen or played, IMO wow is the best.

19. devilgirl Registered

you lose a shard too, which also costs xp and you have to go get it again, which causes you to lose more shards because you lost the first fighting a high level named. So you decide to forget it and wait 3 days for it to be returned and by that time you've realized that you havent fed your pet fish in days and it's hovering above the water.

ah the sweet addiction of MMORPGs...

I miss cuddles:(

Hi hi, currently im on a hiatus from online gaming, I need to buy a new computer and i've been busy with my online comic.

but i shall tell you when i get things rolling again.

20. SLVRSR4 Registered

that game is awesome! Also person that is making 1000 a week train me! Give me free crap too! i've played a lot of mmorpgs and all i can say it is better than runescape! My piece can't run any other games decently! oh and the leaguer i admire your hardcoreness!

21. SouLeSS Registered

I'm not gonna train you on how to goldfarm / mob farm =( It really easy though.

22. Drakon I got a rock.

Please do. And update Cartridge. I'm tired of seeing Emo Spidey. :p

23. Benstamania Go away.

The WoW hate hear makes me sad. :( Thankfuly it's the only place that HAS WoW hate. :p

24. The Leaguer Registered

"Hear?"

Lot's of places have WoW hate, it's just that in those places, it's the accepted way of thinking, so they don't bother talking about it.

25. Benstamania Go away.

Forgive me, a misplaced word, or a typo if you will...how dare I.