Wreck-It Ralph 2

I think the Princess segments were one of the main reasons the movie got made.

What I don't get is why the 2D Princesses were rendered as 3D. It would have made more sense to me if they were 2D. But I'm not sure Disney has any 2D artists left.

There's plenty of the old animators still out there, they just don't work for the company anymore.

I loved it. Probably even more than the first. It had a great message and a much less cliche script, plus seeing all the Disney princesses working together was epic

What I don't get is why the 2D Princesses were rendered as 3D. It would have made more sense to me if they were 2D. But I'm not sure Disney has any 2D artists left.
The princesses were rendered as 3D and didn’t look exactly like their old film designs because they were from a website... like that old game Disney made. Infinity? It wasn’t the actual princesses, just a version of them.

I watched this about a week ago and here are my thoughts

I also watched Wreck It Ralph 2 and it was very underwhelming.

I'm surprised that a beautiful movie like Smallfoot got snubbed (nomination for best animated movie) at the Oscars in favor of this mediocre WDAS offering.

It felt like a Monsters University redux, i.e a disappointing sequel to a movie I love.

WIR2:RBTI had none of the charm of the 1st one. That's 0k as the endearing quality of the 1st movie was always gonna be hard to replicate but the movie is not even funny.

I haven't seen Emoji Movie. So I can't compare them.

The different components of Internet (as well as the merits and demerits of Internet usage) are well integrated into the plot. But the movie doesn't stand out in any broader aspect. I needed to latch onto something to like it but the characters, the humor and the thematic elements just didn't land for me.

I had high hopes for the synergy stuff from the other disney products. I thought it'll be a lot of fun. But none of that meta stuff worked.

I laughed exactly 3 times during the course of the movie, i.e 1) the 'she's from the other studio' line, 2) the whole neck of the woods improvisation bit (it was really hilarious) & 3) I forgot about this one but I remember having a chuckle.

I wanted to spend more time on the Dark web because Spamley and Double Dan were the best parts of the movie.

I think the idea is that they’re 3D in their own world, the same way Ralph is 3D despite being a 2D character in his game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"