Wreck It!

DarKush

Sidekick
Reaction score
If you could derail one comic book movie/franchise-already on screen,in development, or that is in the discussion stage-which one would it be and why?

Any project based on a comic that's not even in print anymore, for starters. Such as Werewolf By Night, Shang Chi, Iron Fist, or Mort the Dead Teenager. If it doesn't merit keeping it on the shelf, why bother making a movie?

Also, when it comes to the Namor & Aquaman. While I have no great desire to see either, there's definitely no reason to make both. So one would have to be derailed if the other went into production, IMO.

Actually, I think Namor would work better in a FF film rather than a film series on his own.

One of my choices:
Ghost Rider-I never really was feeling him, and I doubt the movie would get the full screen treatment it required.

I Want Ghost Rider, & I Trust Johnson. I Think The Only Reason Gr's Not On The Shelves Anymore Is Because Mackie Left The Book To Go F Up Spider-Man, & Then GR Went To $#^@.
Damn That Mackie.

And The Only Way I'd Really Wanna See Namor In An FF Movie Is If They Went The Ultimate Route.

The Punisher. Unless they bring back Dolf Lundgren to do the sequels.

LanternFan said:
The Punisher. Unless they bring back Dolf Lundgren to do the sequels.

Very doubtful that Lundgren would return. It would be cool if he directed a Punisher sequel, or did a cameo though.

I would destroy the FF movie, hurl Tim Story into an alternate dimension and start it over.

DarKush said:
If you could derail one comic book movie/franchise-already on screen,in development, or that is in the discussion stage-which one would it be and why?

I don't really have to, marvel derails their own stuff every year by putting studio yes-men behind all of their projects.

DarKush said:
Very doubtful that Lundgren would return. It would be cool if he directed a Punisher sequel, or did a cameo though.

Seriously, come on! Who's cooler than Dolph Lundgren?!

OK, Adam West obviously, but that's a given. Nobody beats West when it comes to cool.

LanternFan said:
Seriously, come on! Who's cooler than Dolph Lundgren?!

OK, Adam West obviously, but that's a given. Nobody beats West when it comes to cool.

haha.....You are all right by me.

Gotta be FF.
I want Silver Surfer in his own movie...not as ab FF co-star. I did like the idea of Namor in the FF sequel. I'm mean if it is already wrecked, why not go all the way. That, I could at least respect.

If by derail, you say to start over...i say, all comic books movies made so far :o

Chris Wallace said:
Any project based on a comic that's not even in print anymore, for starters. Such as Werewolf By Night, Shang Chi, Iron Fist, or Mort the Dead Teenager. If it doesn't merit keeping it on the shelf, why bother making a movie?
From all your posts in all the other threads, this is the one i can not agree with less...sorry Chris :(
Every comic book deserves to be put on screen (unless they are just pure crap), and the ones that are not in print anymore, well, update them, just like they did with Blade.

And, just for the record, a well made Iron Fist movie, and by well made i mean a good understanding on the character, can be an amazing movie.

spider-man

restart this and get it right this time.

Wesyeed said:
spider-man

restart this and get it right this time.

Weyseed,

I'm curious. What did you think the Spider films got wrong? And how would you change them?

heh, I don't know why you want to know... but sure I'll tell you what I think needs changing.

First and most highest complaint of mine. He has organic webshooters yet still does the classic hand sign thing? Why? Just give him what's in the comics. Damn whether it makes sense. it's a fantasy movie. HEll, we see a guy making a mini-sun out in the open up in some room in manhattan, don't we?

He hardly quips. What happened to the motor mouth kid i know? Give him bruce campbell's personality for the next go around. And have tobey change his voice better as spidey.

No gwen stacy at the perfect chance to have her in the scene with gobby and the tram full of kids? Now gwen's in spidey 3? Wha?

speaking of that scene. He grabs MJ and the tram, foiling the goblin's plan, and eliminating the point of the scene. Why not just skip to the brawl at the end instead of making us sit through some cheesy new yorkers and cheesy boat drivers.

MJ is a ****e and I don't like her. Peter, date the nice betty brant lady, you fool.

Mcguire, please learn how to do a narration without putting us to sleep.

Why is this opening sequence thirty minutes long? Credits should be saved for after the movie's over and it's videogame graphics aren't so great.

fx are very lame at times. Why they allowed such blatantly obvious cgi to be put there to make us say "hey that's cgi" I'll never know. These needed to be redone or something.

Macy Gray

spidey sense not tingling at a key point. Maybe the fire was causing trouble. But it does seem fishy that he couldn't sense gobby's attack in the burning building.

revealed identity. Now this was nuts. In the age of the internet and camera cellphones at least.

He loses powers because he's not getting laid. When was this in the books?

ock and the car throwing stupidity. Throw a car at the guy you want to talk to? Help me understand this.

The science of the spidey hairs. They increase surface area, I've learned. So them going through cloth, I buy. Them going through shoes somehow, I'm needing an explanation.

spider doesn't die. The thing is supposed to die or else others will have a chance to become spidey-men. Or worse, it becomes part of the entire spider species as a whole once that spider reproduces...

This was awkward. He wakes up, suddenly has bulging muscles and isn't freaked out at all? Did he make a wish and think it was granted?

The costume. He made it. We learn that in spidey 2. That's awesome, but how did he make such an expensive and intricately designed suit? He's poor, barely can pay tuition/rent, and his old aunt can't even pay rent and needs a loan, yet he's able to make a suit that looks like it easily cost thousands to make. And maybe a nitpick but I see no holes for his webbing to go through and his mask seems to be molded to the rest of his suit when it's on, like it was made that way. And his mouth never moves when he's got it on. That's pretty strange.

It's too cheesy and self referenceing. Shazam. Up up and away Web. Superman-shirt-rip. Ok, we get it. stop it. Has an extremely boring romance with no chemistry between the leads, but it's really more of an obsession than a romance at its heart. Mcguire gives us his most pouty faced, depressing, always high, performance ever. Dunst too. the ending seemed ridiculous. The girl you've been crying for all movie with that same dull expression on your face, suddenly likes you now and you turn her down to stay friends instead because an enemy may want to hurt her to hurt you. So what. They wouldn't want to hurt a friend too? For the redo, make MJ into gwen and have her not be a ****e like MJ.

And why's gwen stacy in the third movie again?

I must say that the World trade center trailer was better than the entire first movie.

Also, would you like a slice of pointless chocolate cake scene? Get this confusing scene out of the film please.

Maybe keep the villians and their actors, and of course JJJ, aunt may, uncle ben who've been perfect, but the rest needs a redo, I think

whew... ok, I'm done.

Like i said, there isn´t one single comic book movie made so far that is so perfect that i wouldn´t change something, even Hulk, which is, IMO, the best of all, need some important changes to it.
For example, when it comes to the X-Men franchise, the first trilogy should have been about the original team (Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Iceman and Angel).
About the Spider-Man franchise, i have many problems with it, but i can give you 3 as the most important.

- Comic book level
- Green Goblin
- Ending

The most important is the comic book level.
And, what the hell do i want to say with it?
Every comic book movie most enhance everything in it to mimic real life, where Spider-Man doesn´t (just like Fantastic Four, and i´m not comparing one to the other, mind that).
You have the enhance the drama, the action, the characterization, the relationships, the story....Spider-Man doesn´t, Spider-Man is a comic book brought to live, which is great, but doesn´t allow it to became what it should be in the first place.
For example, not once you have realistic reactions to what is happening, and everything is taked for granted. For example, and just like Wesyeed said, the scene wakes up to having powers; another one is when Peter tries out his powers after running away from school (he looks to a spider in the wall, he looks at his hands and his first reaction is, wow, i have spider powers :rolleyes:)
That happend in the 1st, it happend in the 2nd, and it will happen in the 3rd as well, because that´s what Sam Raimi does.

Green Gobin....and i´m not even going about the sh**ty costume.
The Green Goblin´s menace is not about a legacy, is about a man, Norman Osborn.
Sure, there is a legacy too, but the thing is the man behind the costume.
So, to have a movie where you address his origin and then he dies, is pure stupidity :o
In the movie, hell, in the all franchise, he is nothing more than just another villain, you never get to understand why he is Peter´s biggest enemy, all you have is, the legacy of the Goblin.

My first reaction to the ending of the movie, back when i saw it in the theaters, was.....what an amazing ending, the best ending to any comic book movie and maybe to any movie.
It was dramatic and you could feel the sadness in the characters, after so many time after MJ, in the end, when he has her, he, for her security, turns her away.
But, when you really think about it, it doesn´t make much sense.
He is fearful for her security, but why?
The only villain he ever had is dead...
It would made extreme sense if Norman would have lived at the end, that would be an amazing ending because he is out there, but, if he is dead...don´t tell me that Peter knew the future and he knew that there would be others?

About the ones that Wesyeed, some i agree, some i can live with, but one i totally agree on, there is no point whatsoever to bring Gwen Stacey to the franchise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"