A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

He'll get it back when he's ready to go.
yeah.

but hopefully in the meantime, they will give the title to someone other than Lesnar.

let other people on the roster have a chance to shine.

The Revival and the Mike & Maria Kanellis apparently asked to be released.

I could see Gallows and Anderson leaving for AEW if it takes off. Those two are barely used.

Has Bennett learned to wrestle yet?

DxIWNevXcAA8RFi.jpg

Man I haven’t been in this thread to discuss what’s going on in a while.

Excited for Takeover for sure as always. Rumble has some stuff I’m interested in.

This whole “new era” and change **** is just more false promises. They’ve done a few very little things here and there that are steps in the right direction. Let’s see if they stick the course and really start bigger changes.

Cause a lot of the stuff they’re doing recently is still rinse and repeat same old. RAW is the worst offender. That show is barely watchable for the past year. Smackdown is hit or miss with some of its stuff.

New era and change why don’t they switch more **** up too like graphics for the shows on tv, slightly change the set design a bit. Give us a feel that this is something different. You have all this talent on the roster you’re paying and you’re wasting a big majority of the talent. Either bad booking or completely burying them.

I don’t blame some of them for wanting to get out and better themselves be it AEW or elsewhere. AEW is good for WWE to have some competition again if it really picks up when it gets going. But really overall until Vince is gone and dare I say permanently as in dead, things won’t get all that much better.

Like for example quickly SD this week. Mysterio and Almas put on an amazing match that should’ve been the main event. Yet it wasn’t. The main event was a segment of the Miz and oh of course a McMahon and then an impromptu match. And the show ending with Shane doing a coast to coast. Why? Cause we really need to showcase more of the McMahon family instead of other talent. Like we haven’t seen enough of them.

And this whole forced tag team of him and the Miz is horrible. And right away they’re getting title shots, but you have other tag teams on the brand like Gallows and Anderson who you don’t put on tv hardly at all. Or Sanity! For Christ sake you call them up from NXT for what?! To bury them and keep them off tv. I always pray for NXT talents I love not to be called up. Because they’ll basically be ruined on the main roster and/or completely buried and forgotten.

Last edited:
Shine 56 and Evolve 120 were great shows today. Still pissed at the Jordynn Grace/LuFisto ending. I still want my No Holds Barred match, dammit! Those refs deserved it!

Also got my tickets to the next show at La Boom. March can't come soon enough,

WWE has 2 choices when it comes to this: Either end the brand split or give the entire Women's division their own show?

Couple of things on RAW:
- If Finn Balor doesn't win the title on Sunday then this feud is a waste of time. The fact that Braun Stroman is lingering around the title feud tells me that it's not gonna be Finn's time.
- I really think Seth Rollins makes a better heel than face.
- The tag division in both shows is a mess right now. The Revival went from being tough guys to comic relief. Bobby Roode sharing his gimmick for a tag team??
- That's more personality than I've ever seen (and that's a good thing) from Apollo Creed...and he ends up losing again. For the record, I'm not a fan of this version of Bobby Lashley. His best run in WWE to this point was his feud with Roman Reigns/Brock Lesnar.
- I really like this feud between Banks and Rousey, but we all know they are just spinning their wheels until Rousey/Flair or Rousey/Lynch comes up.

Kyle O’Reilly: “I guarantee you at Takeover we’re going to make Hagrid and bald Karl Marx regret ever taking their first Viking lessons. And that’s for suuuuure #undisputed.”

AXS.TV is encoring the 1st episode of WOW - Women Of Wrestling right now.

It was fun watching Curt Hawkins channel is inner Earl Hebner on RAW/

Been watching the 90's WWF "New Generation" and beginning of the "Attitude" era on WWE Network, coming up on the Montreal Screwjob soon. The writing and storylines were lightyears better than they are today and the wrestlers just had way bigger and more interesting personalities. Even some of the guys that were bad on the mic would be top mic guys today. Some of the greatest feuds and storylines ever. The storylines just had more detail, made logical sense and were well acted out by some of the Greatest Wrestlers ever. (My Top 5 G.O.A.T. are currently in big storylines going into Survivor Series 97 - Bret Hart, Undertaker, Stone Cold, Shawn Michaels and The Rock)

Even if WWE got back to better writing, they just don't have the array of personalities, from the wrestlers to the broadcasters, everyone was so much better at making the stories important and much more believable and the stories just had way more depth and were more logically planned out.

As for current day, I think WWE is making a big mistake if they don't have Becky enter the Royal Rumble and win it. She's one of the few wrestlers in WWE today that have that big personality and believability to become a Legend in her Division, winning the Rumble in a badass fashion would take her to another level. She should lose to Asuka somehow and be a surprise entrant in the Rumble, toss a bunch of people out and talk some trash as she does it. Win and immediately declare war on Ronda for Mania.

Glad Alexa is coming back, I know alot of people don't like her but she's one of those personalities that makes feuds and storylines more interesting in the Women's Division IMO. Or at the very least, she has the potential to if the writing is solid.

Hoping the rumored match of Seth and Brock at Mania happens, he should be the face of Raw and be the next Universal Champion. He's not a huge personality but he's solid enough there, one of the best wrestlers on the Roster and he's been putting the work in for awhile.

As for AEW, meh, no one of their roster is interesting to me and I don't think they'll be a real threat to WWE, but I hope they can make enough noise to scare WWE into improving and taking more chances. The PG Era needs to end.

Last edited:
WWE has 2 choices when it comes to this: Either end the brand split or give the entire Women's division their own show?

I've been saying the WWE needs to give the Women division their own show on WWE Network. However I do understand the argument that if that is done it will for the most part burry the women division. Just like what happened to the cruiserweight division.

Couple of things on RAW:
- If Finn Balor doesn't win the title on Sunday then this feud is a waste of time. The fact that Braun Stroman is lingering around the title feud tells me that it's not gonna be Finn's time.
- I really think Seth Rollins makes a better heel than face.
- The tag division in both shows is a mess right now. The Revival went from being tough guys to comic relief. Bobby Roode sharing his gimmick for a tag team??
- That's more personality than I've ever seen (and that's a good thing) from Apollo Creed...and he ends up losing again. For the record, I'm not a fan of this version of Bobby Lashley. His best run in WWE to this point was his feud with Roman Reigns/Brock Lesnar.
- I really like this feud between Banks and Rousey, but we all know they are just spinning their wheels until Rousey/Flair or Rousey/Lynch comes up.
You say that like Becky vs. Rousey isn't the obvious money match they should be going for. :funny:

One match into Takeover... God these really are the best shows going in pro wrestling.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"