A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

I guess what makes it difficult is that New Day doesn't really have a leader like most stables do. DX had a leader. When HBK and Triple H held their respective belts, each was the leader at the time. Xavier is the mouthpiece, Big E is comic relief, and Kofi is the big spot guy. No clear leader. It would be kind of a Freebird thing if Kofi gets the belt.

I'm perfectly fine with that. All 3 guys deserve runs as main eventers as they've been one of those most consistently over acts in the last 3-5 years. They should have been given a chance at the top belt a long time ago.

No one needs to be a "leader", they are "brothers" as they've stated.

I'm thinking that the Tooth Fairy is how Dwayne Johnson and Stephen Merchant met and became friends. So when you're watching Fighting With My Family, it might not have happened if Tooth Fairy never happened.

So there is going to be a Hulkamania movie and playing Hulk Hogan is....Chris Hemsworth.

I'd really need to see some sort of audition tape or make-up test!

We all know how this movie ends, with Hogan getting all of the belts from every wrestling promotion today, including all of the tag, women's and weight based titles. During the movie though, he travels through time and wins every title won by Lou Thesz, Gorgeous George going all the way back to when he defeated future President Abraham Lincoln in a squash match in 1840's Illinois (Lincoln was rumored to have been a wrestler when he was younger).

Tye Dillinger is the latest guy to ask to be released by WWE.

No doubt Dillinger will join his old pal Cody Rhodes in AEW eventually. Cody and Dillinger have been buddies since their OVW days and at one point were working on a 3 man stable that included Tyler Breeze.

Probably.

Black doesn't look like he downs roids for breakfast so for Vince that means he is probably midcard at best.
Seth Rollins doesn't have that look either. Neither do Daniel Bryan, Kofi, AJ, Balor, Ambrose, and quite a few others.

Better be good news. That pop would have been unreal (probably still will be), but it'd sit better as a surprise. Gotta get them ratings tho.

Yeah, so anyway, better be good news. :argh:

Also, they kept Asuka off TV for a month, had her tap out Becky (and mention it), run promos about the old Asuka being back, had her play down being interested in fighting Becky or Charlotte... only to have ****ing Mandy Rose get a clean pin. JFC.

Calling it now. Aleister Black is gonna be in midcard purgatory :csad:

Sadly it already sounds like you're right, Bryan Alvarez reported that an anonymous source backstage (someone in creative or Management I'm assuming) said that it was "Laughable" for Elias to job to Aleister Black. "It's a shame Elias has to job to this guy that's half his size".

So clueless, whoever this person is should be fired. Black would destroy Elias in a shoot fight, yet this moron thinks Elias should go over because he's more jacked. Elias is a scrub wrestler who's decent on the mic, Black is one of the best in the world and should be WWE Champion by 2021 if not sooner.

AEW should not sign everyone released by WWE. They need to be very selective on who they sign that has been with the WWE.

Does anyone here watch WOW -Women Of Wrestling or you guys just don't care?

Stephanie McMahon trying to recruit Serena Williams to WWE... And Serena is apparently actually considering it... Don't really want to see this happen, they'll just have her go undefeated for a year or so and hold a belt hostage with super predictable matches like they're doing with Ronda now. And then inevitably have them Wrestle each other at WrestleMania 36 in a sloppy match.

Stephanie McMahon trying to recruit Serena Williams to WWE... And Serena is apparently actually considering it... Don't really want to see this happen, they'll just have her go undefeated for a year or so and hold a belt hostage with super predictable matches like they're doing with Ronda now. And then inevitably have them Wrestle each other at WrestleMania 36 in a sloppy match.

Is she actually going to wrestle or is she just going to be a celebrity ambassador? If it's the latter, I don't see what the problem is. If she is involved in WWE in any way, it'll probably be more like Dana Warrior instead of Ronda. If it's the latter, I don't have any issue with it. Let's just wait and see what her role is going to be before we jump to conclusions. Why does this happen everytime wrestling news comes out? If she signs with WWE, it may not even be as a wrestler. It could be in a role like Dana Warrior or she could serve in a role similar to Cathy Kelley or Charly Caruso.

It's too soon to know whether or not she will wrestle if they bring her in. Just because they bring her in doesn't mean she'll want to wrestle.

We need to stop jumping to conclusions in regards to every news about the WWE and this is what you are doing.

You also do know that every celebrity the WWE brings in do not wrestle right? This doesn't happen when WALE shows up.

Whatever level of involvement, if any, I severely doubt that Serena is about to rassle.

Whatever level of involvement, if any, I severely doubt that Serena is about to rassle.

If she does sign with WWE, it'll be more of a Dana Warrior type of role, using her for all of the charitable activities involving WWE superstars. Unlike Warrior, she doesn't have any questionable comments.

Is she actually going to wrestle or is she just going to be a celebrity ambassador? If it's the latter, I don't see what the problem is. If she is involved in WWE in any way, it'll probably be more like Dana Warrior instead of Ronda. If it's the latter, I don't have any issue with it. Let's just wait and see what her role is going to be before we jump to conclusions. Why does this happen everytime wrestling news comes out? If she signs with WWE, it may not even be as a wrestler. It could be in a role like Dana Warrior or she could serve in a role similar to Cathy Kelley or Charly Caruso.

It's too soon to know whether or not she will wrestle if they bring her in. Just because they bring her in doesn't mean she'll want to wrestle.

We need to stop jumping to conclusions in regards to every news about the WWE and this is what you are doing.

You also do know that every celebrity the WWE brings in do not wrestle right? This doesn't happen when WALE shows up.

Calm down buddy, I just saw the report and I realize they have celebs show up at Mania for little guest spots but they definitely made it sound like they're recruiting her to wrestle after her Tennis career winds down, which is happening even though she's probably still got a few years left. No need to lecture me about about it, it's not a big deal. It sounds like she's flirting with the idea, probably because they are offering some damn good money but she'll probably end up turning it down.

Calm down buddy, I just saw the report and I realize they have celebs show up at Mania for little guest spots but they definitely made it sound like they're recruiting her to wrestler after Tennis career winds down, which is happening even though she's probably still got a few years left. No need to lecture me about about it, it's not a big deal. It's sounds like she's flirting with the idea, probably because they are offering some damn good money but she'll probably end up turning it down.

Your last post sounded like you were upset that she was going to wrestle if she was to accept the WWE's offer. She probably wouldn't.

Your last post sounded like you were upset that she was going to wrestle if she was to accept the WWE's offer. She probably wouldn't.

Nothing about Wrestling is ever going to truly upset me, but no, if she signs I wouldn't be a big fan of the idea because they would overpush her because of her fame. At least Ronda came from a fighting background, Serena would be starting from scratch but you know that wouldn't stop WWE from shoving her into the spotlight to bank off her name. But yeah, probably won't end up happening, at least not for a few more years when her Tennis career is completely over.

Nothing about Wrestling is ever going to actually upset me, but no, if she's signs I wouldn't be a big fan of the idea because they would overpush her because of her fame. At least Ronda came from a fighting background, Serena would be starting from scratch but you know that wouldn't stop WWE from shoving her into the spotlight to bank off her name. But yeah, probably won't end up happening, at least not for a few more years when he Tennis career is completely over.

I would think that once her tennis career is over with, she'll jump into Hollywood and never look back.

He came back tonight:

I am of the opinion that Roman may have had only stage 1 Leukemia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"