A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

The Bella Twins aren't wrestlers, and Brie has been so dangerous since her return. Almost killed herself, now injured Liv in what was a clear lack of professionalism.

The Bella Twins aren't wrestlers, and Brie has been so dangerous since her return. Almost killed herself, now injured Liv in what was a clear lack of professionalism.

I mean you say that but they've both held the title. Nikki Bella was Divas champion, for what? A year I think. Maybe they are not gifted or skilled, but they are experienced workers.

It's pre-determined, but it's still dangerous. Always has been and will be. Was it unprofessional when Seth Rollins split open John Cena's nose and crushed it?

Or how about ending Sting's career after powerbombing him into the corner?

Or Sting ending Rick Rude's career?

I mean you say that but they've both held the title. Nikki Bella was Divas champion, for what? A year I think. Maybe they are not gifted or skilled, but they are experienced workers.

It's pre-determined, but it's still dangerous. Always has been and will be. Was it unprofessional when Seth Rollins split open John Cena's nose and crushed it?

Or how about ending Sting's career after powerbombing him into the corner?

Or Sting ending Rick Rude's career?

Did you equate them holding the titles with actual skill in the ring? Do experienced workers who know what they are doing, do the things they do on a constant basis? Remember, Bill Goldberg was an "experienced" worker too. This isn't a one off mistake, or accidentally splitting someone open (this happens often and the cost of doing business). She tried to dive through the ropes twice and almost broke her neck. She just kicked someone in the face twice. How many times has Daniel or the Miz done those same kicks and never done that? They are sloppy as hell in the ring and are dangerous at this point. Becky, Asuka, Charlotte, Nikki, Kairi and others do crazier, more high risk stuff all the time, and haven't come close to this on a regular basis.

The whole thing with Brie is a different situation at all.
Liv was completely stiff and ready to take the kicks, didnt really move at all yet Brie hit her in the head twice because the kicks were sloppy done.

This is stuff that happens when you try to sell someone as a wrestler who doesnt have the skill to do that.
Nikki is a bit more safe but in the end they are both not good enough to do what they want to do.

definitely think brie needs to tone down her moves, two legit botches in succession is not a good thing

It’s also great to see other talent go to waste and put on the back burner just to have the twins return and take the spotlight away from them.

Oh and if the rumors are true for Nikki vs Rousey as the main event of Evolution, good lord.

Oh and if the rumors are true for Nikki vs Rousey as the main event of Evolution, good lord.

You have to let that sink in...the ppv that is supposed to showcase how far the women have come, and the main event is possibly being the former UFC fighter who is currently womens champions against one of the bellas...the more plastic one even.

You couldnt punch the hard working women harder in the gut than this.

You have to let that sink in...the ppv that is supposed to showcase how far the women have come, and the main event is possibly being the former UFC fighter who is currently womens champions against one of the bellas...the more plastic one even.

You couldnt punch the hard working women harder in the gut than this.

Yep that’s because Vince and this company basically just don’t give a shirt anymore. They’ve got their big tv deals and sponsors in place. They’re making big money. So why put out a good product? It’s sickening. It’s a women’s De-Evolution.

Yep that’s because Vince and this company basically just don’t give a **** anymore. They’ve got their big tv deals and sponsors in place. They’re making big money. So why put out a good product? It’s sickening. It’s a women’s De-Evolution.

Yup and its not even just the women, its the whole god damn product.
The deal with the saudis was the worst thing in terms of quality that could happen to the wwe.
They would be willing to have shows in empty arenas as long as they get the billions...cant blame them for that however.
The money they get tastes very sweet.

What is mindblowing is that they could make double the amount if they also would do a good job on the quality front.
A really strong womens Revolution would sell out the ppv fast and strong.
Good writing and booking would sell out halls every week and get you strong ratings...which all means even more money.

IMO, I'd love to see Becky vs. Charlotte as the Smackdown title match and Rousey vs. Sasha Banks as the RAW title match at Evolution. Maybe even Rousey vs. Banks vs. Bayley.

I was watching some PPV that was around 2013-2014 and the Bellas came out and Nikki claimed (at the time, not a champion) that she was going to be the longest reigning Divas champion in history. Kinda weird to spell out the plan before it even happened, right?

Glad Ruby took a shot in return at Brie. Hope backstage politics aren't played to get the Riott Squad blackballed for that as I do enjoy watching them. They certainly gelled better than Paige with Mandy/Sonya.

The thing that rattles me most is that Brie is currently taking a prominent place on both Raw and SD. That is a ridiculous amount of time to be spent on her when she is simply limited at all facets of the game. Surely Total Divas isn't that much of a draw for Raw and SD!?

I don't understand why when it comes to the Rock and John Cena the WWE kisses their ash and yet when it comes to Dave Bautista, he is ignored by them like the plague. He was in a massive movie this year and will be one next year, which will gross more than any movie by Johnson and Cena next year. I would think that the WWE would want to kiss Bautista's ash, especially with Avengers 4.

Think Dave has shown a track record of being willing to tell them where to go which they wouldn't like. Cena and Rock are company men when it comes down to it, whereas Dave isn't afraid to break rank.

Glad Ruby took a shot in return at Brie. Hope backstage politics aren't played to get the Riott Squad blackballed for that as I do enjoy watching them. They certainly gelled better than Paige with Mandy/Sonya.

She did? How? Havent seen anything...i was too focused on Liv getting knocked out that i didnt really focus on the rest of the match.

Think it was doing the rounds on twitter that Ruby stiffed her. I assume it was the kick after she tagged in as she didn't even get the tag off Logan. She just got into the ring looking pissed.

Did you equate them holding the titles with actual skill in the ring? Do experienced workers who know what they are doing, do the things they do on a constant basis? Remember, Bill Goldberg was an "experienced" worker too. This isn't a one off mistake, or accidentally splitting someone open (this happens often and the cost of doing business). She tried to dive through the ropes twice and almost broke her neck. She just kicked someone in the face twice. How many times has Daniel or the Miz done those same kicks and never done that? They are sloppy as hell in the ring and are dangerous at this point. Becky, Asuka, Charlotte, Nikki, Kairi and others do crazier, more high risk stuff all the time, and haven't come close to this on a regular basis.

I don't think it was intentional or unprofessional necessarily.

Yet fans tend to laud workers who are "stiff." Vader was acclaimed for his work, and Bret Hart claimed that Vader constantly hurt him and working with him was no fun. Are you going to consider Vader unprofessional and a non-wrestler?

Yet fans tend to laud workers who are "stiff." Vader was acclaimed for his work, and Bret Hart claimed that Vader constantly hurt him and working with him was no fun. Are you going to consider Vader unprofessional and a non-wrestler?
Working stiff wasn't what happened last night. Working stiff is a commitment two wrestlers make to each other. Last night was like a rookie was in the ring. She not only kicked her twice in the face, but then kept going. It was gross and unsettling watching Brie move a woman who had a head and potential neck injury. Just pin her, and the match is over. Instead she rolled her over poorly, then tried to get her to stand up and then forced her across the ring. She could have done massive damage to Liv beyond what she did.

So yeah WWE has announced Liv Morgan suffered a concussion during her match last night on Raw, and must go through proper protocol under the company's comprehensive wellness program before returning to in ring action

If James Storm signs with WWE, does he become the 1 millionth wrestler at the PC or does he go straight to main?

As much as I enjoy NXT, the Performance Center is starting to be overcrowded and it's probably over-capacity right now.

I didn't watch RAW last night but I saw a gif of Brie's kick on Liv and what the fork was that shirt? That looked totally reckless and negligent. She wasn't even looking at Liv when she was throwing those kicks, making sure to aim them where they needed to be, and she was going too fast and not giving Liv time to adjust, leading to her getting kicked multiple times in the face.

Kicking your opponent that fast doesn't do shirt to get you over either, as it doesn't give your opponent the chance to sell for them or put them over, so they don't even register. And on top of that it leads to what we saw happen to Liv, where someone gets hurt.

I respect Brie for coming back after having a kid and being there for Daniel, and she's taking a lot on her plate right now, but there was NO excuse for that shirt. That wasn't being stiff, that was being reckless and irresponsible.

She didnt want to hurt Liv, we can all absolutly get behind that...it was never her intention to really hurt her.
Which doesnt make it much better.

Bret Hart in general is a whiny baby, for the longest time he claimed its goldbergs fault for his career ending injury...he was literally unable to admit that it was his own fault for going back into the ring way too early after his concusion.
So i take everything he says with a grain of salt.

But yeah, vader was known to be stiff...but he told you so, you could prepare for that.
Liv was not prepared to get two stiff kicks into her head that are sloppy thrown.

Im surprised that even guys like meltzer doesnt see why this is a big deal to some.
Yeah it was an accident but one that wasnt your typical accident.
Rollins breaking cenas nose was bad timing, not because one of them was sloppy.
Kidds injury didnt happen because joe executed the muscle buster sloppy, same with the buckle bomb.
Those are accidents that sadly happen in wrestling.

Goldberg almost kicking harts head off because he didnt look if bret was ready...was sloppy.
Ryback almost breaking punks bones when he threw him off the stage lazy, was sloppy.
Brie kicking Liv twice in the head by throwing kicks without care, rhytm or anything for liv to prepare for...was sloppy.

It has nothing to do with her being a Bella...it has to do with her simply not being safe enough to work with at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"