A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

Prayers are with Roman and I'm not a religious man. This is awful.

I dont like the Character Roman Reigns, i hate the booking and the shoving down our throats...but i wish the man behind the character all the strength and hope he will beat this and come back stronger.

Holy crap! I had no idea he was struggling with that! Poor guy :csad:

Crazy waking up to the news here in the UK, I don't watch much wresting these days, always record it and if anything piques my interest I'll tune in. Can't believe this wasn't known given his battle for so long. Wishing him all the best and hopefully he beats it again!

Interesting to do it while making them tag champs on the same night. I assume this won't be a cut and dry heel not starting off at least, and Rollins will attempt to reconcile with his unhinged and screwed up brother in arms.

Tag team division is a mess anyway. Tag team titles are just props to advance main event feuds now and not build actual tag teams.

This is the 2nd time the Universal title has been vacated already, right? Have they announced what they're doing with it?

Lesnar vs. Strowman for the vacant title at Crown Jewel is the current plan.

This is profound. All these years Roman's been booed by the audience. He could have used his health history to get over with the fans. He chose not to. Knowing Vince and WWE, they probably pressured him to. But no, he didn't want to get over the cheap and easy way.

This is profound. All these years Roman's been booed by the audience. He could have used his health history to get over with the fans. He chose not to. Knowing Vince and WWE, they probably pressured him to. But no, he didn't want to get over the cheap and easy way.

1. That would be a little tacky. I mean Zack Ryder is a cancer survivor as well.
2. Roman Reigns might not have ever wanted to bring that up.

Been away on business so only just saw raw, that opening was tough to watch. It felt like the crowd didn't know how to respond at first, almost expecting some sort of twisted work.

I know that sounds bad, but wrestling is rarely an industry of tact or one that handles such issues with tact. And the reasons fans think things are works is because the industry conditions them to do as such ever since the curtain was pulled back on the business during the Attitude Era.

Hope he beats it and comes back stronger.

When he comes back he will be finally over and that’s when he turns heel

I am disappointed no one shouted " Say it ain't so Joe. Say it ain't so"

Tag team division is a mess anyway. Tag team titles are just props to advance main event feuds now and not build actual tag teams.
It amazes me how many great tag teams they have, how many times the tag team division on both shows have been super hot, and then they just abandon them or worse, purposely destroyed them.

So Bliss is probably out of Evolution with a concussion. Outside of two matches, that show is going to be awful, isn't it?

Hope Alexa is doing all right. But I really wish there was a less hectic schedule for these guys. Their bodies are being overworked to hell.

Just saw that Roman Reigns speech about his leukemia. Poor guy, hope he recovers well.

Hope Alexa is doing all right. But I really wish there was a less hectic schedule for these guys. Their bodies are being overworked to hell.
Way too many dates, with ridiculous travel, so very little time to recover.

So Bliss is probably out of Evolution with a concussion. Outside of two matches, that show is going to be awful, isn't it?
Wiki says
Rhea Ripley
is on the show so I'm doing a okay going to it Sunday.

Catching up on Raw, seeing that spot with Corben is why I walk with Elias.

Way too many dates, with ridiculous travel, so very little time to recover.

And that not only goes for the wrestlers...you can feel it with the bookers and writers too.
Not that i think they would be good with enough time either, but still.

Im still one who is for at least a month that they all can use to "restart" and recover.
Something like a 1-2 month "off season" and then begin a new year.
Either that or cut down on the house shows, im 100% sure that you could take away at least 50 shows and have the same results.
Its just too much what they all have to sacrifice for this company.

I know that sounds bad, but wrestling is rarely an industry of tact or one that handles such issues with tact. And the reasons fans think things are works is because the industry conditions them to do as such ever since the curtain was pulled back on the business during the Attitude Era.
Yes I agree, sorry could have been clearer about that element in my post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"