Wrestling

Status
Not open for further replies.
R.I.P. Hawk!
The Road Warriors and The Legion of Doom will always be the best tag team in the world of pro wrestling!

I hate the WWE name! That damn wild-life copmany is full of $hit! Do you know that as soon as they got the rights to WWF (World Wildlife Fund) from WWE, they changed their name to WWPF (World Wildlife Preotection Fund)? So they just did the whole thing out of spite.

I've been a wrestling fan since I was 5 (that's 12 years now) so I feel that stopping now would be a betrayal. But WWE does suck, mainly because Vince mcMahon refuses to push people that are actually over (i.e. Chris Jericho) and is letting the company be dominated by political players nobody cares about (i.e. Triple H). WWE is becoming like WCW in its dying years.

NWA TNA is the next big thing. It deserves to knock WWE off the top spot sometime in the future. Look at the talent: Jeff Jarrett, Raven, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, D'Lo Brown, Jerry Lynn...the list goes on. If TNA keeps on going the way its going, and doesn't let Hogan dominate the company when he joins, they have a bright future. Any company brave enough to have a freak like Raven (bless his cotton socks) as their flagship hero gets my respect...

i've sometimes noticed that the matches on heat are much better than the are on raw i think thats because heat and possibly velocity dont have time to waste with that stioryline stuff give me action not a lot of blablahblah

ok I don't remember who said it, but I'm almost 100% sure that the kane you see now is the kane we have always seen....I say almost because I haven't watched in a while(maybe 6 months or so) but up until then it was always the same kane.....if anyone remembers Jerry Lawler's dentist, Isaac Yankem DDS.....that's kane....oh yea and he was also the fake Diesel they had goin for a little while(both characters were unmasked)....there was some speculation that after he came back from an injury a few years back, because he was so much bigger alot of people thought it was a diff guy doin kane, but it wasn't, it's been the same guy. And unless they changed him in the last 6-8 months then its still the same guy....just wanted to clear that up :)

i was reading the wrestling thread over at www.comingsoon.net and read that matt hardy might be coming to raw from smackdown to participate in a romantic rivalry storyline with christian over lita what say about that?

Originally posted by zakthedog
NWA TNA is the next big thing. It deserves to knock WWE off the top spot sometime in the future. Look at the talent: Jeff Jarrett, Raven, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, D'Lo Brown, Jerry Lynn...the list goes on. If TNA keeps on going the way its going, and doesn't let Hogan dominate the company when he joins, they have a bright future. Any company brave enough to have a freak like Raven (bless his cotton socks) as their flagship hero gets my respect...

I think Hogan is going to be a one time only deal and not stay around. NWA:TNA can't afford to keep Hogan around for a long period of time due to Hogan's salary demands. Now I'm a Hulkamaniac and Hogan can actually wrestle (I have two of his matches from Japan) and I'll be glad to see Hogan in TNA, but it'll only be for the PPV show. TNA already expects to make next to nothing back from the show because it's all being used to pay Hogan.

It's amazing, isn't it, that Raven, D-Lo, Ekmo (Jamal), Mad Mikey (Crash Holly), and the rest of the WWE cast offs actually have considerable wrestling talent just were never able (or allowed?) to show it off in the WWE. D-Lo especially has impressed me. His series of matches with AJ Styles (the greatest wrestler in the world, in my opinion) were simply awesome.

I already knew Raven was great by watching his old ECW stuff and, to a lesser extent, his WCW work. WWE just doesn't like pushing guys that aren't home-grown talent. That's why we're never going to see guys like Rob Van Dam, Chris Benoit or the fantastic Chris Jericho as top guys in the company.

I'm particularly annoyed over how they misuse Jericho. This guy is the best heel since Ric Flair. He's talented and over, and could be their top heel for years to come. But instead they have Triple H (who coincidentally is less talented and less over) as their top heel, and leave Jericho floundering in the upper midcard. Boy, Jericho should have stayed on Smackdown, although sadly that's quickly getting as bad as Raw.

I already knew Raven was great by watching his old ECW stuff and, to a lesser extent, his WCW work. WWE just doesn't like pushing guys that aren't home-grown talent. That's why we're never going to see guys like Rob Van Dam, Chris Benoit or the fantastic Chris Jericho as top guys in the company.

I'm particularly annoyed over how they misuse Jericho. This guy is the best heel since Ric Flair. He's talented and over, and could be their top heel for years to come. But instead they have Triple H (who coincidentally is less talented and less over) as their top heel, and leave Jericho floundering in the upper midcard. Boy, Jericho should have stayed on Smackdown, although sadly that's quickly getting as bad as Raw.
so thats why they were always pushing lita over molly holly when she first showed up because she came there after wrestling as mona in wcw

And that's why they take Lance Storm, a technical wrestler almost on a par with Benoit, who by the way, has plenty of charisma, and make him into a "boring" character with zero charisma.

Then, when he's just starting to get some credibility, they actually encourage the fans to shout "Boring" during his match. The message of this is that great technical wrestling is BORING, and fans should only cheer for people using weapons on each other, mindlessly brawling or doing jumping from the top ropes. Ultimately, of course, fans will be brainwashed inro hating all wrestling, and only liking the storylines, which is slowly being done by making matches shorter and shorter, so long matches turn off the casual fan.

Anyway, back to Lance Storm. They then pull away the last shred of his dignity by giving him the lamest gimmick ever, which involves him drssing as Goldust and dancing to the ring. Keep in mind that this guy was a world title contender in ECW and WCW. I hope Lance Storm either gets given something to do or goes to NWA TNA, where he'll get used properly.

Meanwhile, I can only hope for Triple H to suffer a serious injury that will put him out for a year or so, allowing Chris Jericho to replace him in the main event heel spot on Raw.

Meanwhile, I can only hope for Triple H to suffer a serious injury that will put him out for a year or so, allowing Chris Jericho to replace him in the main event heel spot on Raw.

Yeah, but remember the last time that happened when Triple H came back. Jericho took the backseat to Triple H, Steph, Steph's dog and Steph's hand lotion. :rolleyes:

HA-HA I laugh at you all I'm going to survivor series HA-HA jk but I really am going

i just read on wwe.com that the winner of undertakers bike on an ebay auction for a charity called the angellus REFUSED TO PAY for the bike. what a lowlife, if he'd gone broke and COULDN'T pay for it thats one thing but bidding under false pretenses on a CHARITY auction is wrong DEAD WRONG

so nobody gets it? What a rat...

As for the comment about Jericho sucking up to Stephanie, there's rumours going around that the writing team was ordered to sabotage Jericho's title reign and make him seem really weak, so he would appear to be a lame duck champion. They hoped this would damage his overness and cease demand for him to be in the world title scene. But now he's more over than ever, so it failed...

Originally posted by 3dman27
i sometimes wish wreslers could be depicted as superheroes myself

Well, there's always "The Hurricane" ;)

yeah he and rosey AND mighty molly can do it i wish vince would let other wrestlers go that route

It's a shame we won't ever see Steve Corino in WWE. Corino has stated that he has no interest in working there, as he is against the fact that scantily-clad women and lame storylines are taken more seriously than actual wrestling now. Also, even if he did become interested, Paul Heyman, also a writer for WWE, hates him, so much so that when ECW closed, Heyman refused to pay Corino any money for his last few months' work.

wouldn't that make mr heyman in breach of contract? or liable for fraud for not paying him?

I'd like to see more hero wrestlers.
Mans that's evil of Paul H :\

I would be a hero wrestler,Hurricanes sidekick..but I doubt they would let a thirteen year old wrestle:(

sorry super-spyke but i think you'd have to be of legal age to work as a pro wrestler 21 at ileast

i was just visiting wwe.com and in their headlines section there was a notice that michael lockwood better known as crash holly in the wwe and mad mikey in nwa- tna has died .my condolences to mr lockwoods family

man that sucks...............
My condolences to the Lockwoods..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"