Wrestling

Status
Not open for further replies.
the funny thing about her nipple being out like that was that she didnt even notice it lol.. it was great

any ideas on how raw roullette will turn out tonight als i understand gail kim's out whit a broken collarbone it must have happened during the match with trish stratus that aired on last nights heat i checked wwe .com again and i was righ the injury DID occur during the stratus-kim match and now she's out for 4 to 6 weeks

i just visited wwe.com and noticiced the headline for raw read "didy2j score?" i thought chris jericho stopped using that nickname in 2000 sice by then the millinium pun was out of date

"La resistance" just got "fired". Serves them right for being foreign.

i though they were on bishoff's side of the austin-bishoff feud whassupwithat?

Originally posted by vegeta21
"La resistance" just got "fired". Serves them right for being foreign.
When did this happen?:p

NO one got fired... it was all a game... but Mankind RULES

I don't remember Jericho ever losing that nickname, it's been on his shirts in recent years and as AMS said his titantron as well.

I didn't really like RAW last night, the matches seemed pretty boring, besides maybe the last match because of Kane and Orton.

Originally posted by Superfreak
NO one got fired... it was all a game... but Mankind RULES

Yeah Foley was just trying to show Bischoff how much of a dukeebag he's been.

i think that ones about wrestling fans this one is about wrestling in general

i was on comingsoon.net reading their wrestling thread and learned that larry booker known profesionally as moondog spot has passed away, my condolenses to his family

Originally posted by 3dman27
i think that ones about wrestling fans this one is about wrestling in general
it started out that way, but i'm sure the regular's there would welcome u guys.

did you read the post on comingsoons wrestling thread about smackdowns nathan jones quitting the wwe after the plane he was on nearly crashed during an asia tour ?if i read that post right he burned out after the incedent and resigned despite several coworkers including the big show tried to convince him to stay.

Originally posted by 3dman27
i was on comingsoon.net reading their wrestling thread and learned that larry booker known profesionally as moondog spot has passed away, my condolenses to his family
That's sad.:(

R.I.P :(

I was surprised to stumble across this:

Ted Dibiase, the "Million Dollar Man", has become a born-again Christian, and has had his own outreach ministry for the past couple of years.. the main forum for it is the "PWA" Power Wrestling Alliance-- lower-budget wrestling cards, (targeting high schools, civic centers, etc.) including some former mainstream stars like greg valentine, sting, and others.. Toward the end of matches, Ted reprises his "MMM" role, and tries to "tempt" the face wrestlers with money & fast-life stuff... but they turn him down, and declare their love for the Lord...

Ted and the wrestlers share their testimonies, and
audience are invited to share their faith and commitment..

http://milliondollarman.com/

Interview with STING

There’s a rumor going around the internet that you will be joining Hulk Hogan’s Universal’s federation (XWF)....

Well, it’s not Hulk Hogan’s Universal federation, first of all. They have been talking to me, yes, but I really don’t know if I am going to commit to anything. I hate to keep saying "never say never" but that’s all I can say.

I am in retirement, and I think I’m going to stay retired; it would take an awful lot to get me out of it, that’s all.

So, you just want to be a father to your children from now on....

Yes, but I can be a father and still wrestle, it’s just that there’s a pace and all that and I’ve done this for 15 years...

Ok, the "blonde haired Sting" or the "Crow" figure, which was your favorite?

You know, each one of them has their place in history, but I think I had more fun with the "Crow" character.

Did you model the character purposely after the Crow?

No (lol), it just ended up like that somehow....

You attend your brother’s church, any chance that you will join him on his pastoral staff?

I don’t feel that God’s calling me into something like that... I do believe that He made me who He made me into - Sting the wrestler - to at least share what He did in my life, and how He saved me, and who Jesus Christ is, and to talk about that... And I have been very outspoken about it.

What about the PWA, are you going to working with Ted any in the future?

Again, I have my doubts. Wrestling is, you know, retired... Let’s just say I’m retired for now....

Not necessarily as a wrestler, say as maybe an evangelist sharing your message, like Nikita does?

Yea, and I don’t know about that either... I feel that God’s calling me in another direction somehow or another.

I think that there can be a message through wrestling somehow, with wrestling characters like the Million Dollar Man and Nikita Koloff and Sting.... It depends on what one’s picture is of wrestling; in other words, I don’t think that I’m going to be going into... oh gee, how do I put this delicately... a situation where you have a few matches and then a message: I think Ted and Nikita called them "illustrated sermons". And I like "illustrated sermons" those can be phenomenal. I saw an incredible one by Joe White at Promise Keepers in California here a week and a half ago, it was phenomenal. So I think they can be incredible but I think the vision and the picture is just a little different, that’s all. I picture something theatrical, I don’t know what it is, and some wrestling to some degree, but not actually like scheduled matches: good guy vs. bad guy and all that. It’s more, well, I don’t want to say anything yet - it’s theatrics, it’s music, it’s lights - it’s all the cool stuff, the high tech cool stuff: the big screens, the incredible sound systems. Something like that, and I have this idea, I have this picture in my head that’s growing as the weeks go by.

Any plans to do more acting?

Well, I would love to, but I’ve been so busy being a husband and a father and Sue and I pursuing real estate that we’ve always loved to do... We are really pursuing real estate right now, we have couple of partners - we’re opening up an office plaza, we’re going to build one out here where I live in a strategic area. Sue and I are looking at homes and land. So we are really into th real estate thing and being parents right now: Steven is playing Pop Warner football and Garrett is starting music lessons again and he wants to play baseball... I tell you what, home schooling a couple days a week - it’s all a lot of time...

Do you do video games - Sony Playstation, etc.?

No... I mean the only thing I ever played like that and had any fun with was Tetris...

You and Rick Flair wrestled the last match as the "real" WCW ended. As you finished that match, you hugged, and spoke to each other. What did you say?

I can’t remember exactly what I said but it was something like "thanks for all the years, man, this is it"...

What did it feel like being the center piece in wrestling, that last match? That had to be a tremendous honor for you two.

You know, it’s a funny thing... I guess, in some way it was an honor, and yet, in another way it was a slap in the face.
Really?
Yea! Because, Vince McMahon came and bought WCW... I guess that he, knowing that Sting and Ric Flair carried the WCW banner for so many years, I guess he would have ticked too many people off not putting us on there one last time. But, you know, we had seven and a half minutes to wrestle, or something like that. It was only to promote the WWF. I don’t know, I think it could have been done different, could have been done better, but, that’s life.

I know for the fans. it was an honor to see you two as the last match. Most couldn’t see it going out any other way.

A lot of people agree with that, so...

What is your feelings on the state of wrestling today? Do you pay any attention to it at all or just let it go on it’s own merry little way?

Yea, I don’t really watch. I don’t watch anymore - I know that the ratings have come down, the WWF ratings have come down. Rock and Stone Cold and all the guys, I guess they’re... wrestling goes in ups and downs and most of the time I don’t think it’s the talent. I mean you can’t point the finger at the Rock, you can’t point the finger at Stone Cold - you can’t point the finger at all these guys... It’s the writing, just like a soap opera. When the writing suffers, then the ratings suffer. Most of the time it’s not the talent - I mean somebody like the Rock who’s just like beyond what any wrestler’s ever become. And their still struggling - I don’t know what’s going on up there. But it’s too raunchy and too... you know I couldn’t even figure out a place to plug myself in.

Let’s get away from wrestling now - how did you come to know Jesus Christ?

Well, I had to, unfortunately, reach my rock bottom. They talk about that deep dark despair, well I got there. After so many years of living a lifestyle on the road, my marriage and my family suffering because of it... I finally got to the point where I needed something supernatural, I needed Divine intervention. I tell people the same thing: I just got to the point where I knew that there wasn’t a drug, there wasn’t any amount of money, there wasn’t a contract, there wasn’t enough toys, there wasn’t a psychologist, there wasn’t anything in the world that could fix me and I knew it. I also knew I wasn’t going to be able to wake up from a bad dream. This was life and I needed something supernatural and I got it!

Now, if a person asked you "Steve, how do I get saved"? What is your word to them?

Just submit yourself, just totally surrender yourself to Jesus Christ. Have faith that He actually lived on this earth that the bible is not just a fairy tale - that it’s real: that there is a Heaven, there is a bad place. And to really think about it - think about where you might go when you die. Just based on the chance that there is a Heaven and a bad place, do you know where you might go? And if there is a chance that Heaven and a bad place really exist then don’t you want to go to Heaven? You definitely don’t want to go to bad place, where your worst nightmare - the scariest moment you ever had in you life, multiply it millions upon millions of times - you just don’t want to be there. That’s kind of a scare tactic I guess, but that’s the way I was convicted. Somebody asked me one day when I was in a hotel "You’re gettin’ on a plane, do you know where you are going to go if you die today?" And I really thought about - I thought, man, if this plane goes down where am I going to go?" I never really honestly thought about it, but ther was something that told me if the plane does go down, there are know second chances. You’ve made your bed, now you’ve got to sleep in it. There’s no getting out of it - talk about a bad dream that you can’t get out of... Yea, I would just say that Jesus lived and He died on the cross for your sins and mine and if you just trust in Him and believe in Him, ask Him into your heart - let Him in, surrender to Him, that He can change, transform your life - He can put reconciliation where there hasn’t been any before, He can put healing in your body where there has never been any before no matter what the doctors say.... I can go on and on about what He can do... Healing relationships, it’s just incredible.

Any general thought on Ted? After all, this is his newsletter (lol).....

Yea, well Ted was with Bill Watts when I first came to Bill Watts and the UWF years ago and he was a huge star - he was like the top guy, the top babyface. Jake the Snake was there and ended up leaving a little bit earlier than Ted, if I remember right, and then Ted left a little while later... He left and became the Million Dollar Man and he was just one of those guys that I said, "I want to make it - I want to make it like those guys did. Jake was off and running and now Ted was off and running, and I wanted to be one of them. And as far as his wrestling, he was a great wrestler. He knew how to work the ring - he was a good ring general. He had good psychology - he was well rounded, most definitely. Incredible on the microphone - great voice. This is his newsletter (lol), but all of this is just the truth. He was excellent at what he did. To this day, when I am with him, he will have people say to him "...I used to just hate you..." and he’ll just laugh, with his deep voice, and if I’m there I’ll say "Well, you know what? That means he was very good at what he did...". And I’ll tell you what, most everybody hated him... He was very good at his trade.

He’s a little different person now though isn’t he?

Yes. As far as a person? Ted was one of those seeds that was planted around me. And it was fruitful, it started to grow. Ted, to this day, will call from time to time, on the voice mail, and just say "Hey Steve, Ted..." and he’ll be in some city somewhere getting ready to go to some school to talk to some kids. He’ll just say "Man, I was thinkin’ about ya and just wanted to let you know that I love ya and I’m prayin’ for you and your family... keep on goin’". It’s always something

anone want to comment on armegeddon?

I liked the PPV although, I was surprised at the ending.

i visited wwe a minute ago and read that rosey and his wife have just welcomed their second child, a daughter congrats big fella

Why did Mankind walk out on Monday crying?

Did he get whipped by Orton?

Or did something 'emotional' happen?

PS. The Handicap Tag Team match... Evolution (minus Orton) vs. Van Damme and Sean Micheals. That was wicked. An awesome match for non-paperview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"