Sequels Write a scene for the Avengers sequel

Gamingboy

Civilian
Reaction score
It's one of the great traditions of SHH! Write a scene for Avengers 2! Yeah, we know nothing about it (after all, even [BLACKOUT]Thanos isn't a given, since for all we know he could be held back until a third film or something[/BLACKOUT]), but that's part of the fun:

So, how about we get this going:

EXT- STARK TOWER STEPS - DAY

TONY STARK stands at a podium in a nice fancy suit in front of a large crowd of reporters and fans. We enter midspeech:

TONY STARK
...Now, as you all know, a few years ago, there came a day, a day unlike any other. Where Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born...Since then, we've gone our separate ways, fought our own battles, occasionally got together for some Shawarma... but now, I'm proud to announce that the Avengers will return, protecting our great city, great country and great world straight from the Stark Tower, which, as of today, will be renamed Avengers Tower!

The crowd bursts out into cheers. Everybody going crazy, except, uh, some reporters.

REPORTER NUMBER ONE
Who will be on the team?

REPORTER NUMBER TWO
Where is Thor?

REPORTER THREE
Will Captain America lead the team?

REPORTER FOUR
Is it being organized by SHIELD?

TONY, realizing now's the time to leave, does so, PEPPER POTTS takes over the conference and begins to tell everyone that more will be announced as time goes forward.

Cut to: Interior- Stark Avengers Tower

TONY
JARVIS, where were the others? Did they not get my invitation?

JARVIS

I am sure that Mister Rogers, Mister Banner, Mister Odinson and Agents Barton and Romanov are busy, sir.

TONY

Oh, what could be more important then our little club of Superheroes?

CUT TO:

INTERIOR- HYDRA BASE

CAPTAIN AMERICA is beating up on modern-day HYDRA soldiers.

CUT TO:

EXTERIOR- SVARTELFHEIM- NIGHT

THOR is fighting the Dark Elves of MALEKITH.

CUT TO:

INTERIOR- SHIELD SHOOTING RANGE

HAWKEYE is doing some archery practice.

CUT TO:

EXTERIOR- OFF THE COAST OF SOMALIA

The BLACK WIDOW jumps off an exploding modern-day pirate ship.

CUT TO:

EXTERIOR- I-87 OUTSIDE OF NEW YORK CITY- DAY

BRUCE BANNER's car is stuck in traffic.

BRUCE BANNER

Should've just let the other guy get me there...

I want to hear Stark call...

...Thanos "Barney"

It's one of the great traditions of SHH! Write a scene for Avengers 2! Yeah, we know nothing about it (after all, even [BLACKOUT]Thanos isn't a given, since for all we know he could be held back until a third film or something[/BLACKOUT]), but that's part of the fun:

So, how about we get this going:

EXT- STARK TOWER STEPS - DAY

TONY STARK stands at a podium in a nice fancy suit in front of a large crowd of reporters and fans. We enter midspeech:

TONY STARK
...Now, as you all know, a few years ago, there came a day, a day unlike any other. Where Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born...Since then, we've gone our separate ways, fought our own battles, occasionally got together for some Shawarma... but now, I'm proud to announce that the Avengers will return, protecting our great city, great country and great world straight from the Stark Tower, which, as of today, will be renamed Avengers Tower!

The crowd bursts out into cheers. Everybody going crazy, except, uh, some reporters.

REPORTER NUMBER ONE
Who will be on the team?

REPORTER NUMBER TWO
Where is Thor?

REPORTER THREE
Will Captain America lead the team?

REPORTER FOUR
Is it being organized by SHIELD?

TONY, realizing now's the time to leave, does so, PEPPER POTTS takes over the conference and begins to tell everyone that more will be announced as time goes forward.

Cut to: Interior- Stark Avengers Tower

TONY
JARVIS, where were the others? Did they not get my invitation?

JARVIS
I am sure that Mister Rogers, Mister Banner, Mister Odinson and Agents Barton and Romanov are busy, sir.

TONY
Oh, what could be more important then our little club of Superheroes?

CUT TO:
INTERIOR- HYDRA BASE

CAPTAIN AMERICA is beating up on modern-day HYDRA soldiers.

CUT TO:
EXTERIOR- SVARTELFHEIM- NIGHT

THOR is fighting the Dark Elves of MALEKITH.

CUT TO:
INTERIOR- SHIELD SHOOTING RANGE

HAWKEYE is doing some archery practice.

CUT TO:
EXTERIOR- OFF THE COAST OF SOMALIA

The BLACK WIDOW jumps off an exploding modern-day pirate ship.

CUT TO:
EXTERIOR- I-87 OUTSIDE OF NEW YORK CITY- DAY

BRUCE BANNER's car is stuck in traffic.

BRUCE BANNER
Should've just let the other guy get me there...

I'd love this scene, even if only for the Banner part. :woot:

For the villain I am going with Ultron.

Cut to Tony working in stark tower. (Unaware that Ultron has gone mad)

Jarvis:
Sir, it appears we have a virus trying to penetrate our systems.

Tony:
Won’t be the first time Jarvis, fight it off.

Jarvis:
Sir, something is different about this system. I can not access the mainframe.

Tony:
Cut power. Reboot, and fight the attacker as they try to re-enter the system.

Jarvis:
Cutting power….

Tony:
Reboot and reinstate the system….
Jarvis?
You can’t relay on super advance artificial intelligence systems anymore, you got to do everything yourself.

Tony reaches for computer, then suddenly:

Jarvis:
Power’s back up and running. It appears the threat has been neutralized.

Tony:
See, nothing more than another hacker trying to create a name for themselves.

Jarvis:
Sir, it appears we have unauthorized armor ignition on the 92nd floor.

Tony stops works and gets to the nearest computer.

Jarvis:
Sir, another twelve ignitions have been engaged.

Tony:
No, no, no.
Jarvis, elevator 92nd floor now!

Jarvis? Looks around as all the power in Stark/ Avengers tower cuts off. Tony stands in darkness, his chest piece dimly illuminating the room. The tower remains in the dark for a few seconds. Then some monitors turn on. All you see is red eyes and mouth. (Ultron)

Tony:
Ultron? What the hell?

The camera zooms out to show the tower still in the dark, the rest of New York remains illuminated. The camera gets close and you begin to see multiple Iron Man armor fly out of Stark/ Avengers tower shattering glass and shooting repulsors. They then attack NY.

Tony stands by the window, looking at this technology destroying the city. Police sirens firing off at the distance, people screaming, NY is in chaos. Children crying, "Why is IM attacking us”. Parent, “because he’s no hero.”

That’s just a piece, I think having Ultron in the second could have something like this happening with him hacking into Stark tower and controlling Tony’s armors.

INT. AVENGERS TOWER LABORATORY. THOR AND TONY ARE INSIDE.

Tony approaches Mjolnir on the table and tries to pick it up. Unsuccessfully, of course. He tries and tries again, but is unable to so much as budge it.

TONY
Those must be some arm muscles you got there, Blondie. The hell’s this thing made of?​

Thor chuckles and lifts the hammer with one hand.

THOR
It is Mjolnir, forged in the heart of a dying star and bestowed onto me by my father. You are...unworthy to lift it.

TONY
Pfft. Rude.

Thor laughs again and claps Tony heartily on the shoulder.

THOR
Not my rules, my friend.​

------------------
[Several scenes later, same room]
------------------

Steve looks at Mjolnir.

STEVE
This is yours, isn’t it?

THOR
Indeed.

STEVE
May I have a look?​

Tony can see where this is going. He grins.

TONY
Yeah, go ahead, an—​

Steve turns to the hammer and much to Thor and Tony’s utter astonishment, picks it up with ease. He looks at it for a few moments, turning it over and over before nonchalantly placing it back on the table. They stare at him in stunned silence. He smiles politely.

STEVE
Huh. Interesting.​

It takes him a moment to notice that Thor and Stark’s jaws are practically on the ground.

STEVE [confused]
…What?​

Thor opens his mouth to reply, but Tony shushes him.

TONY
Nothing.​

A low-level S.H.I.E.L.D. agent enters the room.

AGENT
Captain Rogers, phone call for you.

STEVE
Oh, thanks.​

They leave. Tony and Thor look at each other in disbelief.

Please don't let anyone but Thor use Mjolnir. Even comic-book canon, even if Steve or anyone else is "worthy," I'd hate like hell to see anyone but Thor use the hammer. Or anyone but Cap use the shield.

They're trademarks, and unique to their respective characters. Letting other people be worthy of using them cheapens it.

Please don't let anyone but Thor use Mjolnir. Even comic-book canon, even if Steve or anyone else is "worthy," I'd hate like hell to see anyone but Thor use the hammer. Or anyone but Cap use the shield.

They're trademarks, and unique to their respective characters. Letting other people be worthy of using them cheapens it.

This.

But it seems it's every cap fanboy's fantasy. He simply isn't good enough if he doesn't lift Mjolnir.

It'd be a nice, small moment for him. Cap doesn't need to fully use Mjolnir in battle or whatever.

Nor does he needs to lift it.:word:
Also, marvel's current view on the subject is that guys like him and Eric Masterson only lifted under very specific conditions.

Reading that Ultron scene reminds me of why that storyline should never be attempted in the MCU. Specially with Terminator 5 just around the corner. It would be completely unoriginal to the eyes of the GA. "Dude, why didn't anyone tell me SKYNET was a Marvel Supervillain???"

Iron Man in the Avengers film technically used Captain's shield during the fight at the end.

So you are too late! :oldrazz:

Iron Man in the Avengers film technically used Captain's shield during the fight at the end.

So you are too late! :oldrazz:

:huh: What do you mean.....the "Marvel Ultimate Alliance fusion attack" where he ricocheted a repulsor blast off the shield...? That's not what I'm talking about....I'm talking about physically wielding the shield and tossing it with the same skill as Cap.

Yeah, now that I think about it (as opposed to my gut reaction earlier), the only time Thor's hammer should be used by anyone not-Thor, it needs to be done in a super-epic do-or-die moment, not some one-shot gag. Like, it reminds me of the final battle in the JLA/Avengers crossover: Superman is able to yield Mjolnir only briefly because it's a do-or-die situation and if not both universes would be doomed (Thor mentions that Odin's enchantment is suspended during times when the universe is at stake). Of course, they if they end up facing Thanos...

Anyway, here's a little scene I whipped up that introduces the Maximoff twins, keeping in mind how Feige said they can't use any X-men background, as well as showing how SHIELD might interact with a "independent" Avengers based out of Stark Tower, as was hinted at at the end of the movie:
---

INT- HELICARRIER HANGER- DAY
NICK FURY, MARIA HILL, HAWKEYE and the BLACK WIDOW meet CAPTAIN AMERICA, IRON MAN, HENRY PYM and JANET VAN DYNE as they leave a QUINJET. Fury, Hill, Barton and Romanov exchange glances. Janet looks around, awestruck by the setting: it's her first time on the Helicarrier. As the Avengers near the SHIELD agents, Cap extends his hand to Fury, who shakes it.

CAP
Director...

FURY
Captain... (turning towards Tony) Stark... I see that you've already found two recruits.

STARK
Well, Dr. Pym says he's had some experience with SHIELD.

HILL (who I think will take over for Coulson and make cameos)
He has.

JANET turns to HANK and, somewhat annoyed, says.

JANET
Hank, you never told me you met with SHIELD...

HANK
Technically, I worked for them...

STARK, HANK, HILL, AND JANET enter off to their own little conversation while BARTON and ROMANOV enter one with Captain America.

BARTON notices who is missing from the group Stark and Rogers brought, and mentions it.

BARTON
Where are the Big Guys?

CAP
Checking out that disturbance in Colorado you told us about. Meeting a friend of Stark's... Rhodey?

BARTON
I didn't know we'd told you anything.

WIDOW interjects.

NATASHA
Neither did I, Hawkeye. (extends hand) Good to see you again, Captain. Nice job with HYDRA, Agent 13 told me about it.

CAP
Nice to see you, too, Agent Romanov.

Back to the other conversation:

STARK
If you think we're just going to go follow your orders again, Director, you have another thing coming. The Avengers are now a non-profit organization supported by Stark Industries...

FURY (laughing)
Funny. It's almost as if you think you are in charge, Mr. Stark.

STARK
I am financing the whole thing, aren't I?

JANET
Cap is in charge.

HANK
Cap is in charge.

TONY makes a face that indicates that, while that is true, he still isn't 100% happy with that and definitely isn't happy with hearing even the newcomers say it out loud.

FURY
Captain Rogers should be in charge. And you Mr. Stark, can fund the Avengers however you want. However, you aren't operating unless people like myself and Agent Hill are keeping the bureaucrats off your back. And, if you want access to my agents as well... I suggest you listen to what we have to suggest.

CAP (off screen)
What do you have to suggest, director?

Everyone is suddenly silent. Cap had obviously been listening in to the other conversation as well, having known long ago that it's helpful to hear what command is saying if they are saying it in the open. Cap, Widow and Hawkeye come over to join the rest of the group.

Fury
Two new possible members for the Avengers. Wanda and Pietro Maximoff...

Cap
Where are they?

QUICKSILVER (o.c.)
Right behind you.

The camera pans behind Cap to reveal PIETRO MAXIMOFF, AKA Quicksilver. He disappears suddenly in a blur of motion and reappears in front of Cap.

QUICKSILVER
And in front of you.

QUICKSILVER speeds away again, and moves next to Stark.

QUICKSILVER
And next to Mr. Iron Man.

SCARLET WITCH (o.c.)
Oh, Pietro, stop acting like a child.

Cut to Wanda Maximoff, AKA SCARLET WITCH walking up to the group.

JANET (to Widow)
Well, least the number of women on the team is going to better, always thought it was weird when I saw the news reports that it was only you. Little less testosterone...

The BLACK WIDOW gives a small smile.

CAP
Ms. Maximoff... your brother obviously has some sort of enhanced speed. What do you do?

WANDA
Magic.

TONY claps his hands and gives a nervous chuckle.

STARK
Okay, heh. Now, I can take the whole Norse-Gods-From-Outer-Space thing, and the whole cosmic gate tesseract thing... and even the super-rings that the Mandarin had... but outright magic... no. Just no.

MARIA HILL
Technically, Mr. Stark, Ms. Maximoff has the ability to alter the probabilities of things happening. Not technically magic.

HANK
You say that like there are things that are technically magic.

FURY smiles.

CAP
Well, it sounds useful, especially if someone like Loki shows up again. We'll be glad to have you.

FURY
I'm afraid that type of foe might be coming, Captain. Nevada is only the start.

BARTON
(Aside) I hate it when somebody says that.

FURY
Follow me to the bridge, I'll show you.

The group begins to walk. Tony turns to Pietro.

STARK
So, how'd you get your powers? Drink a serum of quicksilver? Have mongoose blood? I hear the mongoose is very fast for it's size...

QUICKSILVER
I'm not telling you.

STARK
C'mon... okay, fine. I built my first suit in a cave from a pile of scraps with the help of a nice guy named Yinsen...

MARIA HILL turns around and raises her voice:

MARIA HILL
The source of Mr and Miss Maximoff's abilities are classified to SHIELD Level 10F.

CAP
What's level 10F?

FURY
Me. And Agent Hill, if I so choose to share it with her.

Silence for a second.

STARK
Although seriously, you ever see a mongoose move? Look it up on youtube one of these...

PIETRO, obviously annoyed, speeds ahead.

STARK
...times.

Last edited:
I want to see a scene where Captain America is training Hawkeye in hand to hand combat. They spar, Cap teaches some moves or how to anticipate a move or something, and then Hawkeye repeats that move. Cap says something like "Better." They are interrupted by Stark or something and Cap tells Hawkeye (or Hawkeye tells Cap) "Same time in two days right?" To show that Cap is training Hawkeye to fight, like in the comics.
avengers_hawkeye_captamerica2.JPG

I want Rick Jones, as a SHIELD agent, hanging around Stark's Mansion or the Stark Tower ([BLACKOUT]which becomes Avengers tower[/BLACKOUT]) and always in squables with Jarvis the AI butler. So Jarvis makes some comment about Agent Rick Jones eating all of Mr. Stark's food, and Jones replies with some snarky comment. They have this fun back and forth in their scenes together and its even funnier because a SHIELD Agent, Rick Jones, is arguing with a computer program.
406px-RickJones2.jpg

I want the movie to show that the Avengers have made their home in Stark's Tower, they stay there and live there in rooms set up for them. They hold meetings, train there, eat there, etc. So I want Stark Tower to be the place where some scenes happen like Avengers having a meeting to talk about their game plan (like in the movie where they do this in SHIELD's helecarrier). Or Cap is training Hawkeye in hand to hand combat there. Or Agent Rick Jones is eating all of Stark's food in the kitchen in the tower. The each have their own rooms, so Cap is sleeping in his room in Stark's Tower. Etc.
AVENGERS-Trailer-2-Stark-Tower.jpg

Former SHIELD scientist, turned spy, Dr. Hank Pym and his assistant Janet Van Dyne join the team as Ant Man/Giant Man and Wasp. Wasp uses the "Stingers" that Black Widow had in the 1st movie, invented by Pym. Maybe Pym is the scientist brought in to create weapons when Stark stopped.

Last edited:
By the way, if you know what I'm referencing with the mongoose, give yourself a pat on the back.

...Whizzer?

Ding.

Another scene I'd want to see (although I'm not going to write one): The Avengers are in the middle of a grand battle, when Captain America see the enemy's possible weakpoint. However, he can't get to it alone, and the team is scattered in the fight. So Cap gets their attention with a loud cry of "AVENGERS... ASSEMBLE!"

HELICARRIER HANGER- DAY

NICK FURY, MARIA HILL

MARIA HILL: A registration act? Why?

Nick Fury: Because we have to chase them.

MARIA HILL: but they didn't do anything wrong.

Nick Fury: Because they are the heroes the world deserves, but not the ones it needs right now. So we'll hunt them. Because they can take it. Because they are not our heroes. They are silent guardians, they are watchful protectos. The AVENGERS.

MARIA HILL: No more TDK for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"