Writer's Workshop - Write Your Own Scenes

Lily Adler

#forthecontent! 📹 (she/her)
Staff member
Reaction score
INT. - WATCHTOWER - NOON

An apprehensive Barry is struck by the Amazonian princess in her gallant visage as he tries to strike up the conversation. He walks up to her to speak...

BARRY
So... Diana, right?

DIANA
Yes.

BARRY
You're an Amazon?

DIANA
Yes, my people have lived on Earth in secret for several centuries―

BARRY
―I thought you guys were... Um, Unitarian...

DIANA
How so?

BARRY
Ya know... in body shape...

DIANA
(angrily)
Oh you mean the cruel torture when Ares and Herakles enslaved my ancestors and as punishment severed one of their breasts for anyone who did not enjoy being under their thumb?!​

Barry startled by this outburst tries to think of something to say.

BARRY
(sheepishly)
Uh, yes... Sorry for bothering you... I think you're gorgeous!​

With that remark Barry quickly dashes away back to a waiting Hal with a cheeky grin further down.

HAL
Smooooth...

BARRY
(flustered)
Shut up.​

Last edited:
Lib love you gurrl but your first mistake is "Hal". What is a "Hal" in this Justice League movie?

Shh! Rorshach is going to hear you guys. :oldrazz:

I guess we're all pulling a Stuckmann for the remainding of time before JL's release...

sign me up

I've been doing this before some YouTube star made it popular. :p

INT. GOTHAM POLICEMAN'S BALL - NIGHT

The beautiful ballroom was filled extravagant gowns and men in tuxes. Food was served on literal silver platters and the sheen from the overhanging chandelier gave the room a god-like glistening as if it were made of gold. All eyes peered toward the entrance as each couple entered the room, particularly the one that featured a certain playboy billionaire.

BRUCE
Thank you for coming on such short notice...

DIANA
It's no problem. So why did you come here? I thought Mr. Wayne was a recluse when 'off duty'.

BRUCE
The Commissioner and I go way back and have some important matters to discuss. All hush-hush, secret stuff. You understand.

DIANA
(nods)
So I'm here as your arm candy?

BRUCE
In short, yes. But I thought you would be enthralled to be in the arms of Gotham's most eligible bachelor.

DIANA
(sarcastically)
I'm so tempted.
(moves closer to his ear)
It will take the will of Athena herself to just keep my hands off of you.
(moves away)
Drink?​

Diana saunters away looking over her shoulder towards a befuddled Bruce.

Last edited:
He is a higher caliber of Jeremy Jahns or Doug Walker. :p

As Diana fetches the drinks, Bruce spots a familiar silhouette beyond the curtain covered French doors to the balcony slightly lit by the smoldering glow of an evening cigarette. He opens the doors to see COMMISSIONER JAMES GORDON.

BRUCE
You know that's a filthy habit.

GORDON
Well you only live once. Rather die with one vice under my belt than live a fantasy of what ifs...

BRUCE
(sarcastically)
How poignant.

GORDON
(annoyed)
What do you want Mr. Wayne?

BRUCE
No need for hostilities, Commissioner. I just wanted to see how things were going.

GORDON
She's getting used to the chair. Hasn't really occurred to her, ya know?​

Bruce raises an eyebrow.

GORDON
That she won't walk again...

BRUCE
(solemnly)
I'm sorry.

GORDON
(taking one last drag before flicking away the bud)
It's okay. You're not the one who let a mad man go on a rampage for twenty some odd years in this god forsaken city.​

Bruce winces at the remark.

GORDON
(raises eyebrow)
Something troubling you, Mr. Wayne?

BRUCE
No just remembered my date is waiting for me. Here.
(hands over business card)
Call me sometimes if you ever need some help...

GORDON
(reluctantly takes his card)
Thanks, Mr. Wayne―

BRUCE
―Bruce.

GORDON
Bruce.

BRUCE
I'll talk to you later, Comm―

GODON
Jim.

BRUCE
Jim.
An awkward silence envelopes the atmosphere as Bruce leaves the balcony back to the party. As he places his hand on the door handles, he hears shrieks of terror and a cold, commanding voice.

I like this Gordon scene, but I don't think Gordon would blame Batman, at least not singularly, for Joker's rampage. He's such a by-the-books kinda guy. Seems more like a failure he'd own professionally.

So do we want Gordon to know Bruce is Bats?

Why is Barbara just getting used to never walking again? That should've happened a while ago imo.

And, yeah, Gordon wouldn't blame Batman for Barbara's paralysis. He'd blame himself.

I like this Gordon scene, but I don't think Gordon would blame Batman, at least not singularly, for Joker's rampage. He's such a by-the-books kinda guy. Seems more like a failure he'd own professionally.
I was actually trying to keep it ambiguous, so it could be interpreted that Gordon was blaming himself or blaming Batman and the "mad man" he was referring to could have been Batman or the Joker.
So do we want Gordon to know Bruce is Bats?
I don't know. I think he COULD know, but would probably pretend he didn't.
Why is Barbara just getting used to never walking again? That should've happened a while ago imo.

And, yeah, Gordon wouldn't blame Batman for Barbara's paralysis. He'd blame himself.

I totally spaced on the timeframe for the events. So thanks. :)

Thank you guys for the feedback. :)

INT. Batcave
A frustrated Bruce sits beside his numerous computer screens.
Alfred walks in with a variety of tools. He notices Bruce, then the screen.

ALFRED
You always knew tracking them down would be easy, getting them on your side is going to be the tricky part.
BRUCE
Are you gonna offer any decent advice?
ALFRED
Only what I've been saying since you've started this.
BRUCE
So, no?
ALFRED
I'll be downstairs, Master Wayne.

He begins to leave.

Bruce
I really need you with me on this Alfred.

He pauses for moment before turning back around.

ALFRED
A few months ago you left this cave to fight a god. That night I believed you may never come back and now you are asking me to help you fight with them? I'm sorry, sir. No. I can't stop you, Lord knows I've tried and if I can't do that then I certainly won't help.
BRUCE
If I knew another way I would.
ALFRED
Why does it HAVE to be you?
BRUCE
It's not me.

Bruce gestures to the screens with the various members of the Justice League on.

BRUCE (CONT'D)
This will not be done in my name. This is all that remains of Superman, his sacrifice. This is his team but he can't put it together. I can. We can.
ALFRED
We don't belong with these people. After he died you told me you believed he changed you and for a short while I did too but this crusade has gone on longer than I can bear.

They both stay quiet for a moment.

ALFRED
This used to be easy, Master Bruce. But along the line it's changed and you are not fighting in a lone alley in Gotham anymore.

A woman shrieks in terror as a man freezes her hand to her glass of cabernet. Her husband quickly rises from his chair to confront the perpetrator only to hear the assailant's cold and icy voice.

MAN
I would sit down, if I were you. Or you shall face the same fate as your beloved's fair hand.​

The man looks at the man's covered eyes. He could see his own fear strickened reflection with a tinge of scarlet, almost like blood. Suddenly a roar of fire engulfs the center of the room. A man in a grey suit with insectoid features starts to speak to the frightened crowd.

MAN 2
Okay everyone get down before we set the building ablaze! I want you all to hand over your wallets, jewelry, and anything else of value into this bag.
(holds out large burlap bag)​

Bruce and Gordon peek into the room from the balcony and recognize the assailants as FIREFLY and MR. FREEZE. Diana quickly sneaks away as the other guests start to hand over their personal belongings to the two villains.

MR. FREEZE
How coincidental that Gotham's elite would congregate in one room? Their money, their greed ripe for the taking.​

A gentleman, presumably a detective speaks up.

DETECTIVE
You idiot this is a charity event. We're not all rich here. If anything, you're stealing from Gotham's working joes.​

Freeze appears unmoved by the man's remarks before aiming his way. He fires and freezes the man in his place.

MR. FREEZE
(talking to the frozen man)
Perhaps, but your charity will be going to more important matters than Gotham's aging police force... Matters far more important.

FIREFLY
Freeze! Quit fooling around and get the loot before he arrives!​

Bruce takes this as his cue to leave and runs from a worried Commissioner who radios for back up.

GORDON
(quietly)
This is Commissioner Gordon I need back up at the Policeman's Ball held at 2213 Westminster St...​

Firefly gathers the last purse from a rather large, older woman as she looks on in pure terror. He quickly turns to his partner...

FIREFLY
That's the last of them. Now let's go!

MR. FREEZE
Patience is a virtue...

FIRELY
Patience for what?

MR. FREEZE
For our guest of honor, of course.​

The lights begin to flicker and an ominous creaking noise is heard above. Then silence. Suddenly a large, demonic figure crashes through the skylight, landing near Firefly, revealing BATMAN.

Last edited:
You're messing with my feelings. I want Freeze in DCEU so bad...

I guess we're all pulling a Stuckmann for the remainding of time before JL's release...

sign me up

We're doing a Stuckmann? So we're all going to be up ourselves and think we actually matter?

Batman suddenly lunges at Firefly, grabbing the villain and throwing him across the room into one of the many columns that decorated its outer edges. He then turns his sights to Freeze.

MR. FREEZE
(smirks)
Batman, right on time. Sorry to ruin your entrance, but even the shadows cannot hide your thermal readings.​

Batman quickly zigzags towards Freeze, but the doctor prepares for this by throwing a sphere towards his enemy's direction. The sphere starts beeping and then a large explosion of an icy fog fills the area, freezing the floor in the process. Batman loses his footing, but not before throwing a Batarang at Freeze.

MR. FREEZE
Your adept athletic abilites seem no match to a simple lack of friction. Even the great Bat of Gotham is prone to weaknesses we mere mortals abide to―​

Freeze narrowly dodges the object with relative ease and scoffs at Batman's feeble attempt to harm him.

MR. FREEZE
Is that truly the best of your vast arsenal?​

Unbeknownst to Freeze the Batarang has attached a transmitter to his suit. Batman then calls for his back up.

BATMAN
Alfred I need a full scan of Freeze's suit.

ALFRED
Enjoying the ball I see, Master Wayne. Miss Prince's idea of a good time seems vastly different from my day...

BATMAN
Alfred!

ALFRED
I see sarcasm has changed as well. Scanning is in progress.​

Freeze then fires several shots from his freeze ray towards Batman which he is able to dodge, but one freezing his foot in place.

MR. FREEZE
My, my, my. It appears I have caught a little, Bat.

BATMAN
You don't wanna do this, Victor!

MR. FREEZE
But I must Batman. She'll die if I don't. I need money for my research and I won't let you or the police stop me.

BATMAN
What would Nora say?
Freeze pauses at the mention of his wife, but quickly recollects himself.

MR. FREEZE
She will be grateful enough that I cared... unlike the others in this proverbial cesspool.​

Freeze aims his gun, but hears familiar sirens in the distance.

POLICEMAN
This is the GCPD! Victor Fries, Garfield Lynns come out with your hands up!

MR. FREEZE
It appears your saviors have arrived.​

Firefly quickly tries to recover from Batman's attack. Now with a limp, he activates his wings and hurries to Freeze.

FIREFLY
We need to get going now.

MR. FREEZE
Not until we finished one little problem...
(looks to Firefly)
I'll let you have the honors.
(gesturing his arm towards Batman)​

Firefly quickly aims his flamethrower at Batman.

FIREFLY
My pleasure.​

Batman redies his cape for the oncoming flames.

FIREFLY
(his finger on the trigger)
This is for my leg, you son of a–​

He fires his flames and a giant fireball engulfs where The Dark Knight once stood trapped. Suddenly the flame exstiguishes to reveal a familiar Greco shield.

WONDER WOMAN
How come it seems I'm always the one to save you?

BATMAN
I didn't need your help.​

THE BATCAVE

Batman and Superman stand close together.

BATMAN:
I've never felt this way about another man before...

SUPERMAN:
Me neither...​

The faces move closer, their hears racing. Batman moves to touch Superman's arm.

SUPERMAN:
Just do what you're body tells you Bruce.​

Their lips move closer, closer, they're about to kiss.

Alfred opens the door.

ALFRED:
Master Bruce, Clark, I have Commissioner Gordon on the line!​

Flash approaches Aquaman.
FLASH:
So you're the King of Atlantis right?

AQUAMAN:
Yes I am.

FLASH:
Cool! Can you talk to fish and stuff?​

Aquaman looks to Flash and raises his eyebrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"