The Dark Knight WTF happen to the huge October News???!!!

NOFX said:
If Jett says theres Big news on November, Im going to say "BOB KANE COULD HAVE PREIDICTED AND HE'S ****ING DEAD!!!"
:D... Kane might be the one making the prediction but it was Finger that gave him the idea :cwink:... and they're both ****ING DEAD!!!"

The news arrives when it arrives..personally i couldn't care less what BOF say..i await official words.. not rumors from some people we don't know.

but thats just me.

ROBOCOP CPU001 said:
The news arrives when it arrives..personally i couldn't care less what BOF say..i await official words.. not rumors from some people we don't know.

but thats just me.

I adopted that philosophy once "imminent" came and went.

So what it didn't happen. It's not like Jett is the one making The Dark Knight and running the marketing. Will you bite the hand that feeds you?

Clerk said:
So what it didn't happen. It's not like Jett is the one making The Dark Knight and running the marketing. Will you bite the hand that feeds you?

If it's feeding me bull****, you're damn right I will.

I think we seriously should expect news very soon though. The Prestige is done and out, so now Nolan's got nothing but The Dark Knight to work on. Nolan strikes me as the kind of guy who wouldn't have his mind on other projects when he's working on something else. Now that he's done with The Prestige, i'm sure he's just about done with the script. Once that happens, casting should follow shortly.

But as for BOF, i used to defend them a lot, but this is even upsetting me. All this "news is imminent" "big news in september" crap has just made me lose faith in BOF. All it was was a cheap trick to get more hits, and it worked. I checked BOF every single day eagerly anticipating the casting of Harvey Dent to be announced. When nothing happened for a couple weeks, i just stopped caring. It'll happen soon I hope, but i'm not getting my hopes up again.

Katsuro said:
I think we seriously should expect news very soon though. The Prestige is done and out, so now Nolan's got nothing but The Dark Knight to work on. Nolan strikes me as the kind of guy who wouldn't have his mind on other projects when he's working on something else. Now that he's done with The Prestige, i'm sure he's just about done with the script. Once that happens, casting should follow shortly.

But as for BOF, i used to defend them a lot, but this is even upsetting me. All this "news is imminent" "big news in september" crap has just made me lose faith in BOF. All it was was a cheap trick to get more hits, and it worked. I checked BOF every single day eagerly anticipating the casting of Harvey Dent to be announced. When nothing happened for a couple weeks, i just stopped caring. It'll happen soon I hope, but i'm not getting my hopes up again.
Well said.:csad:

$G-mOnEy$ said:
If it's feeding me bull****, you're damn right I will.

Well hey, you're welcome to start your own Dark Knight website and devote the next 8 years to securing spies and feeding us Batman tidbits. :p Jett was wrong, it happens, yeah he hasn't been as "hot" as he was in the past (Latino Review seems to be the ones with their **** together), but I'm not going to go out and ***** as if I feel like Jett owes me something.*

*My two cents, because I know the frustration.... I was up all night watching the Batman Begins website in April of 04.

BTW Can anyone find me the story where he said that there would DEFINITELY be news last month? Because I'm 99% sure he uses words such as "probably" or "be on the look out" or "I wouldnt be suprised."

Katsuro said:

If you don't want to be disappointed then don't check BOF anymore......I just go straight here or Latino. Usually if BOF has some "news" then someone hear posts it anyhow.

Clerk said:
BTW Can anyone find me the story where he said that there would DEFINITELY be news last month? Because I'm 99% sure he uses words such as "probably" or "be on the look out" or "I wouldnt be suprised."

Author: Jett
Friday, October 6, 2006 - 12:54 PM, 6:15 PM: I… feel secure in telling you that an announcement is imminent.

Wednesday, October 4, 2006 - 8:10 PM: I expect an official announcement regarding Dent shortly as several sources have indicated just that to BOF.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 9:24 AM: I have been informed ... that some official THE DARK KNIGHT news will be coming… within the next few weeks.​

There is no sense of improbability in these statements. They can only be taken as clearly expectant declarations of events likely to occur at any moment.

Dang........a website was wrong. Never heard of that happening...........:rolleyes:

BatScot said:
Friday, October 6, 2006 - 12:54 PM, 6:15 PM: I… feel secure in telling you that an announcement is imminent.

Wednesday, October 4, 2006 - 8:10 PM: I expect an official announcement regarding Dent shortly as several sources have indicated just that to BOF.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 9:24 AM: I have been informed ... that some official THE DARK KNIGHT news will be coming… within the next few weeks.​

There is no sense of improbability in these statements. They can only be taken as clearly expectant declarations of events likely to occur at any moment.

Haha Pwned.:woot::up:

Let the some of you, I've stood behind BOF. But as of late, I don't know anymore.

And honestly, I don't take Jett seriously anymore. It's sad, and I've been very fair to them. As of right now, Im dissapointed in the way they handle the news, espically when Jett would state that something will happen, and nothng happens when it hits.

Latino Review gets more scoops than BOF. In fact, I think that Latino Review is probably one of the most underrated sites out there still, despite revealing Bale as Bruce/Batman in BB, Routh as Superman, the first review of BB, etc.

Maybe the Bat-news came and went' - Avi

:oldrazz: :woot:

I dont hate BOF and Jett but all his Joker candidates were wrong and we
ended up with Heath Ledger.

I rely now on other entertainment news than BOF especially Clint at moviehole. I never expected BOF to be the first to provide us with TDK
intel. anyway.

as much as i love Jett, every candidate that they had were wrong. And Jett even interviewed Lachey Hulmes (spelling), and he said that he just met up with the producers of the movie...very briefly. And nothing happened. It made Jett look like (not so much as a fool) but as an embarressed fan who got his facts wrong. And it does happen. But when you're interviewing a guy in WHO YOU THINK was in serious competition for a role, and that was never the case.

Jett was only the guy who confirmed the whole Penguin thing. NOw that will be the rest testiment to his site. Even though Nolan has denied the existance of Penguin ( or was it just Hoffman) in DK, anything might happen.

So i'm keeping an open mind about Penguin, since Jett has been so certain that he's in. But if that's not the case, I will lose even more faith in Mr. Jett.

I like the guy, but I think he's overdoing the rumors quite a bit. And I think that maybe 50 percent of his sources are frauds.

i thought they wre suppose to make more casting news public

Okay guys i just got of the phone from jett hehad this to say....

Jett-Tis' true i have some huge scoops from my insiders at Columbia/Tri
Star

Me-You mean Warners right?

Jett-whatever

Me-what are your scoops?

Jett-Firstly big news the joker will be played my an australian.

Me-Yeah we know, Heath friggin ledger.

Jett- NO......Kylie Minogue

Me-Kylie Minogue?

Jett- yes Kylie, plus Harvey Dent will be played by Matthew Perry, there replacing Christian Bale with Gary Coleman.

Me- Are you sure, should i take this with 'a pinch of salt' or maybe a truckload?

Jett-NO-Tis Totally true my scoopers told me at Universal.

Me-WARNERS DAMMIT.

Jett-Oh i dont care im closing BOF, im making 'SDOF'

Me-And whats that?

Jett-Scooby Doo on film........its gonna rock

Me-oh..........Nice

Jett-yeah..................................salt?

Me-No thanks.

Disclaimer-This phone call is totally fictional and made up because i was bored.

Eh, things in Hollyweird change like the weather. I am suprised Jett had no review of The Prestige.

Im wondering too that he's usually quick in reviewing movies especially movies by Warner Bros. but zilch for the Prestige. Many fans are starting to question BOF's credibility and one ask him why BOF seems to be reporting too much rumors and if he's despeate for site traffic Jett said from day BOF reported rumors.
Scuttlebutt on Batman is part of BOF and stop reading BOF if you hate it.Their loss he says.

we better get something new soon. I dont care what just something to rock us all.

xanberkeley said:
Im wondering too that he's usually quick in reviewing movies especially movies by Warner Bros. but zilch for the Prestige. Many fans are starting to question BOF's credibility and one ask him why BOF seems to be reporting too much rumors and if he's despeate for site traffic Jett said from day BOF reported rumors.
Scuttlebutt on Batman is part of BOF and stop reading BOF if you hate it.Their loss he says.

He reviewed Jackass 2

Yeah like im gonnago to BOF to read that

BOF off the ball? just a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"