WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008

I played it Wed morning in Gamestop waiting for the shipment of Assassins Creed to get in. From what i played, i thought it was pretty fun, altho i dont care for 'wrasslin' and i couldnt figure out how to do Ray Mysterios finsher it was still pretty fun.

yeah...it's certainly a WWE game...they ruined CAW with the exception of the enterances...and of course, they get rid of all of Jerichos moves the week before he comes back...great move there, THQ...

lol...I don't know what's going on with Jericho. What's been going on lately? I've been working on WWE nights...I don't know what's been going on.

and how did they ruin CAW? I can get this game for $50..I'm just wondering should I go for it.

-TNC

lol...I don't know what's going on with Jericho. What's been going on lately? I've been working on WWE nights...I don't know what's been going on.

and how did they ruin CAW? I can get this game for $50..I'm just wondering should I go for it.

-TNC

They've been running viral ads for Jericho for the last month...."save_us.222" and "x29" and "break the code" and such. Last Monday a countdown started that ends this Monday, "X+1" and "9+1" came up. X plus 1 letter is Y, and I is the 9th letter of the alphabet, plus 1 letter is J...so X29 was Y2J...and "break the code" changed to "break the walls down" for a split second. So Jericho, this Monday, the return.

And CAW has about half as many options as it did last year as far as customization though, the hair is especially bad. And there's no way to divvy out the experience points, you have to buy there pre-made skill points packs...so you can put 5 points to experience and 10 to speed or whatever, it's all pre-set.

Another bad thing is the GM mode, which has always sucked. And Story Mode isnt great either, with it's new fatigue system.

I dont know if it's worth $50...I only payed $25 for it though, and it was worth that just for exhibition mode, which is the best it's been in years.

Yeah, not a big fan of the CAW. To add to Joker's complaints, you get half as many moves to assign to your character and depending on the fighting style, your selection is even thinner. On a personal note: Yet again the women CAWs have limited options available to them, which is odd since the women are now having a more prominant roll in the WWE/F/G. Oh and still no Victoria WTF?! :cmad: Glad I got mine for free.

Ok, this is getting ridiculous. I was reacting to Joker only paying $25 for his copy and now you're telling me that you got the game for free, The_Hill??

How is that? :confused: I want in!

-TNC

Toys R Us had a deal where if you bought Super Mario Galaxy you got a $25 gift card...so, I got Galaxy from there, like I was going to anyway, then used my gift card for SvR...hence, $25 :o

AWWW,....Hmmm...I wish I knew about that deal. That sounds pretty sweet..

I guess that was Smackdown 2008 Wii version.

-TNC

But, isn't the 360 version $60?

$60 - $25 = $35

Aw heck, I just found a copy for $45. I'll give it a shot.

-TNC

I got it this morning and it's pretty good, the CAW takes a while to get used to but once you earn enough in career mode you can buy move sets and everything is back to normal

I got it for the 360. I'm a casual gamer, and I think it's fun.

So far the only thing I don't like is the injury and fatigue stuff in season mode.

Fun game.It seems like to me that the game-play gets better(imo) each year,but the features get worse.It's seems like each year they take some stuff out.

P.S.:anybody here get Fire Pro Wrestling Returns.I can't find a copy at any stores so I just ordered it online.

But, isn't the 360 version $60?

$60 - $25 = $35

Aw heck, I just found a copy for $45. I'll give it a shot.

-TNC

nope, 360 version is only $50, like most of the other yearly games like Madden and such.

Nah, Joker...Smackdown 2008's price is typical.

Toys R Us must be one of few, if not, the ONLY store to actually sell the game at $50, because every other store is selling the 360 version for $60.

-TNC

Nah, Joker...Smackdown 2008's price is typical.

Toys R Us must be one of few, if not, the ONLY store to actually sell the game at $50, because every other store is selling the 360 version for $60.

-TNC

that's weird :o

I have the xbox version here is some cheas for that.

Cheat mode
At the main menu, select "Options", "Cheat Codes", then enter one of the following case-sensitive codes to activate the corresponding cheat function. Note: Some European versions of the game do not have the "Cheat Codes" option.

Kelly Kelly's second costume
Enter "KellyKG12R" as a case-sensitive code to unlock Kelly Kelly's second costume.

Triple H and HBK's DX attire
Enter "DXCostume69K2" as a case-sensitive code to unlock Triple H and HBK's DX attire.

Shop bonuses
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding superstar or item for purchase at the WWE Shop for the listed amount:

Bret Hart: Defeat Bret Hart in Hall Of Fame Direct Challenge mode ($210,000).

Hardcore Championship: Become a Hall of Famer ($20,000).

HBK DX Entrance: Buy the DX attire ($30,000).

Mick Foley: Defeat Mick Foley in Hall Of Fame Direct Challenge mode ($210,000).

Million Dollar Championship: Become a Hall of Famer ($20,000).

Preset Move Set: Buy all move sets ($15,000).

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin: Enter the Hall Of Fame, and select Stone Cold. Defeat him in a Submission match with Bret Hart ($210,000).

Terry Funk: Defeat Sabu, Sandman, and Tommy Dreamer in an ECW Extreme Rules 4-Way match with any superstar on the Legend difficulty setting ($210,000).

The Rock: Defeat The Rock with Stone Cold on the Legend difficulty setting ($210,000).

Triple H DX Entrance: Buy the DX attire ($30,000).

Vince McMahon: Defend a championship in 24/7 mode ($110,000).

Vince McMahon (Bald): Buy the original Vince McMahon ($60,000).

WCW Classic Championship: Become be a Hall of Famer ($20,000).

WWF Attitude Era Championship: Become be a Hall of Famer ($20,000).

Arenas
Get the indicated number of Hall Of Fame mode points to unlock the corresponding arena:

ECW One Night Stand: 7
No Way Out: 5
Vengeance: 6

Unlock Vince McMahon easily
Choose to play as a GM in 24/7 mode. Choose a pre-set roster, and set your champions. Go forward a couple of weeks into the calendar, and simulate matches up until that date. Renew the contracts of a few of your superstars for as long as is possible (make sure you include your champions). Go to the calendar, select a date just before the contracts expire, and choose to simulate up until this point. You will have made enough to renew the contracts again. Repeat the same procedure until you get to WrestleMania. You should get there with a couple of decent superstars to compete in a championship match. Put the championship on the line, and fight the match to unlock Vince McMahon.

Easy money
Start a game in 24/7 mode with a superstar that is 90 or better overall in attributes. Go to the calendar, scroll down to WrestleMania, and select it. Choose to simulate all matches up to this date. You should get a lot of money. Save the game, and repeat this as many times as desired to get an unlimited amount of money.

Moves on announcers table
At the announcers table, press A to remove the "guard" and monitors to enable moves on it.

Set things on fire
While holding a barbed wire bat or near a set-up table, press Finisher to set them on fire.

Use the following trick to set a table on fire. Have two specials stored. Grab a table from under the ringside. Set up the table inside the ring or outside but not in the special places. Hold RB and keep tapping Y while your wrestler is setting up the table. Your wrestler will throw a match on the table and set it on fire.

Helicopter with ladder
While holding a ladder, click Right Analog-stick to do the Helicopter.

Preset movesets

Moveset 1 High Tech: Paul London
Moveset 2 High Show: Brian Kendrick
Moveset 3 Sub Tech: Charlie Haas
Moveset 4 Tech High: Shelton Benjamin
Moveset 5 Show Braw: Eugene
Moveset 6 Show Pow: Val Venis
Moveset 7 Braw High: Rob Van Dam
Moveset 8 Pow Show: Big Show
Moveset 9 Pow Hard: Test
Moveset 10 Braw Hard: Hardcore Holly
Moveset 11 Tech Sub: Tazz
Moveset 12 Sub Tech: Kurt Angle
Moveset 13 Dirt Show: Christian Cage
Moveset 14 Pow Hard: Rhino
Moveset 15 Hard Pow: Brother Ray
Moveset 16 Hard Braw: Brother Devon
Moveset 17 Braw Show: Kip James
Moveset 18 Pow Tech: BG James
Moveset 19 Sub Braw: Samoa Joe
Moveset 20 High Tech: AJ Styles
Moveset 21 High Tech: Christopher Daniels
Moveset 22 Braw Show: Tajiri
Moveset 23 Pow Tech: Brock Lesnar
Moveset 24 Pow Braw: Goldberg
Moveset 25 Pow Show: Sting
Moveset 26 Show High: X-Pac
Moveset 27 Braw Show: Jimmy Snuka
Moveset 28 Show Braw: Dusty Rhodes
Moveset 29 Pow Braw: Ultimate Warrior

Achievements
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:

That's gonna leave a mark (20 points): Powerbomb an opponent on top of a steel step in any match type.
Possession is 9/10 of the law (20 points): Steal your opponent's taunt 3 times in any One on One match.
Put'em in a body bag (20 points): Turn your opponent's entire limb damage meter red in any match type.
I'd like to thank the academy (20 points): Defeat a Powerhouse Superstar with the Possum Pin in any match type.
You've got a bit of red on you (20 points): Get busted open by your opponent on legend difficulty in any match type and win.
Who says originality is dead (20 points): Create an original CAS, ring entrance and created Championship.
King of the mountain (20 points): Place first in every type of tournament in Tournament mode.
If it bleeds.. (20 points): Bloody every ECW Superstar on the roster.
Submission-sensei (50 points): Win a Normal Submission match without having your Struggle Submission hold broken once.
Stop yapping and fight (20 points): Argue with the referee 4 times in a match and win.
That's one for the record books (20 points): Eliminate 20 opponents in a 30-Man Royal Rumble.
Now that's hardcore (20 points): Bloody and defeat a Hardcore Superstar on legend difficulty in an ECW Extreme Rules match and win.
The best there was... (20 points): Win a 20-minute Ironman match on legend difficulty without surrendering a point to your opponent.
A fighting champion (75 points): In ranked online matches, defend a CAC title 5 times against 5 different players within 24 hours.
Gold digger (70 points): Win a Created Championship 10 times in ranked online matches.
On fire (75 points): Win 30 consecutive ranked online matches.
Additionally, there are ten secret achievements, one of which is currently unknown:

Escape Artist (20 points): Wiggle free from every Ultimate Control Grapple at least once.
What The... (10 points): Preview the Mexican Stretch Turnbuckle move in Create a Moveset.
Secret Achievement (10 points): Unknown.
You've got guts (20 points): Complete a ranked online title match.
Send'em back to Louisville (10 points): Lose to an opponent who has more limb damage than you.
Now offering non-stop flights (20 points): Stand on a ladder and suplex your opponent out of the ring in a ladder match.
Rope a dope (20 points): Perform a succesful springboard attack off each side of the ropes.
This year's inductee (350 points): Play as a GM in 24/7 Mode and obtain the GM of the Year Award.
On The Job (10 points): Lose 5 consecutive ranked online matches.
Better luck next year (10 points): Be the first Superstar eliminated in a 30-Man Royal Rumble.

yeah...it's certainly a WWE game...they ruined CAW with the exception of the enterances...and of course, they get rid of all of Jerichos moves the week before he comes back...great move there, THQ...

Awwwwwww :down:

I'm def not diggin this game as much as I did the last one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"