WWII Thriller "Overlord" is Cloverfield 4

So we have on Twitter saying it's a Cloverfield sequel. One saying it's not. What...?

It’s like we’re in some kind of... box of mystery.

So we have on Twitter saying it's a Cloverfield sequel. One saying it's not. What...?

overlord isn't a cloverfield movie, but JJ and Paramount are making a true sequel to the first film

I don't think they'd lie about that at this point

tumblr_inline_p7mpixScBt1r98lni_540.gif

overlord isn't a cloverfield movie, but JJ and Paramount are making a true sequel to the first film

Well to the latter...I don't believe that.

I think I understand now. I got confused because people were posting about other news in the same thread. Abrams apparently announced a new sequel independent of Overlord.

Overlord? I just want to know what's happening with OVERLOAD.

Still assuming it's still probably a part of the same universe. Just tying into the others more tangentially/less significantly than the others do.

The footage sounds cool. Can't wait for the trailers to be released.

They don't wanna fall into that cinematic universe trap. Just kinda allude to them all being in the same time and space.

We're at a stage where inclusion of the phrase 'cinematic universe' or 'shared universe' in any new studio press-release tends to be met with some heavy eye-rolling (regardless of how good the concept or finished product might actually be). Understandable, with some of the projects that have been announced (*cough* Universal 'Dark Universe'). If this one is a success and leads to further interconnected movies they can get more definitive with their descriptions and introduce the 'U-word'.

They don't wanna fall into that cinematic universe trap. Just kinda allude to them all being in the same time and space.

Right. Sort of like the little brand-names dropped through Abram's TV stuff. They're a "shared universe", but you wouldn't know it unless you're one of the hardcore.

This'll probably be in the same 'verse, just not calling any attention to it.

Isn't that Overlord poster fanmade? I'm pretty sure I saw it on iMDB a couple months ago and literally nowhere else.

Goodness.

Though it kinda feels like CoD Zombies at times.

Last edited:
I’m glad this isn’t a cloverfield movie, trailer was fine I guess. This kinda movie doesn’t do much for me, same with those call of duty zombie games.

I’m even happier that we’re getting an actual sequel to cloverfield too.

Last edited:
Thought it'd feel a little more suspenseful with the zombies. It looks fun but, I don't know. Guess it just might be in the way it's being sold. The opening of the trailer was solid though.

Looks entertaining enough. Should be better than Paradox, at least.

If this wound up being Cloverlord, I'd hate it, but I wouldn't.

That trailer hit all the right notes for me. Feels like a proper survival horror game-based film. I pray it's not better than the movie itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"