Days of Future Past X-Force and Cable movies planned?

hegemony

Civilian
Reaction score
So X-Force or Cable or Deadpool -- all these amazing characters are things we haven't really gotten to yet. 'X-Force' #1 was the second biggest book of all time behind Jim Lee's 'X-Men' #1, so there's an immediate brand recognition to that stuff and a build in fanbase. You go to any convention in the world, and you'll see 20 people dressed as Deadpool. In a lot of ways, these are Marvel's coolest characters, so I want to remind people of that and build on what we already have. I think there's a great foundation, and just from basic conversations, we've come up with ten movies we could do. These things cost $150 million each to make, so we have to pick and choose what we want to do."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=42105

Please let this happen. Please.

God, I hope not!

Just include them on one of the X-Men movies, they don't need to have their own film.

I wouldn't mind a Deadpool movie... but it'd work best if Spidey could somehow be included in it. Deadpool's bro-crush on him is hysterical.

Hope so too. It will happen sooner or later. Its too popular not to do anything with. Wanna see these characters get some action and not shoved in a film with no screen time. X Force flick with Cable, Domino and Deadpool would be sick. My dream X flick would be adapting the Uncanny X Force Dark Angel Saga though. Cant get more epic then that X team roster.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure. I feel like the interview was just highlighting lesser known characters that are cool rather than even a hint of a plan to use them.

However if they were to use these characters then I would say use Cable in an Age of Apocalypse movie and maybe give him the lead in an X-Force spin off later on after we've had a few more of the main X-men movies.

Though saying that I'd rather see solo movies of people like Cyclops, Gambit or Storm before that happens.

Im extremely for an X Force flick of any of the volumes so my opinions biased haha. But I really think other teams could lead into an AOA movie. That story is huge. I dont think Millar was highlighting that they are lesser known. Cable and Deadpool seem the ones in demand from what I always hear from people. I think hes pointing out how they havnt done anything with some popular characters, but are aware of the popularity and possibilties. I mean Deadpools huge now and X Force was and still is one of the best selling X books. I could see them leading into an X Force movie through Deadpool easily. Cable and Deadpool def sell pretty well and have a solid fanbase.

Gambit I could see cause of his popularity and he works away from the X-Men, personally would rather see him on an actual X team but I would def see a Gambit origin flick. Cyclops movie would more then likely just be an X Men film or another FC prequel. They really need to use the characters they own and arent doing anything with. Otherwise theres no real point in Fox having them. They own the rights to X Factor and X Force so why not go there? Aside from Wolverine, Deadpool, Magnetos Origin (changed to FC) and possibly a Gambit solo I dont think other characters could work or sale when seperated from a team in their own movie. Or why the studio would want to take them away from the team in the first place.

It really would be impossible to use all these X characters Fox has in just one X team Flick, and be a bit repetitive to not give us anything new and only stick with the same roster. Look at how people complain about Cyclops and Storm, and those are A listers. Theres no way they could give other characters there due. Its impossible. Fox needs to expand the X Universe with other teams and characters to evolve. We wont get more in depth characters or an expanded X Universe like they want till that happens.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"