Sequels X-listers for Marvel's X-Men

Reaction score
Marvel Stud10s is known for taking c and d listers in the mcu, Xpecially in supporting/villain roles. Now X-Men have a huge amount of A list and second tier characters that already appeared in the films, videogames and tv shows. If Marvel Studios decided to use lesser known characters for the reboot, who would you like to see?

My picks are Sage, Marrow, Cecilia Reyes and Sunfire. Some of these characters already appeared in film, videogake or tv but I wouldn't call them 2nd tier characters like Polaris, Dazzler, Havok, Banshee and Bishop.

As for villains, Vertigo, Blockbuster, Harpoon, Tempo, Spiral, basically anyone from the Marauders.

Would sunfire count? I would also love to see Unus the untouchable.

Plus Claremont had a run on Excalibur about an x-team based on Genosha after the attack and there were two great characters there that sadly got forgotten. Wicked, a girl who could talk to ghosts and Freakshow, a boy with the face of an angel who could transform into a horrifying almost kaijuesque monster

i could see them carefully casting xavier school students like some new mutants, Kid Omega and Beak and some of their peers, x-23 and her peers. They could even distinguish the generations, right?

minor characters that i've liked would be cypher, kid omega, hellion, northstar. Sage is pretty cool. Marrow's great. Sunfire's a jerk.

Ha, every team needs a jerk. Plus visually he’s a great character and has an interesting perspective

Would sunfire count? I would also love to see Unus the untouchable.

Plus Claremont had a run on Excalibur about an x-team based on Genosha after the attack and there were two great characters there that sadly got forgotten. Wicked, a girl who could talk to ghosts and Freakshow, a boy with the face of an angel who could transform into a horrifying almost kaijuesque monster
Sunfire is as well known as, idk, maybe just more well known than Star-lord, pre-2013. It also doesn't help that he hasn't been a member of the team since he originally quit the X-Men in the comics and that was decades ago.

Emma Frost could stand out as an even bigger jerk.

But I could see them recruiting an arrogant young Roberto dacosta sunspot for the school

Sunfire is as well known as, idk, maybe just more well known than Star-lord, pre-2013. It also doesn't help that he hasn't been a member of the team since he originally quit the X-Men in the comics and that was decades ago.

Oh well, the hulk left the avengers after issue one

But Hulk rejoined the Avengers didn't he? and has hundreds of solo issues. Sunfire is not really that eXposed compare to the X-men A-listers or b-tiers.

Pixie. She's cute and has a unique look. I could see her becoming a fan favorite, if handled correctly.

pixie.jpg

Marrow would be cool as well. She's so gross.

piXie would be cool. Other than Armor, she's one of the few X-students lf the 2000s/10s that could have joined the ranks of Jubilee, if only the comics developed her more. But powers wise, she's gonna be another flyer and teleporter.

How are we defining X-Listers? Sunfire, despite not sticking around, has a pretty high profile from being in Giant Size X-men #1. Armor had a pretty big role in Whedon's Astonishing X-men and anyone who has read any amount of X-men comics has probably read that run.

Stepford Cuckoos?

That would be a new fun element for the mcu. I like their creepiness

How are we defining X-Listers? Sunfire, despite not sticking around, has a pretty high profile from being in Giant Size X-men #1. Armor had a pretty big role in Whedon's Astonishing X-men and anyone who has read any amount of X-men comics has probably read that run.
High profile? how eXactly? being a horsemen of Apocalypse for few issues? joining Uncanny Avengers and not being a member of the X-Men for decades aren't eXactly high profile. Outside of the comics since 2000, he has only appeared in X-Men Legends 2.

While Armor has been sidelined after Astonishing X-Men and only appeared as a X-woman for a few issues of X-Men Gold.

And its clear in my 1st post, when I say x-Listers, characters that are below 2nd tiers X-Men... so the c, d, z listers.

High profile? how eXactly? being a horsemen of Apocalypse for few issues? joining Uncanny Avengers and not being a member of the X-Men for decades aren't eXactly high profile. Outside of the comics since 2000, he has only appeared in X-Men Legends 2.

While Armor has been sidelined after Astonishing X-Men and only appeared as a X-woman for a few issues of X-Men Gold.

And its clear in my 1st post, when I say x-Listers, characters that are below 2nd tiers X-Men... so the c, d, z listers.

Sunfire will forever be included as a member of the Giant-Sized team which gives him a pretty big profile. Recommend anyone important comics in X-men history and Giant-Sized #1 will be on the list, which means Sunfire isn't an "X-Lister" like Maggot or others. I have a shirt with Sunfire on it because the graphic is based on the "All New All Different" iconic comic cover. I'm not saying he's important to the X-men, but he was in one of the most important X-men issues ever.

Sunfire will forever be included as a member of the Giant-Sized team which gives him a pretty big profile. Recommend anyone important comics in X-men history and Giant-Sized #1 will be on the list, which means Sunfire isn't an "X-Lister" like Maggot or others. I have a shirt with Sunfire on it because the graphic is based on the "All New All Different" iconic comic cover. I'm not saying he's important to the X-men, but he was in one of the most important X-men issues ever.
Pretty big profile when wolverine, Storm, Colossus and Nightcrawler eclipse him in popularity and over all amount of appearances in all forms of media.

With that argument, you can just say any character under the X-Men world is high profile because its the X-Men. So agree to disagree.

And again, X lister doesn't automatically mean they are in the same level as Maggott. If you didn't read my entire posts, two of them well For the third time, I meant characters that are below 2nd tier characters, the c listers, the d listers, the z listers - not just characters that are in the same level as Maggott. and Sunfire isn't even a b list X-Men character to begin with. B list characters are Bishop, Havok, Polaris, Forge etc... as someone who have been eXposed to decades of reading the comics, dozens of film/tv/videogame adaptation of the X-Men... Sunfire has definitely not been given much attention especially compare to the b listers I just mentioned.

Last edited:
It would be interesting if they tried creating a completely new c or b lister just for the X-men movies. Wasn’t Morph completely new in the 90s animation ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"