Animation X-Men ‘97

Well, clearly Alyson Court shouldn't play Jubilee.

Not that I've heard her voice recently, but why not?

Outside of Cyclops (RIP) and Xavier (not sure why Cederic Smith isn't returning), all the other actors seem like they're returning to their roles.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chris Britton (Sinister) and Adrien Hough (Nightcrawler) are playing new characters, especially if Sinister or Nightcrawler aren't appearing.

OK this is what I mean. Why wouldn't Britton be back as Sinister? Sinister was still kicking around by the end of the show, and things with him were left unresolved. So it would make sense to see Sinister again. Plus, Hasbro is making a new X-Men: TAS Sinister figure.

The Nightcrawler episodes were some of the best ones in the original series. They should leave it open to bring him back as Nightcrawler.

Last edited:
Also, wow, I realize I didn't share my thoughts:

I'm not the biggest fan of the 90's series (I prefer XME and WATXM) but I'm STOKED for this. It's truly genius marketing for this to be the first Disney/Marvel Studios X-Men project. Use that prime 90s nostalgia to reintroduce the work to the characters they were first introduced to in the 90s. FOX left these characters in dire straights, and Ike Perlmutter shielded their popularity.

Fiege has a lot of rebuilding to do.

OK this is what I mean. Why wouldn't Britton be back as Sinister? Sinister was still kicking around by the end of the show, and things with him were left unresolved. So it would make sense to see Sinister again. Plus, Hasbro is making a new X-Men: TAS Sinister figure.

The Nightcrawler episodes were some of the best ones in the original series. They should leave it open to keep him back.

Blood Ties episode is definitely in the top ten. That whole Mystique/Rogue/Nightcrawler soap opera was great really.

If it's about age with Alyson Court, I don't see the problem. Yeardley Smith has been voicing Lisa Simpson for almost 35 years. Nancy Cartwright same for Bart Simpson.

The Nightcrawler episodes were some of the best ones in the original series. They should leave it open to keep him back.

Because Jubilee is Asian American.

Also, I'm not saying Britton or Hough can't/wont play those characters. What I'm saying is that Sinister appeared in 12 episodes and Nightcrawler appeared in 2. So, if these guys are back and are being announced as part of the main cast, which they never were before, then either those characters are appearing more frequently, or they're playing new ones.
Just my thoughts, anyway.

OK my apologies JP. Since you posted that I was not aware Alyson Court made those statements about not wanting to voice Jubilee again in the show and wanting the role to go to a young Asian American instead.

If this is how Court feels I respect her wishes.

FEA_hZ0WUAkbpfi

Very excited to hear it's finally happening, best news! I saw some reactions on Twitter poopooing the excitement saying "have you actually watched it recently?" yeah I have lol, not every show can be as polished as Batman/nor does being not polished automatically make it bad. I love me some janky animation, that's an acquired taste for some but for me it hits a sweet spot. The animation is janky but the show was charming and full of heart/passion, that helps.

I hope a Spider-Man '98 isn't too far off in the not-too-distant future now as well!

How did the last episode of the animated series end? Was it on a cliffhanger or were there any unresolved plots? Are they going to pick up directly where they left off as if it were just the next episode?

How did the last episode of the animated series end? Was it on a cliffhanger or were there any unresolved plots? Are they going to pick up directly where they left off as if it were just the next episode?
Iirc, the Professor was sent to space because he was sick. The finale was very emotional.

Outside of Cyclops (RIP) and Xavier (not sure why Cederic Smith isn't returning).

Well technically Xavier is “dead”, so they will not need CS to reprise him

The original show had one of the more closed-book endings for these Marvel animated shows so it honestly should be pretty fresh of a starting point to pick back up with. I'd imagine it'd be a little trickier with 90s Spider-Man cause that directly left things more open-ended (although like this show, I found that ending to be satisfying mostly too).

Xavier is dying and his only chance of living is technology from Lilandra of the Shi'ar, The X-Men seek out Magneto to aid them in contacting the Shi'ar.

As someone who absolutely adores the 90s X-Men, it's kind of terrible. A new showrunner has to be a plus. :hehe:

What happens if this goes to several seasons? Are they going to call the next season X-Men 98? And for a 4th season will it be X-Men 2000 and will they get black leather costumes?

What happens if this goes to several seasons? Are they going to call the next season X-Men 98? And for a 4th season will it be X-Men 2000 and will they get black leather costumes?
They could do a time jump.

Oh good, there’s a thread. Amazing news to hear about this. I hope they can get a bunch of the other core X-Men who didn’t feature much or at all to get a good chance in this. I was hoping this Fox buyout would lead to more animated X-Men.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"