X men 2 sucked a$$

I find Ratner enthusiasts taking potshots at Singer highly amusing
laughing.gif

not
dry.gif

GoldenAgeHero said:
the deathstrike and wolverine action scenes weremediocre, and they completely dumbed down nightcrawler.

Deathstrike vs. Wolverine mightve been better if she was a bit more than a silent henchwoman.

how did they dumb down Nightcrawler?:confused:

I'm not a Ratner enthusiast.

I really like Red Dragon, but the direction was nothing special, and I don't care for the Rush Hour films at all.

I disagree. I find it to be very faithful to the spirit of the comics and have depth (which I doubt the third will have) and is an overall good entertaining movie with good characters.

Also, Singer is not a bland director. He is subtle but anyone who calls him bland needs to re-examine his work. The Usual Suspects is not bland, bland is Rush Hour and Money Talks.

And I'll just say taste is different but I put it in the top 5 superhero films made yet though.

x2 sucked! ask someone why they liked x2 and they won't give you any good reasons! sequals are supposed to improve upon their predecessors and develope the story threads and characters further! x2 did none of these things! once again wolverine is the character who gets the most attention, while everyone else is thrown into the background. They had a bigger budget, yet there is even less teamwork! The X-men are a team, we should see them forming battle strategies, using their powers in a cohesive effort! The whole movie was basically a rehash of the first.

x3 looks like the movie x2 should have been! you can totally take x2 out of the trilogy, and you will miss nothing. They totally could have gotten the mutant versus human war out of the way, and X3 would have been about a new villian from the comic mythos.

DACrowe said:
I disagree. I find it to be very faithful to the spirit of the comics and have depth (which I doubt the third will have) and is an overall good entertaining movie with good characters.

Also, Singer is not a bland director. He is subtle but anyone who calls him bland needs to re-examine his work. The Usual Suspects is not bland, bland is Rush Hour and Money Talks.

And I'll just say taste is different but I put it in the top 5 superhero films made yet though.

Singer is bland. He plays it safe, and X2 and SR are proof of that. X2 was basically a remake of the first movie, but with slightly better special effects. Superman Returns is just copying everything Donner did 20 years ago, but with a less talented crew and crappier actors.

If Singer had any originality, we would have had spectacular group battles, better developed characters that weren't stuck on the sidelines, and just a grander, bigger experience altogether!

I've always thought X2 was better than the first film.

Abaddon said:
I've always thought X2 was better than the first film.

Why?

Like I said, no one ever supports their opinion.

chi-boy said:
Why?

Like I said, no one ever supports their opinion.

um,I didn't feel the need to support to it until someone asked.Like you just now.:confused:

I found the story more interesting,the action was better,Magneto,Mystique,and Pyro were all good.I enjoyed it much more than X1.

Abaddon said:
um,I didn't feel the need to support to it until someone asked.Like you just now.:confused:

I found the story more interesting,the action was better,Magneto,Mystique,and Pyro were all good.I enjoyed it much more than X1.

K, that's better. I guess I can see that.

damn chi-boy....you don't like ANYTHING...sheesh

It wasn't shackled down to the comics but that doesn't make it suck ass. Every comicbook movie sucks ass if that's the case.

it has the excellent action scenes (nightcrawller whitehouse pwnage, wolverine slice and dice at school, xjet tornado flight, deathstrike vs wolvie, sexy mystique kicking guard ass... let me catch my breath here... ok magneto killing that guard guy and escaping his plastic prison...) and yeah the story's cheezy sometimes (cyclops is terribly underused) but it was all a set-up fo the final act where stuff really gets taken to the next level on a biblical scale. I think that's what the rush hour guy is trying to do with x3, but it'll fall pretty flat the same way batman and robin did if it doesn't have any real heart like some of the reviews say. And cyclops doesnt seems to have fared much better in it either.

x2 had that heart with nightcrawlers little plot about tolerance and faith (which storm seems to have dismissed and forgotten in x3 lol), Icemans little problem with rogue, striker's issues with wolverine and mutant kind, pyro's subltly hinted at problems with his powers and not being loved, mystique's disgust at seeing children tortured, cyclops losing Jean, excellently acted by Marsden, of course wolverine's decision not to pursue his past anymore....

no this movie does not suck ass...

It kicks it. Like a soccer ball.

JoLiE_MeNdEz said:
x-men was better than x2.

i was also kinda bummed that they didn't use lady death strike and wolverine's relationship. ahh well we'll always have the animated series.

And "Wolverine". Don't rule that out... Kelly could and tyler could make a return. There's still two prequels available to expand on certain things. just... like... a comic would. :up::)

I like the X-men movies a lot....but they really missed the mark on a LOT of things. And I could care less about the costumes and minor stuff. Both of the movies feel like... they tried ok...but it's missed out on a lot of opportunites. I just really hated how Cyclops got shafted in this series. He's like one of my favorite characters...and a MAJOR player in the X-men. More or less a freaking cameo in all the movies.

I bet if you add up his screen time in all three movies together...it won't even add up to over 30 minutes....lol

Stormyprecious said:
Yes, both films suck.

Singer is one of the most bland, point and shoot directors out there. He has no sense behind the camera, and he hacked great source material to pieces. The movies are just bad episodes of the Wolverine show guest starring the X-Men, and even with all the time they spend(waste)on him, Singer managed to royally **** him up too. He's nothing more than a generic bad-ass with some corny one-liners that can't back up his bs since he gets his ass handed to him on a silver platter every time he fights a mutant.
Storm, Cyclops, and Jean might as well be clones of a character named Generic. Rogue and Iceman are absolutely pathetic. Neither has contributed a damned thing to helping the team in either film, and both are wildly miscast; Ashmore is among the most wooden actors in Hollywood today. Deathstrike could've and should've been a great character, and this should've been Kelly Hu's chance to shine, yet Singer totally wastes her with 15 minutes of screen time, one irrelevant line, and then killing her off(and she still manages to be easily one of the best things in either film, even with such poor material to work with).
How someone can have such great characters to adapt and still come up with such paper thin, less than run of the mill films is a mystery, but that incompetent hack Singer and his crew certainly found a way.
The fact that he's gone to go butcher another comic book franchise is why I still have some faith in X3.

I also agree, but I'll be there to support X3 opening weekend.

X2 has a flaw in Cyke got the shaft (but Singer was gooing to make him a major player in X3 unlike ****ing Ratner).

It had other minor flaws but it is one of the best comic movies because it is so good. The characters have some real depth (some not all) and we get to explore Logan, Jean, Magneto further and Stryker is a captivating villain and the plot is original and not just solely copying comics or redoing the first one (that is the third movie which is essitentially the plots of the first two combine with a bigger budget and less respect for the source material).
It has better action and the scene where Nightcrawler rapes teh White House is among the top five comic book film moments ever. The direction is sharp and has a certain look that is unusual for comic book films (coming from the first). It has a surerealistic nature and is very well written. The acting (besides Berry) is top notch and even bit parts like Cyke and Rogue (who did have a large role in the first to be fair) can shine. And the action is top notch, even if there isn't as much team work as the first (and for a budget of $80 million, there was quite a bit).

I feel it is just a strong movie that capture the spirit and feeling of the '80s X-Men comics. The third looks like a big stupid action movie that will give fanboys the fights they have been creaming for but everything else will be mediocre I suspect though.

DACrowe said:
X2 has a flaw in Cyke got the shaft (but Singer was gooing to make him a major player in X3 unlike ****ing Ratner).

Damn that Ratner for being like the fourth choice for director of the movie and doing the best job his mediocre ass can do.:mad:

:rolleyes:

I'm sure Singer wouldve shown Cyclops the same respect he did in previous films: none.

Singer talked about giving Cyke some more time because he thought that he didn't get much time in the first two (though in the first he had as much time as Jean and more than Storm).

I think Storm would have been shafted if Singer returned, which I am more fine with as I think Halle Berry is a wretched Strom.

Ratner I'll give a chance, but since the second was 2 15 and the thrid (the "epic finale") will clock in under 100 minutes when the credits begin to roll and features a ruined Cyke, a ruined Rogue, a misused Wolverine and the sounds of all action and no depth behind it.....

I am quite skeptical. It doesn't help that the creative force behind it has the combined efforts of the Rush Hour movies, Money Talks, After the Sunset, Elektra, Inspector Gadget, Mr. & Mrs. Smith and XXX2.

All terrible movies really.

What's up with all the "**** the X-Men" threads lately? And why are they all started by people that can't form a coherent sentence?

I like the first X-Men but feel largely ambivalent about X2 on the whole. I've never seen Singer's work outside of these films so I can't comment on his ability on other projects, but I didn't see anything particularly unique or creative that couldn't have been done by another director.

And for the record, I don't think you can say these movies were faithful, especially with all of the character changes.

Stormyprecious said:
In order for him to make movies deeper, he'd have to make me give a flying **** about the characters. He couldn't even do it when he was making movies based on source material where I already did.

He does make my hatred for his lackluster work run deeper than most Hollywood directors today though.

Nightcrawler was decent, that alone puts him above most "characters"(a term I use loosely, since in most cases, Singer doesn't even give them enough to qualify)in these disasters.

The problem with Singer(well, one of the many), is that he almost no clue how to put the words "character" and "development" in the same sentence. He tends to define mutants by their powers rather than by distinct characteristics that give them actual personalities that make them worth caring about.

Precisely it's amazing how much praise these films and Singer get despite all their shortcomings.

I enjoyed both X-men movies and I have no doubt I'll enjoy this one, I'm not a X-men fan, but felt they were entertaining films,if your looking for something deeper from a comicbook movie, then your looking to hard, no one needs to justify why they like a movie, its their personal tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"