X-Men 3 Online - Articles on X3

Heh...Apparently Beast is only RUMORED.. :p

Electrix said:
I think they will keep X-Men 3 so secretive until its released. I doubt they will want to hand over the footage to theatre's.
HAHA...I seriously doubt that...I'm pretty sure that they'll be spilling out alot after the first trailer is released..

-TNC

Berry Happy Storm Flies in X3

Halle says she's glad her weather-wielding character takes to the air in the third film. Plus, another Wolverine? And Arclight makes a cameo.

"I've worn this cape for two movies now and I never flew,"Halle Berry, who returns as Storm for the third time in X3, told Extra. "And the fans would see me on the street and say, 'You know, how lame are you -- you don't even fly."

In the first X3 teaser trailer, Storm is seen twirling in a spin manuever that Berry performed herself, she said in the interview. "After two X-Men films and Catwoman, Berry was reluctant to get back into a super-hero role," Extra said. "But, between the X3 script and meeting with director Brett Ratner, she decided to come back."

"If I was going to be there, I just wanted to have something to do," Berry said.

Meanwhile, X3 director Brett Ratner had a Christmas/Hanukkah card made up depicting himself as Wolverine with the rest of the cast (see below). In the card, he refers to himself as Wolverstein, according to Defamer.com.

X3 wrapped principal photography in Vancouver late last month and now moves to post-production for its May 26 release.

Also, Arclight will be cast as a member of Magneto's Brotherhood in the film, according to Comics Continuum. Arclight was a member of the Marauders in the comics.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/articles/2496.asp

t is beginning to look like X-Men 3 might witness the same recovery that V for Vendetta did. After hitting more than its fair share of speedbumps and directors, the film has rebounded with solid buzz, a nice teaser and a confident cast & crew.

Stewart Talks X-Men 3

A while back we had posted a couple of articles that featured the possibility of X-Men 3 being the best yet for the film franchise. Now, we don't want to get ahead of ourselves on this one, especially considering how solid we thought X2 was, but now we have Mr. Patrick Stewart (Professor X) claiming that the script for X-Men 3 is the best he has seen yet. Hurray!

Sci Fi Pulse recently caught wind that the latest issue of Dreamwatch sat down with Patrick Stewart to discuss his role in the drama series 11th Hour plus his return to the X-Men film franchise. Besides mentioning positive comments about X-Men 3, the actor gave the film one of the ultimate compliments.

X–Men 3 went through a certain amount of pre – production drama before the cameras rolled – Bryan Singer withdrew from the project and then after some time Mathew Vaughan came onboard… Then Mathew also withdrew from the project, by which time it was almost too late. You can imagine, on a film like this, it requires a lot of preparation… Then Brett Ratner became the helmer and in every possible way hit the ground running with this project. I do know that everybody was working 48 hours ahead of what was being prepped. The pressure on them was enormous, so much so that the last 10 days that I was shooting – in fact a scene with myself and Sir Ian McKellen – we were shooting in the studio but from six o’clock in the evening until six o’clock in the morning.

http://www.canmag.com/news/4/3/2738

A New Baddy on the X3 Block
Young actress Mei Melancon becomes a member of Magneto's Brotherhood of Mutants for the third X-Men film.
By Mark Umbach

Christina Radish Photo
Mei Melancon will join McKellen's evil mutants in X3

Ian McKellen better watch his back...there's a new bad guy in the X-Men franchise. The Hollywood Reporter reports 20th Century Fox and Marvel Entertainment have enlisted the wiles of Mei Melancon to play the evil mutant assassin Psylocke in the upcoming third installment of the X-Men film franchise.

According to the Reporter, it got out from the Vancouver set late last week that Psylocke would be added to the third installment. Many incarnations of Psylocke have existed throughout the comic book series, and she is best known for her fighting and telepathic abilities, as well as her capability to transport herself through the shadows. In X3, she will be a member of Magneto's (McKellen) evil band of mutants.

http://www.filmstew.com/Content/Article.asp?ContentID=13044&Pg=1

Psylocke joins X-Men 3’s baddie line-up
Evil mutant assassin Psylocke has joined the line-up of X-Men 3, which 20th Century Fox will release on May 26.

Filipina actress Mei Melancon will play the character. She previously worked with X3 director Brett Ratner in Rush Hour 2, The Hollywood Reporter says.

Psylocke is known for her fighting and telepathic skills. She also has the ability to transport herself and others through shadows.

http://www.star-ecentral.com/movies...rchives/buzz/2006/1/3Psylockejo&date=1/3/2006

'X-Men 3' Has Another Villain in Melancon
January 02, 2006
By Tatiana Siegel

20th Century Fox and Marvel Entertainment have added another lethal component to "X-Men 3." Mei Melancon has joined the cast of the comic book-inspired sequel as the evil mutant assassin Psylocke.

Melancon, who appeared in Brett Ratner's "Rush Hour 2," is reteaming with the helmer for the third installment of the superhero franchise.

Word began leaking last week from the Vancouver set that the latest "X-Men" installment would introduce the character Psylocke, who has had several incarnations in the Marvel comic book series and is best known for her fighting and telepathic skills as well as an ability to transport herself and others through shadows. In the film, she will fight against the X-Men as a member of Magneto's (Ian McKellen) Brotherhood of Mutants.

"X-Men 3," which is penned by Simon Kinberg and Zak Penn, is set to bow May 26, on Memorial Day weekend.

Melancon's credits also include the HBO series "Deadwood."

http://www.backstage.com/bso/news_reviews/film/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001772682

I dont get why there is such big news over Psylocke when she wont really have a big role..

Electrix said:
I dont get why there is such big news over Psylocke when she wont really have a big role..

I'm with you on this one - this news is everywhere. I think maybe because it was in Variety and everyone else is just picking it up.

Because its Psylocke....

Or maybe its because Fox is trying to steal some hype from SR, so they are telling other news outlets that Psylocke, one of the biggest characters in Xmen history, is in X3....

Breaking News:

CNN can exclusively reveal to you that a spokesperson from FOX just announced that a character called Bishop will be in the upcoming X-Men 3. Bishop is one of the most famous characters ever in comicbook history, even bigger than Superman and the one and only Spiderman!

The actor playing this role will be announced shortly.

You know what I meant, Electrix.

Psylocke is a big character, and having her in X3 provides hype. Fox knows that SR is far ahead in that area, so having news outlets provide more and more information/hype about the film is not out of the question.

Yeah I noticed that with Beast. The news of Kelsey as Beast was everywhere.

Same with Vinnie Jones. Hes not an A level star, but seeing his name everywhere sure made it seem like he was one!

So just about every single Mutant ever made gets a Cameo & Gambit can not even get a 5 Second Cameo during the Final battle running across the Screen throwing a Card or 2 at the Screen. Heck we do not even have to see Gambit have him in the background as a Shadow Figure & all we see are Cards flyng at Soldiers & causing explosions for 10 to 5 seconds is good enough

X-Men 3 - Based on everything we've seen so far, this one looks like it's going to kick major ass. The only thing I'm worried about is that there will be so many freaking characters; we'll have a hard time keeping track of all of them. The biggie will be seeing what Brett Ratner does with the film after it's been in the hands of Bryan Singer for the previous two X-Men installments. I am of the opinion that his involvement will either make or break the entire franchise. Singer has done a fantastic job up until this point and so, Brett, my man, this one is all you.

http://www.cinematical.com/2006/01/...films-were-really-looking-forward-to-in-2006/

Psylock set for X-Men 3

The 'X-Men 3' juggernaut has continued the expansion of its cast by signing on Filipino actress Mei Melancon to play the role of superhero Betsy Braddock, aka Psylocke.

Fans of the superhero epic X-Men will be pleased at the casting announcement as the first two films in the franchise were shot without Psylocke, a character many ardent fans believe to be integral to the crime-fighting mutant superhero team.

Actress Melancon, through signing on for 'X-Men 3', is set to reunite with director Brett Ratner after a short, yet highly coveted role in the comedy 'Rush Hour 2' as 'Girl in Car'.

However, according to Empireonline.co.uk, Psylock will not be joining the X-Men ranks as such but will instead fight under Magneto's banner as a member of his Brotherhood of Mutants.

http://movienews.virgin.net/Virgin/...oviesNewsDetail/0,15384,928212_movies,00.html

Actress Melancon, through signing on for 'X-Men 3', is set to reunite with director Brett Ratner after a short, yet highly coveted role in the comedy 'Rush Hour 2' as 'Girl in Car'.

:D

I thought she doesn't have any Filipino blood in her. :confused:

This year, April showers will bring May flowers, especially at the movies. If there's any month to circle on the calendar, it's May, which features four of 2006's biggest films: Mission: Impossible III (May 5), Poseidon (May 12), The Da Vinci Code (May 19) and X-Men 3 (May 26). If you're keeping track, that's two sequels and a remake among the four. That theme continues into the summer with Superman Returns (June 30), the fourth movie about the Man of Steel; Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, a sequel that picks up with Capt. Jack (Johnny Depp); and Miami Vice (July 28), a remake of the TV show, starring Colin Farrell.

• X-Men 3 (Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman, Ian McKellen, Halle Berry, Famke Janssen; May 26): Dr. Xavier (Stewart) and Magneto (McKellen) head opposing forces that clash after a cure for mutations is discovered.

Quick take: Two movies were enough for Bryan Singer, who leaves the director's chair to Brett Ratner (Rush Hour, The Family Man). Uh oh.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/preview/articles/0106yearahead0106.html

Bryan Singer's Superman Returns (June 30) doesn't look as sure-fire after Batman Begins didn't make a convincing case for updating superheroes. Much depends on whether newcomer Brandon Routh (rhymes with "south") has more star appeal than the trailers suggest.

Singer chose that project over directing X-Men 3 (May 26) after guiding the first two Marvel Comics-inspired films. His replacement, Brett Ratner (Rush Hour, Red Dragon), isn't in the same league, and third installments of any franchise historically are disappointing.

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/01/06/Floridian/Forecast_for__06__lit.shtml

Why do they make Ratner sound like such a terrible director? Its not like he's Uwe Boll

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"