X-Men 3 Online - Articles on X3

X-MEN 3

Release Date - May 26th

We'll admit that it's possible X3 won't be as great as X1 or X2 but the recently released trailer certainly gave us tons of hope. If nothing else, coupling Brett Ratner's considerable skill in crafting a good action setpiece with the wide array of mutants and their powers should make for some spectacular sequences.

http://www.joblo.com/

joblo made the teaser the 28th best trailer of the year as well

Screenwriter Zak Penn provided The Continuum with an update on X3, which recently wrapped photography in Vancouver, British Columbia.

"The film is posting right now. Editors are editing. Effects guys are effecting. Sound mixers are mixing their sound," Penn said.

"There won't be too many mutants. You never know about a movie before it's done, but it has a good chance of owning everyone's collective ash."

In other X3 news:

* Hugh Jackman, who has played Wolverine in all three X-Men, films will be honored, along with Olivia Netwon John and INXS, at the Penfolds Icon Gala Dinner on Saturday, Jan. 14, the opening event of the third annual G'Day LA: Australia Week 2006 in Los Angeles.

* Zizzle is listing X-Men movie toys among its upcoming products.

* Sideshow Collectibles is producing Beast and Juggernaut maquettes.

* Look for more on the film soon here in The Continuum.

comicscontinuum.com

Owning the competitions ash or our asses?

Should a scriptwriter say ash?

But they fly.
Flying%20Nun%201.gif

Zizzle producing X3 toys?

I put this in the In the Press thread, but it probably really should go here since I found it online.

Hugh Jackman interview at Entertainment Weekly:

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2006...atch_in_1.html

January 06, 2006
The PopWatch Interview: Hugh Jackman on 'X-Men 3'

Word is X-Men's Wolverine is getting some new moves. Freshman mutants in the movie franchise, like Angel and Beast, hog all the buzz these days, but don't expect the vet to sit on the sidelines filing his claws. In fact, Hugh Jackman, who plays the hotheaded, cigar-smoking superhero, recently told Entertainment Weekly's Neil Drumming that X-Men 3, directed by Brett Ratner and opening May 26, will roll out a much more refined Wolvie.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What's different about Wolverine 3.0?

HUGH JACKMAN: We tried to incorporate a little more of some of the artwork of the comics into Wolverine's fighting style. I was very adamant at the beginning in 1 and 2 -- I used to watch tapes of Mike Tyson -- and I was like, I don't want it to be pretty. I don't want it to be martial arts. I don't want him to be anything other than, like, a street fighter. He doesn't fight for the sake of fighting. If he can take someone's head off in the first punch, he'll take it off. Simon [Crane, stunt coordinator for Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Troy, and both Tomb Raiders] kind of convinced me and we worked on some styles of incorporating some of the artwork in the comics, which is a little stylized, more to use what his strength is -- which is [that he's] small. Me, I'm actually a tall man, so that took a little training and I worked hard on that.

So here's the big question: Will fans of the comic book be satisfied -- especially since Bratt Ratner is new to the franchise?

Oh, yeah. There's a lot of things we really tried to get in 1 and 2 which -- I don't mean to be blunt -- were just real expensive and we couldn't get them in until 1 and 2 were so successful. So there's some sequences there that the fans -- if you go to that midnight screening on the first night, they'll just be going ballistic. There's some specific choreography, famous fighting moves, that we use in this movie that we haven't been able to do before.

The fans have been the foundation of the success of this movie and they're never forgotten. Trust me. No decision is made without considering the history of each character. You don't want to come in and just rewrite the history books. And let's face it: If I do a disservice to Wolverine, I can easily be spat on in the street.

What's up with a possible Wolverine spin-off?

I'm into it. We're actually working on a script. X-Men is an ensemble movie, even if some characters are in it more than others. It's about the X-Men. I love playing the part. I think it's the best part going around. I may be biased, but I think there's so much still to be mined, still to be learned from that [character]. I think it will stand up to a feature-length movie. And we've had some really amazing interests from some great filmmakers and great writers also really intrigued by the character.

Would you consider writing it yourself?

I will always put my input in from the actor's point of view. At this point I feel like I know the character, from some perspective, incredibly well, so I will always have a lot to say. But no.

Toybiz is producing X-Men figures that have little to do with the movies.

Oh well. I must have been wrong

Not really an article but something i found online: http://movies.go.com/feature?featureid=751902

Xmen 3 is at the top but i found this towards the bottom, dunno if its been mentioned before:

34. Scary Movie 4
Saw, superhero movies and X-Men are among the spoof subjects in the latest Scary sequel, which is again devoid of the Wayans' input but stars original cast member Anna Faris and Outkast's André 3000, rapper Chingy, Shaquille O'Neal and Dr. Phil. (April)

x men gets a special mention instead of just being left in with the superhero movies part so it must be a big scene, cant wait to see what they do with it :up:

_BB_ said:
Not really an article but something i found online: http://movies.go.com/feature?featureid=751902

Xmen 3 is at the top but i found this towards the bottom, dunno if its been mentioned before:

x men gets a special mention instead of just being left in with the superhero movies part so it must be a big scene, cant wait to see what they do with it :up:

It was spoofed for a quick second in Scary Movie 3 -- at the end -- when they are powering on some device. The shot is a near recreation of the Jet scene in X1 when Cyclops powers the jet on -- it's funny -- I think you even see a "X" on the control panel in the spoof --

bosef982 said:
It was spoofed for a quick second in Scary Movie 3 -- at the end -- when they are powering on some device. The shot is a near recreation of the Jet scene in X1 when Cyclops powers the jet on -- it's funny -- I think you even see a "X" on the control panel in the spoof --

i didnt notice that...*goes to put the dvd on*

http://www.cinematical.com/2006/01/10/jackman-talks-wolverine-movie/

Jackman talks Wolverine movie

Posted Jan 10th 2006 10:33AM by Mark Beall
Filed under: Action & Adventure, Casting, Fandom, Scripts & Screenwriting, Comic/Superhero/Geek, Remakes and Sequels

Hugh Jackman could make a serious case for being the single biggest posterboy for the Marvel movie deluge of the last several years (although he'd probably lose to Toby the Webslinger). At any rate, he certainly scores among the most popular cinematic super heroes, and with his third performance as Wolverine in the X-Men films, and an upcoming Wolvey-centric film slated, he stands to become the most long-running character of the modern super hero actors (I think. Feel free to correct me if I'm forgetting someone here). In a recent interview, Jackman discussed Wolverine's role in the new film, as well as the upcoming title feature. He indicated that he's been very adamant about keeping Wolverine as an all out brawling street-fighter, not martial arts or anything "pretty." He just hits to hurt. He also said that in the newest X-film, he expects audiences to be wowed ("going ballistic") over some of the fight choreography. Sounds good to me so far.

In discussing his title film, Jackman has nothing but good things to say. He's excited, he's anxious, and he loves the character. "I may be biased, but I think there's so much still to be mined, still to be learned from that [character]." He also notes that while he is certainly willing to offer his take on the character and his point of view, he has no interest in taking any form of directorial role in the upcoming film.

If you are a regular reader of this site, you'll know that I'm not particularly optimistic about the upcoming X3. Like many Marvel geeks, I worry that the train has finally gotten out of control. However, I will say that I love Jackman's portrayal of Wolverine, and I think he does a fantastic job representing the character. Silver lining to the dark X-cloud? Probably. I'm still interested in the direction the Wolverine movie will choose to take...

Cool:up:

I got the The Prestige book over the holidays. :)

X3 related clip from Jean-Paul Rovéla's (Moving Picture Company's Lighting TD) interview with Alias.com

You have worked for the Moving Picture Company -- is this a dream fulfilled, working in these super studios?

I worked for the main French company, I came in London where I've been working for almost 3 years - on big projects. It's a pleasure to work here on this kind of projects. I think my dreams are not over yet. I have a lot to do. But hush!

You are currently working on XMEN3 -- can you tell us anything about it at all or are your lips sealed with a NDA ;-))?

Sorry, you'll have to wait for the release in the theater to ask me this question.

You reside in the UK to work on XMEN3; any plans on moving to North America, Australia or back to France permanently? Are you going to stay in the CGI industry indefinitely -- what are you plans for the future?

I know that I would like to stay one more year in the UK, and after that I have a few wishes and desires. I would to stay awhile in the CG industry. Now I'm starting to think what I'm going to do in ten years. If I'm going back to work in France? Before that time, I am sure an interesting project will appear. When that time comes, I'll want to have an interesting position (CG or VFX).
Source: http://www.alias.com/glb/eng/commun...mId=11100001&view=interview&_requestid=275361

Wolverine loves working for Ratner
By Joshua Tyler Jan 9, 2006, 21:03 GMT

While most fans are feeling pretty nervous about what will become of their beloved ‘X-Men’ franchise in the unpredictable (and not in a good way) hands of director Brett Ratner’s, Hugh Jackman wants everyone to know that hey… it’s going to be great.

Jackman spoke with Entertainment Weekly about his upcoming X-projects and seems pretty positive. It’s going to be one bad place of a spectacle: “There's a lot of things we really tried to get in 1 and 2 which - I don't mean to be blunt - were just real expensive and we couldn't get them in until 1 and 2 were so successful.”

That sounds great Hugh! What about the film’s story? He adds, “So there's some sequences there that the fans - if you go to that midnight screening on the first night, they'll just be going ballistic. There's some specific choreography, famous fighting moves, that we use in this movie that we haven't been able to do before.”

Check. Great effects, cool action. But script? Story? No mention of that, in regards to ‘X3”, but Hugh is even more excited about his upcoming X-Men spinoff movie ‘Wolverine’. “I'm into it," he says. "We're actually working on a script…I love playing the part. I think it's the best part going around.” Hasn’t the character already been explored in the ‘X-Men’ films? Hugh says there’s more to be uncovered. “I may be biased, but I think there's so much still to be mined, still to be learned from that [character]. I think it will stand up to a feature-length movie.”

http://movies.monstersandcritics.com/news/article_1074585.php/Wolverine_loves_working

X-Men 3

The continuing adventures of the superpowered group, the X-Men, led by Professor Xavier.

Based at his school for gifted students, where the ethos is on fostering good will for mutants like themselves, in a world where certain individuals are born with extraordinary powers, and many ordinary humans fear them for it.

This new chapter in the X-Men motion picture franchise reveals more secrets and introduces a host of new characters, with the non-stop action culminating in the ultimate showdown between good and evil.

http://www.megastar.co.uk/freebies/news/2006/01/09/sMEG01MTEzNjgxNzY3Mjg.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"