X-Men 3 Online - Articles on X3

'X-Men 3' actor Vinnie Jones likes working for Brett Ratner so much that once he finishes playing a mutant for him, he’ll join Ratner again on the set of 'Rush Hour 3'.

Jones plays the mutant heavy Juggernaut in the third 'X-Men' movie, due out this summer. Vinnie confirmed his 'Rush' casting on an Irish television station this weekend.

We’ve heard no confirmation yet on exactly what part the rough and tumble actor will play in the Jackie Chan/Chris Tucker sequel, but it seems likely he’ll play another tough guy, probably a villain.

'Rush Hour 3' is currently still in early pre-production, though Jackie Chan and Christ Tucker have already signed up to return to the franchise as has director Brett Ratner. With Ratner working on 'X3' till at least this summer, work on 'Rush Hour 3' probably won’t begin in earnest until the latter half of 2006. Right now it’s slated for release in August of 2007.

http://movies.monstersandcritics.com/news/article_1076563.php/Rush_Hour_adds_a_Juggernaut

“X-Men 3”

Although the X-Men franchise is going on without director Bryan Singer (who swapped X-Men with Brett Ratner, the original director of Superman Returns), it doesn’t look like it will lose any of its appeal. The new trailer can be viewed at www.apple.com.

According to the movie’s Web site, X3 will revolve around a cure being found for the mutant condition; once it goes public the lines are drawn between the X-Men and the Brotherhood of Mutants. Kelsey Grammer of “Frasier” comes into the fold as the blue-furred Beast, along with a host of other new characters, including The Angel and Juggernaut. The film opens May 26.

http://www.oudaily.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2006/01/16/43cc73a38d406

Found this article on cinemablend.com, a negative preview of the film, which is annoying to read! Just thought I'd post it to see what you guys think...

http://www.cinemablend.com/review.php?id=707

Previewed by Joshua Tyler: 2006-01-11

Plot details are currently pretty sketchy, but here's what rumor would have you believe of the thrid X-Men film's story: It's likely the the film revisits some of the same ideas from previous X-Films. There's a mutant whose mutant ability is being harnassed into something to kill off other mutans by mutant-haters. The X-Men have to stop him. Halle Berry gets the biggest role, and several other, more interesting and important X-Men may die. Somewhere in the mix may be Sentinels, and the Phoenix saga, which I'm not going to explain if you don't already know about it for fear of spoilers. According to people involved, the Phoenix will only be at best a secondary stoyline to the tired old premise of mutant-killing superweapon.

Ditched by Bryan Singer for the higher-profile (and less likely to be good) next Superman movie, X3 remains a bit of a confusing mess, even the cast is uncertain. Brett Ratner is definitely the man helming it, and though he's a capable director, capable of making a decent film, he needs the right circumstances in which to do it. These don't look like the right circumstances. The film is being tampered with heavily by Fox executives. The script sounds terrible, and Halle Berry appears to be taking over the franchise and pushing all the other established characters right out. Brett Ratner is packing the movie with more new mutant characters than you can shake a stick at, the thing has to be headed for character overload. And it's not as if any of them are good characters, they're all throwaway people from the comics... I mean X3 will actually have a MUTANT smoreE. Meanwhile, fantastic characters like Nightcrawler won't even be making an appearance and other beloved characters from the previous films are rumored to be dead quite early on in the movie to make more room for Halle Berry to hog the screen. It's a grade A disastor in the making, and the once luminous X-men series is on the verge of meltdown. It's hard to believe this movie will be any good.
There are a few bright spots. The casting of Kelsey Grammar as Beast is an interesting, and unconventional choice.He could bring something great to the movie. Ok, actually that's the only bright spot. Unless there's some sort of drastic change in the production, this movie is doomed doomed doomed. It's a shame, X2 was an amazing, wonderful film that set things up perfectly for the franchise to continue. Fox is flushing all of that and the X-Men franchise along with it.

Oh God...he is the most negative, superman fan, halle hater, idiot I have ever not seen in person.

If I were his friend I would tell him that I wasnt anymore. I hope his internet wires get cut and he cant post crap like this ever again.

I hope he goes to see X-Men 3 and I hope he likes it a lot! I hope he walks out of the cinema with white stains on his pants and I hope he comes home, joins this forum under the name of 'Forgive me' and posts frantically about wanting X-Men 4 badly. I hope he then goes to Halle Berry's website and becomes a Groover!

He does seem like a bit of an outright negative person, he doesn't even think Superman Returns will be good. So Stacy X was a smoree in the X-Men comics, that doesn't mean they're gonna transfer those characteristics into her character on film. I dunno how he knows the film is being tampered with by Fox executives - he most likely doesn't know! Same goes for the rumoured script which even AICN, at the time of their rumoured script exposee realised there were good/positive aspects - good news considering that rumoured script was a very early draft which has presumably gone through re-writes and been improved upon. This is exactly what I was mentioning earlier, I really hope Ratner pulls off X3 and is heavily vindicated, with idiots like this finding they actually liked the film, although whether they admit it or not is another thing!

Just posted on the AP/Yahoo News service in their 2006 preview:
X3" (May 26): Those marvelous mutants return for what could be the final chapter in the "X-Men" saga. The whole crew is back, including Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Rebecca Romijn and Famke Janssen, whose character seemingly died a watery death at the end of "X2: X-Men United."

With Singer moving on to "Superman Returns," directing duties fell to Brett Ratner, maker of the "Rush Hour" flicks.

This time out, the superpowered mutants find themselves slowly being more accepted into a society that feared them as freaks, only to face new turmoil when a "cure" is discovered for their mutant condition.

"If you could actually get rid of your special power which alienates you from the rest of the world, would you do it?" said Jackman, who reprises his role as Wolverine. "It's a metaphor very much about intolerance, I think, fear of anything that's different. If you could choose to not be Jewish or not be gay or not be African-American. Life maybe is not as easy if you're a minority. Would you take the opportunity to change that if you could?"

Jackman said "X3" would conclude the "X-Men" trilogy, though a Wolverine solo movie is in the works.

Electrix said:
Oh God...he is the most negative, superman fan, halle hater, idiot I have ever not seen in person.

If I were his friend I would tell him that I wasnt anymore. I hope his internet wires get cut and he cant post crap like this ever again.

I hope he goes to see X-Men 3 and I hope he likes it a lot! I hope he walks out of the cinema with white stains on his pants and I hope he comes home, joins this forum under the name of 'Forgive me' and posts frantically about wanting X-Men 4 badly. I hope he then goes to Halle Berry's website and becomes a Groover!

Don't waste your breath--I've already talked to this guy on occasions in the past and he's pretty bad place-bent on hating X3.

Let 'em.:o

“X3” (May 26)
Those marvelous mutants return for what could be the final chapter in the “X-Men” saga. The whole crew is back, including Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Rebecca Romijn and Famke Janssen, whose character seemingly died a watery death at the end of “X2: X-Men United.”

With Singer moving on to “Superman Returns,” directing duties fell to Brett Ratner, maker of the “Rush Hour” flicks.

This time out, the superpowered mutants find themselves slowly being more accepted into a society that feared them as freaks, only to face new turmoil when a “cure” is discovered for their mutant condition.

“If you could actually get rid of your special power which alienates you from the rest of the world, would you do it?” said Jackman, who reprises his role as Wolverine. “It’s a metaphor very much about intolerance, I think, fear of anything that’s different. If you could choose to not be Jewish or not be gay or not be African-American. Life maybe is not as easy if you’re a minority. Would you take the opportunity to change that if you could?”

Jackman said “X3” would conclude the “X-Men” trilogy, though a Wolverine solo movie is in the works.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10896353/

POLL:

Click Here and vote for X-Men 3 now!

A positive review of X-men 3 teaser from Ew.com

I wouldn't care if you told me it's directed by the guy who made Glitter (though it's actually the much-maligned Brett Ratner), the new teaser for X3 looks pretty darn enticing. True, there's not a whole lot to go on, but the mere sight of Wolverine, Storm (sporting a fetching new 'do), and Jean Grey (or should I say Phoenix?) makes me forget there's icky, gray slush on the ground, and fast-forwards me right into summer blockbuster season. Not only that, but the awesome sight of Six Feet Under's Ben Foster unfurling his wings as Angel is enough to counteract the fact that my least favorite character, ho-hum Cyclops, is back for the third installment in the X-Men series, due May 26, 2006.

But that's just my opinion. What's your take on the first look at X3?

Was that C+ review printed in that mag? :confused:

EW is always going to pimp the time-warner baby (Supes) in the mags over X3.

N_z0 said:
A positive review of X-men 3 teaser from Ew.com

Was that C+ review printed in that mag? :confused:

Now this is what they should've printed in the magazine. The C+ review in the mag was just talking about "questionable makeup" and some other stupid stuff. :down

X3 (May 26): Those marvelous mutants return for what could be the final chapter in the X-Men saga. The whole crew is back, including Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Rebecca Romijn and Famke Janssen, whose character seemingly died a watery death at the end of X2: X-Men United.

With new director Brett Ratner at the helm, the super-powered mutants find themselves slowly being more accepted into a society that feared them as freaks, only to face new turmoil when a “cure” is discovered for their mutant condition.

“If you could actually get rid of your special power which alienates you from the rest of the world, would you do it?” said Jackman, who reprises his role as Wolverine. “It's a metaphor very much about intolerance, I think, fear of anything that's different. If you could choose to not be Jewish or not be gay or not be African-American. Life maybe is not as easy if you're a minority. Would you take the opportunity to change that if you could?”

Jackman said X3 would conclude the X-Men trilogy, though a Wolverine solo movie is in the works.

http://www.canada.com/topics/entert...=c0380826-6de2-45af-9faa-7943a8efc6a5&k=18860

From AICN:

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22233

Vinnie Jones spills a bit about The Juggernaut!

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with a nice healthy rumor about the character of Juggernaut, supposedly from the lips of the big behemoth himself, Vinnie Jones. It's not much, but when it comes to a series like the X-Men films every little tidbit adds up. I hope Ratner delivers the goods. I'm not holding my breath, but I'm semi-optimistic. No matter what, I really like the casting of Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut. Let's see how the character is executed onscreen. Let's hope those one-liners he mentions aren't too horrible.

Just a titbit from here in Sunny England, not sure if you have heard any of this before but here we go.

Just watching an interview with soccer hard man turned actor Vinny Jones on a morning show called GMTV. Vinny was at a charity poker tournament, where 1 of the items under auction was his chair from the set of xmen 3. When asked about the film he said he had go through 4 hours of makeup every morning to get ready for the role of juggernaut, which included the boots. He also said that he had some good 1 liners in the movie, & that his character, although he didnt have much screen time, played an important role in the film.

Move importantly he revealed that he has signed for Xmen 4 & 5 !!!!!!!!

Hope this is of some interest.
Stigdog

Not much screen time-yes.Means more for better characters.

:o God, I've never seen a film or a man have so many haters before it's even out. You'd so think Ratner was the anti-christ or something.

Vinnie Jones felt "underused" in 'X-Men 3'
Saturday, January 21 2006, 11:58 GMT -- by Daniel Kilkelly

Vinnie Jones has admitted that he feels he was "underused" in X-Men 3.

"You always feel underused in these big films," he explained. "But I've got some fantastic little one-liners in it."

The actor has also complained about the make-up he had to wear for his role as Juggernaut.

"We had prosthetics and massive boots on," he told GMTV. "It took four hours every morning to put it all on, it was a complete nightmare. I used to go in the trailer and Sir Ian McKellen was there going 'Morning!' And that was it, I'd just sit back and let them get on with it."

Despite his feelings, the hardman has agreed to appear in the next two films in the series

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds28313.html

JustABill said:
:o God, I've never seen a film or a man have so many haters before it's even out. You'd so think Ratner was the anti-christ or something.

Uwe Boll.... :D

Four hours? Don´t be such a girl Vinnie. :) Didn´t it take much longer to do Rebecca´s and Alan´s make up...?

Yes. Ah, I forgot about the dreaded Boll virus. Bringing death to all video game properties hoping to have great films.

Oh, Uwe... There is nothing I can say about him that hasn´t already been said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"