Apocalypse X-Men: Apocalypse coming in 2016!

Of course they will be back, i'm sure of it.

Fox executives would never greenlight an X-Men 'event movie' like X-Men: Apocalypse without some big names to prop it up.

And it will partly depend on the critics' response to the cast in DoFP. (as well as the box office of course).

How are they going to be involved if its more a first class movie, possibly the origin of some of some of the xmen characters with apocalypse?

And people always say that about it will depend on the critics, so if they rave about Patrick Stewart that will mean they will bring him back or force him into the script, I'm not sure it will work that way, they can rave about Hugh jackman every movie but if they choose to make it without him they will

They are either gonna be involved or they ain't, it won't change once the movie is out and fox will demand some of the OT return in the script

Last edited:
How are they going to be involved if its more a first class movie, possibly the origin of some of some of the xmen characters with apocalypse?

And people always say that about it will depend on the critics, so if they rave about Patrick Stewart that will mean they will bring him back or force him into the script, I'm not sure it will work that way, they can rave about Hugh jackman every movie but if they choose to make it without him they will

They are either gonna be involved or they ain't, it won't change once the movie is out and fox will demand some of the OT return in the script

It depends if they dare continue a time-spanning story when they introduce Apocalypse. That could mean seeing the original trilogy cast again.

But if at the end of DoFP they show a happy future, as a result of fixing stuff in the past, then that's basically saying bye-bye to all the original trilogy cast (except Jackman, if he goes on to do Wolverine 3) and giving them a nice send-off. No more Ian, Patrick, Halle, Famke, James Marsden, Anna Paquin, Shawn Ashmore, Ellen Page, Daniel Cudmore.

If that's the case, then Fox/Singer will be hoping that the momentum from DoFP will enable McAvoy, Fassbender, Lawrence and Hoult can carry a film (plus whoever they cast as the first proper X-Men team and whoever they cast as Apocalypse).

Difficult to see how it all pans out. I can't believe they have fixed it all in stone yet, though. This franchise has a long history of changing things with each movie, depending on circumstances.

They may not be back in Apocalypse, but hearing the producers have an eye on expanding universes and fans' desire to see everyone, it's looking more promising that there will be more for the OT cast in the future.

It's likely they will be seen again in some form or another at some point

Honestly, after X-Men: Apocalypse comes and goes along with any other spin-offs, are people really going to be clamoring to see the OT again? Especially since we have no clue when after Apocalypse the next full-fledged X-team movie comes out? I'm gonna have to go with a no.

The franchise is going to have to go the route that keeps it fresh and relevant.

There is plenty of room to do whatever with both casts for whenever a story for it pops up

Although Its spin off that seems to be what fox are mostly after, ESP the way Simon kinberg made it sound

It's likely they will be seen again in some form or another at some point

If they are excluded from Apocalypse then I would seriously doubt the likelihood of seeing them again outside of anything other than a Wolverine 3.

I can't see them appearing in apocalypse in a new timelines future scenes because I'd guess most of the film would be on the FC cast again, it would complete these 3 films and create a trilogy, and unless it's another time travel story then to have scenes of the OT in the future would basically just say well this is how it ends so anything they do in the past to set up this new timeline is pointless

Unless its a very open physical timetravel taking characters from the future

Honestly, after X-Men: Apocalypse comes and goes along with any other spin-offs, are people really going to be clamoring to see the OT again? Especially since we have no clue when after Apocalypse the next full-fledged X-team movie comes out? I'm gonna have to go with a no.

The franchise is going to have to go the route that keeps it fresh and relevant.
Yeah, the original cast is so irrelevant that they had to be brought back after almost a decade to save this franchise... :dry:

Yeah, the original cast is so irrelevant that they had to be brought back after almost a decade to save this franchise... :dry:

What? How were they brought back to save this franchise? It was Vaughn that pretty much got them brought back when they pitched the Idea of DOFP, it wasn't even in the original plan by fox as it was said they had no intention of having the OT involved originally in the first class sequel, there is no they were brought back to save this franchise, they were brought back to tell this story lol

Last edited:

They were brought back to save the franchise yet the movie is still all about the First Class set of characters and the upcoming sequel is as well. Yea, not following this train of logic...

How did you think they were going to do the DOFP storyline WITHOUT bringing back the original set of characters? I'm not saying they couldn't have, but it would certainly be weird. Not to mention, it wasn't even until Singer jumped on as director that they started coming back...so no, I would say Fox probably wasn't clamoring to get them back.

What? How were they brought back to save this franchise? It was Vaughn that pretty much got them brought back when it wasn't even in the original plan by fox, it was even said fox had no intention of having the OT involved originally, there is no they were brought back to save this franchise lol

I'd say FC gave this franchise new hope

FC was great but it didn't help the franchise financially, actually it had the lowest gross of the series.
DoFP is making the biggest buzz for an X-Men film since 2006, and you have mainly the return of the original cast to thank for that.

The OT were likely brought back to complete that story arc from the previous films, not saying they won't be back again but the current OT X1,X2,X3 to DOFP arc will be closed off it sounds like

They were brought back to save the franchise yet the movie is still all about the First Class set of characters and the upcoming sequel is as well. Yea, not following this train of logic...

How did you think they were going to do the DOFP storyline WITHOUT bringing back the original set of characters? I'm not saying they couldn't have, but it would certainly be weird. Not to mention, it wasn't even until Singer jumped on as director that they started coming back...so no, I would say Fox probably wasn't clamoring to get them back.

I'm just saying that if the FC was so fresh and relevant, we would be anticipating FC2 right now, not DoFP.

The OT were likely brought back to complete that story arc from the previous films, not saying they won't be back again but the current OT X1,X2,X3 to DOFP arc will be closed off it sounds like

I'm not denying this.

I'm just saying that if the FC was so fresh and relevant, we would be anticipating FC2 right now, not DoFP.

But it was Vaughn the director of first class that stopped that from happening, not FOX, kinberg in interviews has said he and Vaughn were planning out FC2 and where to take the characters and kinberg said why don't they adapt DOFP? apparently thinking Vaughn wouldn't think it was possible to do but Vaughn said yes lets do it and it went on from there

Fox were all ready to get FC2 so The change in film direction had nothing to do with the result of FC

Last edited:
Difficult to see how it all pans out. I can't believe they have fixed it all in stone yet, though. This franchise has a long history of changing things with each movie, depending on circumstances.

Damn right!

Who knew we would see the original cast again after the critical hit that was First Class.

Clearly people are clamoring for new faces and spin-offs that First Class and The Wolverine didn't even outgross X1 in the United States.

Familiarity sells, and when it comes to the X-Men movies, its with the original cast, because the franchise started and peaked with them.

But it was Vaughn the director of first class that stopped that from happening, not FOX, kinberg in interviews has said he and Vaughn were planning out FC2 and where to take the characters and kinberg said why don't they adapt DOFP? apparently thinking Vaughn wouldn't think it was possible to do but Vaughn said yes lets do it and it went on from there

Fox were all ready to get FC2 so The change in film direction had nothing to do with the result of FC

Not to be a total cynic, but it's rare that you're going to have anybody involved with a film come out and say that decisions were made based on the money and profits. Even though it's a movie business, when it comes to interviews like these everyone still prefers to talk as if everything that matters is the "story" and every decision is creatively driven.

Though I think that the reason for DoFP and the old cast returning is not as much the result of FC than the result of The Avengers. It's the same reason why the new Spider-Man looks crammed with villains and why the next Superman movie has Batman. I doubt that these decisions were made because they just really wanted "to tell the story", either.

Well to be fair when I watched FC I thought the next thing they should do is DOFP with the OT cast. When it happened I was ecstatic.

I'm not in these threads every day so forgive me if this has already been discussed in the past but depending on how long ago they already had X-men: Apocalypse in mind to come out after DoFP, does anyone else think his regeneration chamber might be under that ancient temple? I'm not saying they'll have an after credits sequence with him awakening or anything but I'm wondering if that set will be used in the next movie.

It's an idea that's come up many times, yes.

Actually whilst developing FC2, Fox suggested briging back Mckellen and Stewart. Then Kinberg thought of the DOFP storyline as a way to incorporate those two and Vaughn went let's bring back more OT not just Picard and Gandalf.

That's why Jean Valjean, Catwoman, Juno, Sookie stackhouse etc are in this movie.

Actually whilst developing FC2, Fox suggested briging back Mckellen and Stewart. Then Kinberg thought of the DOFP storyline as a way to incorporate those two and Vaughn went let's bring back more OT not just Picard and Gandalf.

That's why Jean Valjean, Catwoman, Juno, Sookie stackhouse etc are in this movie.

Yeah I read that they suggested to bring back Stewart and mckellen as like book ends and not actually have a role in the actual story, then Vaughn and kinberg looked at ways they could make it work and then as I mentioned in previous post kinberg said why don't they just do days of future past thinking Vaughn wouldn't think it was possible to film

All this was in a magazine article I believe, that still has nothing to do with the overall quality of FC

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"