Apocalypse X-Men: Apocalypse coming in 2016!

After over a decade of anticipation you can't tease Apocalypse and then do some half assed Magneto possession angle.

After over a decade of anticipation you can't tease Apocalypse and then do some half assed Magneto possession angle.

An angle that may only amount to the beginning of the film. They can exorcise the host body and fight him in his true form after. This has all happened in the books.

Exactly. Apocalypse is, potentially, far too visually intriguing to not be on screen physically. Half assed idea indeed, if true.

SPOILERS TALK!

Damm, guys, Why the hell dont you respect the other users using spoilers tag????

Dislike the magneto part and cable being wolverine part... but I do like fantastic four helping out but I hope this rumor is shot down quickly

Apocalypse has been known to need host bodies (like in "Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix" and "The Twelve"), but I don't like that particular idea that seems to be proposed there. We'll see how it all turns out.

The story that I heard is that Singer passed on directing X-Men because he wasn't a comic book fan. Then later on, he actually READ some X-Men comics and realized that they could make for good movies.

I don't think he read the comics, I think he watched the animated series.

Can we please wait and see if this rumor is actually true before declaring failure, pretty please?

yeah if you're going to do possession then call this xmen: onslaught. It's not a bad idea but there are better ideas out there.

Still maybe that's why this rumour was "leaked". To avoid getting everyone's hopes up so they can really suprise us

Wait, so Apocalypse is a different version of Magneto as well as Onslaught? Weird.

Anyway, my hope is that a few decades later, Apocalypse doesn't look just like Magneto. Also, the Apocalypse that possesses Magneto is a version defeated in the future who heads to the past to prepare himself so this time he'll emerge stronger and have a few decades of prep time.

the Apocalypse/Magneto hybrid would look like Onslaught and be the villain early on, then when Magneto is returned to his normal self, he should be regular old Apocalypse while Michael Fassbender is Magneto again, but appears younger than he's supposed to be due to being Onslaught since the 70s. Ian McKellan is getting to old now so this is the best way to handle recasting him as it doesn't involve Joseph running around. I mean, when people list their favorite X-Men characters, who names Joseph?

And I really, really hope that Wolverine isn't Cable this time around. That twist in Ultimate was absolutely horrible.

After thinking this over, I'm now convinced that Magneto will actually be a horseman. My predictions are

War = Onslaught
Death = Archangel
Pestilence = Sugar Man
Famine = Nemesis

That and Apocalypse will probably inject Xavier with a techno organic virus that kills him early on like Stryfe did in X-Cutioner's Song. This causes Cable to have to return to the past and gather reinforcements from previous X-Men, bringing Gambit, Young Xavier and Havok into the present.

Using the Ultimate origin for Cable would be a huge mistake, IMO. I just don't see them doing it. Considering he will most likely be the lead in X-Force, they should use the "classic" version of the character.

I bet he will be classic Cable. Because in this new universe, Scott and Jean live

The hunt for footless actors with cartoonishly exaggerated physiques is on!

F0mIqMP.jpg

So which actor would you like as Apocalypse? I like Jefferey Wright he has the right voice.

Last edited:
Isn't any actor too short for Apocalypse really? He always looked about 8-9 feet in the cartoon.

They could just use mo-cap like they did with Mark Ruffalo's Hulk or Gollum from LOTR.

Dislike the magneto part and cable being wolverine part... but I do like fantastic four helping out but I hope this rumor is shot down quickly

Unless they're moving fast to recast Hugh I have trouble seeing that one being true. It sounds like someone is just using the Ultimate X-men comics as a basis for a rumour.

I really hope not at least. Really hope they don't mess with Cable like that.

I'm just reposting this from a different thread.

I hope that the plot is a mix of The Twelve, Endgame, Fall of the Mutants and X-Cutioner's Song. Sugar Man and Nemesis can be the two references to the AOA storyline, as can some level of time travel to bring young Charles Xavier and Gambit into the present.

The plot would be that Xavier gets attacked by a young Magneto who infects him with a techno-organic virus which kills him. Then Magneto/Apocalypse transforms into Onslaught who fights the X-Men to a standstill. Cable then intervenes and scares off Onslaught. Cable informs the X-Men that Xavier and Magneto were defeated by Apocalypse and they were both part of a prophecy foretelling Apocalypse's death. His plan to defeat Apocalypse involves traveling back in time, bringing Xavier to the present and then curing Magneto as he's become a horseman. He promises not to destroy time itself as a mysterious benefactor whom even Cable himself doesn't know, gave him the power to clone Xavier back in the 70s who would both age quickly and retain all of Xavier's memories. As Cable travels back in time, onslaught appears along with three others who Apocalypse merged with in different timelines, one of which is Angel who was cured of his mutation by his father and wanted to be able to fly again, the other two are a hideous creation known as Sugar Man and mysterious being named Nemesis.

Cable meets up with old Xavier, performs the process of splitting Xavier into two people and prepares to return to the present along with Magneto's daughter Polaris. Quicksilver doesn't trust Cable and demands that he come along, as Polaris is his sister while Havok and Gambit follow suit by demanding to go to the future to see Xavier. This is where Cable tells Havok that he's his grandson and all the proof that he'll need lies in our present day. Cable takes the four of them into the present, regroups with the X-Men, Wolverine kills Nemesis who Apocalypse claims was his son and then sees who Cable brought with him from the past. Young Xavier expels Onslaught from Magneto, turning him back into merely a de-aged version of himself. Apocalypse then summons yet forcefully converts Wolverine and Gambit into horsemen as vengeance while infecting a young Cable with the same techno organic virus which forces Beast to freeze him so he may be thawed out when the time is right.

Cable requires the Fantastic Four to meet him in Egypt where twelve heroes will defeat Apocalypse once and for all. Magneto and Polaris representing opposite poles, Storm, Human Torch and Iceman representing the elements, Cyclops, Phoenix and Cable representing the passage of time, Xavier being the mind, The Invisible Woman and Havok being space and time, and then The Thing as the core. Shadowcat, Colossus, Quicksilver, Rogue and Nightcrawler will handle the horsemen while Beast and Reed Richards ensure that Cable's younger self is able to be preserved for future generations.

Rogue is the one to defeat Gambit by stealing his power and reverting him back to his normal self while Colossus fights Wolverine, Quicksilver fights Sugar Man and Archangel does battle with Shadowcat and Nightcrawler. Apocalypse then informs the Twelve that even should they win, there are enough different versions of Apocalypse from different timelines that he WILL rise again. Apocalypse then engages in a massive battle taking place at the same time as the other X-Men fight the Horsemen. Cyclops deals the finishing blow to Apoclypse right as Apoclypse is about to kill Cable but with his dying breath he begins fusing with Cyclops before Cable defeats him for good by harnessing the same dark Phoenix powers that Jean used in X3. The world is saved, at least for now. Archangel joins the X-Men as with this timeline's Apocalypse now dead he's completely free of his control. Cable declines the opportunity to join saying that he'd rather travel the world now that his horrible future never existed.

Mid-Credits scene. Gambit, Havok, Quicksilver and Polaris are walking down a street in San Francisco when they encounter Rictor and Multiple Man. They explain that they are part of a temporal anomaly and worth studying. Quicksilver replies that he's not a lab rat. Another Multiple Man appears and then tells him that he's with the military and is far more interested in recruiting them, then a third Multiple Man asks Havok as ex-military himself, if he'd like to lead.

Post-credits scene. Cable's "mysterious benefactor" is cloaked in shadow but visible enough to be seen drinking some sort of liquor in a rather expensive looking chair. He picks up the phone and asks if Nathan Summers figured out who he was, he then says, "No? Then all is going according to plan. Shaw's killer should now be lucid enough to truly pay for his sins. (pauses and nods) Yes, Mister Creed, he travels with Lensherr now as well, You will have your vengeance as well." The mystery man then hangs up his cell phone, turns off his antique phonograph and we see Sinister's face emerge as he leans forward and cracks a smile.

See people, AOA isn't needed as a storyline to tell this and still be true to the comics.

We now know unequivocally that this is going to be a FC movie, which does kind of lend credence to a rumor that surfaced recently from a site called FirstShowing.Net.

It's going to feature ccast of First Class not trilogy

So likely
James Mcavoy
Michael Fassbender
Jennifer Lawrence
Nicholas Hoult

Apocalypse is likely
a Magneto/Apocalypse merged being

Gambit and deadpool are prime candiates for inclusion due to Bryan Singer,who's directing,comments about wanting to use them.

The only way Characters like Cyclops,Jean,Storm,Angel,Iceman,Rogue will be In film will be If they treat It as outright reboot through timetravel besides X-Men first Class and 1973 part of Days of future past.

It's possable APocalypse could set up X-Force.

My reaction at the announcement of X-Men: Apocolypse:
"Wow, that's pretty awesome, good work Singer, Fox is finally letting you have the freedom you need to tell awesome stories"

My reaction to all the subsequent rumors since:
"F*** you Fox, gettin my hopes up, thinking you'd changed"

But then, Singer was the producer on that overrated turd "First Class", so I don't know why I'm still surprised. My anticipation for DoFP was pretty high, but now I'm knocking it back down to more realistic levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"