Apocalypse X-Men Apocalypse News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think at the end only Storm will join the X-Men. Because she's the one who I think Xavier will attempt to get to. He knows who she is especially because Logan mentioned her to him and Xavier saw their future and knew Storm was apart of the X-Men.

I could see Angel being brought back for other movies but I doubt he would join them straight after and Psylocke well who knows. I reckon she would go off with Magneto to be honest.

There is no other team for them to join right now, and even if they leave without joining, if you bring them back for more movies (which I'm pretty sure there will be), you're still not solving the problem of having 3 characters - them and Storm - going through the exact same arc at the exact same time.

You know what I'm saying, there's a high chance there will be an XForce movie as well as a New Mutants movie so they could easily move them to another especially with XForce so they won't have to turn all completely good.

We are getting about two X-Men related films a year now and they are two potentially big characters. So yeah, hopefully that's the case. Sooner rather then later someone is gonna want to use them again.

A group of people going through the same arc is quite a common thing in character stories. :huh: That's often the reason they are in that group. What about all these isolated youngsters (mutants) facing the emergence of these strange powers and overcoming them through guidance and training and becoming part of a team. Should only one character be allowed that arc too? X-Man?

I suppose whose to say storm joins the X-men to atone for her actions? That may not be the case at al

I think there is a 20% chance they could join the X-Men but since psylocke and angel likely don't have arcs they would feel a little like X-Men extras.

I have serious doubts that they will join the X-Men but you never know with singer

Even if they do join the X-Men, all that could be thrown out in the next movie.

The end of First Class showed a new Brotherhood consisting of Magneto, Mystique, Angel Salvadore, Emma Frost, Azazel and Riptide. I was interested to see where that would lead next, especially with Magneto saying they would form their own society (Genosha!)

And then in DoFP, Emma and Azazel were mentioned as being dead, Angel Salvadore was shown as being dead and Riptide was never even mentioned.

So whatever happens at the end of XMA may not even be acknowledged or dealt with in the next movie. They have shown they will abandon ideas and characters at the drop of a hat, to suit the ideas they have for the next movie.

If I had to guess..

Magnus goes off on his own.
PSylocke too(not with Magnus)
angel dies
Storm joins the X-men.

Hi guys. Anyone have any idea of what Apocalypse's power are going to be? He really looks powerful in the trailer.

A group of people going through the same arc is quite a common thing in character stories. :huh: That's often the reason they are in that group. What about all these isolated youngsters (mutants) facing the emergence of these strange powers and overcoming them through guidance and training and becoming part of a team. Should only one character be allowed that arc too? X-Man?

The bolded is not an arc; it's a premise.

I mean, you can have Psylocke confronting how before she essentially was an assassin before the Horsemen. Out of all the Horsemen, Psylocke is the only one to have actively harm with her powers. How the fact that she is "aware" of Apocalypse and how she didn't need to be given his "cult leader pitch" is ironically makes her feel more at fault.

And Angel. Well, I guess he could have an arc where he tries to see there's good in the world. Assuming he still has the Warren Worthington wealth background, he was living life with luxury, giving him sense of entitlement. Daddy starts to reject him, Angel thinks he can make it on his own in the world...until the underworld just eats him alive, fighting in cage matches in desperation. By the time he's a Horsemen, he's given this notion that the world's against him. He could see that there's actual good out there, and how there's no "entitlement" he'll have to work for what's his, but that also doesn't mean going at it alone.

^ We see him fighting Kurt in a cage, so Warren definitely isn't living a life of privilege before Apocalypse finds him.

The bolded is not an arc; it's a premise.

Hmmmmmmmmm, I'm feeling generous so I might let you have that one. :)

As for whether it would be inappropriate to have 3 guys facing the redemption storyline the first thought would be that it depends slightly on how willingly they became Apocalypse's horsemen. If there's not a whole lot of coercion needed (possibly the case on Magneto, although I'm not covering him here) then it's a huge redemption job while something nearer Hawkeye type mind control not so much. Plus they could be handled totally differently. If Storm is going to be built up as a future leader then this will be the one that needs to be a full successful redemption. Angel/Archangel could be haunted long term and unable to function properly in a team with psychological problems and failed relationships/anguish etc. Psylocke on the other hand could be less sorry over the whole thing and stay on the boundaries of the good/dark side, always susceptible to follow a leader like Magneto in future. Could be interesting if Storm is accepted by the team and the other 2 less so and also might push them together and towards a relationship a bit like the comics.

As far as I know, each of those Apocalypse chooses as his "Horsemen" join him willingly, no coercion or mind control involved.

I don't think Jubilee dies. I believe she's the one watching over the remaining students after the mansion is destroyed. I also think Wolverine will cameo in the Alkali Lake rescue sequence, hence Stryker's appearance. Maybe Wolverine joins them in the climactic battle too!

The personalities and backgrounds are quite different, but with his indestructible claws and crazy athleticism Black Panther appears to be positioned as the MCU Logan. At least in terms of fighting style and abilities.

True

And he's moving a lot nicer than Wolverine ever did.

Thats my main problem with X-men films. Powers never come close to translating correctly. Marvel is on point with that, and that means an awful lot to me.

True

Thats my main problem with X-men films. Powers never come close to translating correctly. Marvel is on point with that, and that means an awful lot to me.

*ahem* except for Scarlet Witch.

This is not a knock on Marvel because her comic book powers are hard to adapt so it's understandable, but replacing her skillset with what was essentially telekinesis and telepathy was fairly unimaginative IMO.

Put Angel and STorm into the X-Men then transport Psylocke/Apocalypse into the future to meet the X-Men in the present and Deadpool!

Put Angel and STorm into the X-Men then transport Psylocke/Apocalypse into the future to meet the X-Men in the present and Deadpool!

I really wanted future X-Men Movies with the OT cast but after seeing the new generation in action I'd rather they stay with the 80's/90s X-men now...and that era, especially with a tease of those 80s costumes! Unless they do an 'All New X-men' and transport the younger versions into the future. I like the vibe of the new cast, they just feel perfectly cast and there's so many stories they can tell with them now it's a new timeline.

I'm happy with the next X-Men movies focusing on the younger generation in the 80s/90s. Movies set in the future can be new mutants, X-Force, Deadpool etc

I love the OT cast but DoFP was a great send off for a lot of them. Ellen, Shawn, Ian, Halle, Famke, James, Kelsey etc. Except Rogue which is why I'm hoping she at least gets a last chance in the next Wolverine or Gambit movie. And if what Patrick said is true about Wolverine we will be seeing him in that.

I'm happy with the next X-Men movies focusing on the younger generation in the 80s/90s. Movies set in the future can be new mutants, X-Force, Deadpool etc

I love the OT cast but DoFP was a great send off for a lot of them. Ellen, Shawn, Ian, Halle, Famke, James, Kelsey etc. Except Rogue which is why I'm hoping she at least gets a last chance in the next Wolverine or Gambit movie. And if what Patrick said is true about Wolverine we will be seeing him in that.

Ditto, was a nice send off. Bring on the new 80s generation!

safe_image.php

The Facebook account just posted this and it really highlights how bad the bodysuit is. It really has deteriorated with each movie. The blue screen looks pretty terrible too. Given the budget we should be getting better than this.

safe_image.php

The Facebook account just posted this and it really highlights how bad the bodysuit is. It really has deteriorated with each movie. The blue screen looks pretty terrible too. Given the budget we should be getting better than this.

Oh, look the same arguments...........again.

Because you know, the final product may be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugoodeww
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"