Apocalypse X-Men Apocalypse News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
after some of other things they have done people really think they will just have wolverine disappear entirely from X-Men films and not recast?

If when they redo phoenix,and i say that is given now,they want to ignore DOFP ending+wolverine solo film so they can adopt jean's death that means only things of jackman really part of official "Contunity" is FC cameo,1973 scenes of DOFP,and Apocalypse role.people then think if they recast james bond and batman they couldn't
recast Wolverine?

X-23 is rumored to be in new wolverine film set in future.the X-Men films are set In past.and it's open question how long the wolverine solo film will be part of "Contunity"

The Wolverine reveal was meh for never been a fan of the character but I do like Jackman. I know he is super popular but it just did nothing for me I can see if it was a new character possibly taking his place which is possible but I've seen Wolvie in like every movie. Though it's not overshadowing the other characters so it's not really a big deal. It would've been awesome since we seen the photo of the new costumes to actually see them in action would have been amazing.

You live in a delusional fanboy state if you think that that it's only 15 people who "don't care" about the X-Men who are "positive" on this board and the rest of the world does "care" and wants Mystique to be exactly like the comics when 80% of the people who watch cbms have never picked up a comic in their lives. :lmao:

dude.. im saying about 15 people in here are regulars... which is pretty accurate... and it's pretty split with those who want more comic accuracy and those who think it's a ridiculous notion... (OF THAT 15) never once said "there's only 15 people on this board who don't care about the X-men"

also.. you need to quit assuming crap.. how many discussions have we been over this TIME AND TIME AGAIN... when have i EVER said things need to be "EXACT"

for the person who keeps wanting to debate the MCU.. those films are not "exact" by any means...

but the main core heroes are all relatively similar in spirit and personality to the source material.. it's mostly just the stories that have been changed.. to me it's like placing the comic book characters on the big screen with new stories and how they would behave in such stories..

That's how i want the X-men to be.. not "EXACT" but when Mystique/Cyclops/Storm/Iceman/Kitty/Colossus/Rogue/Gambit/ etc... have all felt very "light" (and i'm putting this very very generously) on source material... for me that's a problem. There's no sense of familiarity... and as for someone who was just a big X-men/Spidey Fan up until Decimation.. which was the gate-way drug that got me hooked on everything else... the heroes of the MCU really do feel "in spirit" like the characters from the books they're meant to portray.. even when storylines and origins are muddled and shaken up... I can't say the same for the X-men...

and as i've said before.... it's looking quite better with X-men Apocalypse.. and hope it continues

and again.. as i've said before... Mystique and Beast are really my only complaints about this film thus far... everything else looks incredibly well done, translated, and cared for.

so if that makes me "delusional" so be it.

i'm just quoting a poster from a few pages back.. and i've seen the "only positive place on the internet" reference a few time before on here...

also i'm still a big fan on this franchise.. why complaining about mystique and characters = "I hate this franchise let it burn to the ground no one wants to see it" I'll never know...

ps. weren't you the one months ago saying RT and IMDB scores really don't matter or have proof of much?
It is not the only positive place. The end. People have varying thoughts from all over the web.

Just because everyone was blasting every film that wasn't The Dark Knight related back when those films cam out doesn't mean it was the only way to do comic book films. And that film btw was a reimagining and people by far loved it more than hated it but that film garnered negative attention too. Maybe more for those reimagings...again it does not negate it's quality overall.

I'm not equating that to that you are. We are simply saying some will zero in anything this franchise does while letting it pass other ones.

What you must be mistaking me for someone else... I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. I've never said thought or felt that.... I may have said sometimes critics favor certain franchises but IMDB is always a much easier way to find general audiences overall ratings on a film.

I do see what you mean Spideyboy and I do think with this movie they are trying to make it more comic accurate and make it so that we actually recognize these characters. Watching a movie with your favorite characters you grew up on you want them to be portrayed correctly not always 100% but mostly done right. I'm holding out high hopes with this film so far and I know they won't disappoint.

dude.. im saying about 15 people in here are regulars... which is pretty accurate... and it's pretty split with those who want more comic accuracy and those who think it's a ridiculous notion... (OF THAT 15) never once said "there's only 15 people on this board who don't care about the X-men"

also.. you need to quit assuming crap.. how many discussions have we been over this TIME AND TIME AGAIN... when have i EVER said things need to be "EXACT"

for the person who keeps wanting to debate the MCU.. those films are not "exact" by any means...

but the main core heroes are all relatively similar in spirit and personality to the source material.. it's mostly just the stories that have been changed.. to me it's like placing the comic book characters on the big screen with new stories and how they would behave in such stories..

That's how i want the X-men to be.. not "EXACT" but when Mystique/Cyclops/Storm/Iceman/Kitty/Colossus/Rogue/Gambit/ etc... have all felt very "light" (and i'm putting this very very generously) on source material... for me that's a problem. There's no sense of familiarity... and as for someone who was just a big X-men/Spidey Fan up until Decimation.. which was the gate-way drug that got me hooked on everything else... the heroes of the MCU really do feel "in spirit" like the characters from the books they're meant to portray.. even when storylines and origins are muddled and shaken up... I can't say the same for the X-men...

and as i've said before.... it's looking quite better with X-men Apocalypse.. and hope it continues

and again.. as i've said before... Mystique and Beast are really my only complaints about this film thus far... everything else looks incredibly well done, translated, and cared for.

so if that makes me "delusional" so be it.

It does because you're living in a fantasy land where as long as Marvel makes a change it's okay... because they change things "the right way" that is hypocritical at the least. You want it both ways. No one is making these films especially with your sentiments in mind and they don't need to. No, there is no "right way" to make an adaptation. An adaptation is just that.

Also you depict any of us who aren't nitpicking the franchise to death as just this minority who don't care about the source material as if most of us haven't planely admitted the franchises missteps. We just don't want to dwell on them like some Debbie Downer.

Bottom line:They would have stopped making them long ago if people really felt the way you make it out to be.

It is not the only positive place. The end. People have varying thoughts from all over the web.

Just because everyone was blasting every film that wasn't The Dark Knight related back when those films cam out doesn't mean it was the only way to do comic book films. And that film btw was a reimagining and people by far loved it more than hated it but that film garnered negative attention too. Maybe more for those reimagings...again it does not negate it's quality overall.

I'm not equating that to that you are. We are simply saying some will zero in anything this franchise does while letting it pass other ones.

What you must be mistaking me for someone else... I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. I've never said thought or felt that.... I may have said sometimes critics favor certain franchises but IMDB is always a much easier way to find general audiences overall ratings on a film.
Jaymes... I'm not the one calling it the "only positive place" others are... I'm just reiterating it.. this the quotations... I'm explaining to those who feel that way.. why it may feel that way to them and the hypocrisy of it...

I do see what you mean Spideyboy and I do think with this movie they are trying to make it more comic accurate and make it so that we actually recognize these characters. Watching a movie with your favorite characters you grew up on you want them to be portrayed correctly not always 100% but mostly done right. I'm holding out high hopes with this film so far and I know they won't disappoint.

Definitely. We may not always agree on everytging but I have great respect for you! We seem to understand each other

The fact this film feels the most "xmen like" xmen film thus far is very much the part that has me excited

It does because you're living in a fantasy land where as long as Marvel makes a change it's okay... because they change things "the right way" that is hypocritical at the least. You want it both ways. No one is making these films especially with your sentiments in mind and they don't need to. No, there is no "right way" to make an adaptation. An adaptation is just that.

Also you depict any of us who aren't nitpicking the franchise to death as just this minority who don't care about the source material as if most of us haven't planely admitted the franchises missteps. We just don't want to dwell on them like some Debbie Downer.

Bottom line:They would have stopped making them long ago if people really felt the way you make it out to be.
Jaymes... I think it'd best we BOTH quit responding to each other's posts... you Cleary dont get it and refuse to care, continue to be aggressively disrespectful and I'm completely tired and over it with you.

Stay clear of me and I'll stay clear of you

Do it not for me, but everyone else in this forum who's tired of seeing us in these round about discussions.

Jaymes... I'm not the one calling it the "only positive place" others are... I'm just reiterating it.. this the quotations... I'm explaining to those who feel that way.. why it may feel that way to them and the hypocrisy of it...

Oh well it seemed like you were calling out anyone on here who was "positive" as delusional to some fact that they needed to be on your side and think everything had to be verbatim like the comics. If I misunderstood I apologize but I felt that was what you alluded to.

Oh well it seemed like you were calling out anyone on here who was "positive" as delusional to some fact that they needed to be on your side and think everything had to be verbatim like the comics. If I misunderstood I apologize but I felt that was what you alluded to.
I never implied or said any of that.. what so ever. Was just saying it's absurd to act like source material and those who want a more familiar adaptation are crazy or don't matter.. which Cyclopswasright (whom the convo was directed at and whom I quoted) was exactly doing and has done multiple times

And if one felt this was the only positive place on the Web, suggesting maybe that's why...

Behold understood me, not sure why you didnt

Last edited:
.... have you actually read the OLD MAN LOGAN story?

Symbiote T-rex, Ashlee Barton Spider-Woman, Inbred Hulks, Red-Skull with his collection of hero memorabilia being essentially a big bad... Dead Giant Man... Mysterio driving Wolverine to go insane and kill everyone... blind hawkeye

FOX owns none of those characters...

and then throwing in X-23 possibly sabertooth, and a made up government villain (where none fit into the OML Story)

At best you have Xavier/Jason replacing Magneto, Cyclops replacing Hawkeye, Government agent replacing Red Skull? Blob replacing the hulk inbreds?

imo it's pretty clear if Old Man Logan is involved at all.. with Sabes/X23 likely coming into the fold... it's going to be an original story...

That's not how it works.

To reiterate something I said elsewhere, something is still an adaptation even if you change 99% of the storyline and details relative to the source material from which you're adapting it.

For example, 10 Things I Hate About You is still an adaptation of The Taming of the Shrew even though it's set in a modern-day high school and doesn't have any of the character names or specific characteristics of said characters carried over from TTotS.

That's not how it works.

To reiterate something I said elsewhere, something is still an adaptation even if you change 99% of the storyline and details relative to the source material from which you're adapting it.

For example, 10 Things I Hate About You is still an adaptation of The Taming of the Shrew even though it's set in a modern-day high school and doesn't have any of the character names or specific characteristics of said characters carried over from TTotS.

You do realize 10 things I hate about you was STILL the same story and plot of Taming of the Shrew.... despite the modern twist... .. even Katherine's name was used, she just went by "kat" as a nickname

I never implied or said any of that.. what so ever. Was just saying it's absurd to act like source material and those who want a more familiar adaptation are crazy or don't matter.. which Cyclopswasright (whom the convo was directed at and whom I quoted) was exactly doing and has done multiple times

And if one felt this was the only positive place on the Web, suggesting maybe that's why...

Behold understood me, not sure why you didnt

You literally just said you were going to stop responding to me. I'm so confused...:huh::huh::huh:

I'm sure Cyclops can speak for themselves but I do not think that was what he meant...

At any rate in regards to that thought as long as you post your opinions on a public forum people will respond even thoughs you aren't directly quoting. I have no issues with you but if anyone was making some of the blanket statements you were I would reply because I fundamentally disagree with some if your assertions.

I am not the only one who disagrees with your thoughts here. Not being negative I'm just saying. :yay:

You do realize 10 things I hate about you was STILL the same story and plot of Taming of the Shrew.... despite the modern twist... .. even Katherine's name was used, she just went by "kat" as a nickname

What's your point?

If you take the basic story framework of "Old Man Logan" but change everything else about it in terms of characters, specific details of what happens, etc., Wolverine 3 would still be an adaptation of that particular story.

What's your point?

If you take the basic story framework of "Old Man Logan" but change everything else about it in terms of characters, specific details of what happens, Wolverine 3 would still be an "Old Man Logan" adaptation.

Exactly. It's not just about making sure everything looks exactly like the source in every way.

Again how close to the source material is TDK? It's strange we have to debate the mechanics of an adaptation to some people.

Definitely. We may not always agree on everytging but I have great respect for you! We seem to understand each other

The fact this film feels the most "xmen like" xmen film thus far is very much the part that has me excited

:oldrazz: As long as they are putting forward to flesh out the other characters then I'm happy. Which does seem to be the case with this movie and once I see the entire movie I can say for sure.

You literally just said you were going to stop responding to me. I'm so confused...:huh::huh::huh:

I'm sure Cyclops can speak for themselves but I do not think that was what he meant...

At any rate in regards to that thought as long as you post your opinions on a public forum people will respond even thoughs you aren't directly quoting. I have no issues with you but if anyone was making some of the blanket statements you were I would reply because I fundamentally disagree with some if your assertions.

I am not the only one who disagrees with your thoughts here. Not being negative I'm just saying. :yay:

Per usual.. you don't read.

Stay clear of me and I'll stay clear of you

Jaymes you CLEARLY love butting heads with me as you're the only one who constantly is debating with me... if you twist my words, or "assume" what i'm saying is something i'm not... I'm going to respond. And i'm just over that. If you don't understand me (while clearly other posters do) I'm not going to have a 3 page (or more) debate with you over something you arn't even comprehending or actually carring to understand.. and instead just assume and we bicker for pages... and then months later do it again...

you STILL after all this time and all these debates.. ASSUME i like all the changes marvel has made.. and ASSUME when i want more source material to come through it means "I NEED IT EXACTLY LIKE IT IS IN THE BOOKS" which i've told you hundreds of times at least that's not the case.

it's beating a dead horse.. ALL of the posters in this forum are i'm sure are tired of it.. so let's give it a rest.

All this arguing over semantics. They're just words. Words have a definition, but even definitions change over time. The english language is also so congested with slang, subtlety, double entendre and euphemisms that it's silly to argue over what one does or does not consider an "adaptation."

:oldrazz: As long as they are putting forward to flesh out the other characters then I'm happy. Which does seem to be the case with this movie and once I see the entire movie I can say for sure.

This. They very easily could have just stuck to their old guns and have Wolverine and the First Class vs. Apocalypse, but they're emphasizing Cyclops, Jean Grey and Storm for a reason, which I am excited for.

What's your point?
my point was your justifcation of "99%" was inaccurate, not when the frame work is still there, that's a major percentile...

If you take the basic story framework of "Old Man Logan" but change everything else about it in terms of characters, specific details of what happens, etc., Wolverine 3 would still be an adaptation of that particular story.
and I'm not arguing that.. (thus the . part about Jason or Xavier replacing Mysterio, Cyclops/hawkeye, Blob/hulk) but a major part of the that particular story is character based.. i'm not entirely sure Scott fits well into the "hawkeye" part... or blob into the "hulk part" or X-23/Sabes/or the government agency fits in their at all...

to me at this point the only thing "OML" is going to be the fact wolverine is old.. and maybe (if they actually go through with it) killed his team. everything else will be completely original based on the way the cards are aligning... it's an Adaptation of OML the character, but not the story.

It's like saying PAN or HOOK was an adaptation of J.M. Berries original Peter Pan story... it's not. It's just an adaptation of the characters set into a prequel/continuation

I'm not saying the original OML story can't be adapted... with a new cast.. just saying it's not looking likely. Part of that story is the scope of everything and the world building off of the entire Marvel Universe in a distopian future. and i'm not entirely convinced you can do that with just the already established X-men film series.. only. I mean.. obviously there arn't enough villains to rule different parts of the US... and the X-universe really isn't all expanded on that vastly yet imo, to divide up a dead x-men cast with a still living one, while still having all these nods to other past X-men characters (replacing things like Ashley Barton/The Spider-Mobile/ T-rex Venom/ Red Skulls shrine.....

i mean.. wouldn't it be a little odd to have wolverine kill his team, and some how someone else suddenly has their stuff as trophies?

it's not impossible to adapt.. but i'm not sure it would be worth it when it's just a shell of the original story..

.... On this one I will strongly disagree. Mandarin is not even Mandarin in name. He is a Jim Carrey's Riddler-ish jealous Tony Stark stalker who modeled himself after the billionaire who made up a fictional terrorist called "the Mandarin." Him calling himself the Mandarin has about as much literalism to it as "We are all Spartacus."

As opposed to what, the rich kid who went flat broke training himself into an evil Iron Fist, and then became the world's best trained hobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"