Apocalypse X-Men Apocalypse News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes yes, but remember sony scrapped spiderman 4 because it had mixed reactions? It made almost 900 million yet because it wasn't as good as the previous ones.

They scrapped Spider-Man 4 because Sam Raimi left. It wasn't because of mixed reactions.

You know what your so true, like seriously. I'll reserve my judgement on the quality of Storm once I see it. I very well may see it differently, I just got scared for a second about the movie.
Go into the movie without anyone else's opinions in your head. Fox are lifting the embargo on this very early. That's massive and should be giving people confidence. Random Twitter users here and there having diverse opinions is fine. Everyone is different.

BvS was far from a great film but I didn't care about the rotten rating. And I enjoyed it.

And that's fine. But BvS did not only get panned by critics, it also failed to connect to the GA.

I don't think Apocalypse will be BvS bad, however the reaction is a little worrying. It also doesn't help that Apocalypse has a ton of competition from other movies. Poor word of mouth will hurt the film.

BvS sure, but how do you know you'll like it more than civil war?

Pretty much after Iron Man 3, the MCU movies have left me a bit "meh" after I have watched them. Even Winter Soldier and Guardians. Not bad movies, but they don't seem to work for me. And considering that I was right to how I would receive Ant-man once I finally saw it, I'm confident that Civil War will leave me as cold as Winter Soldier did.

And to be clear, just because a movie leaves me cold doesn't mean its a bad movie.

Jennifer just looks fantastic. Way better than the last premier which she just crammed in between Hunger Games. She is just working the platinum blonde.

Lana is just adorable. Alex just works her Furiosa do marvelously and James is so dad.

Sometimes yes, but remember sony scrapped spiderman 4 because it had mixed reactions? It made almost 900 million yet because it wasn't as good as the previous ones.

Sony were fully onboard with Spider-Man 4 so the mixed reaction didn't really bother them, I think the problem is they decided they wanted more control which raimi wasn't happy about obviously and then he walked and then they decided to reboot their way.

They scrapped Spider-Man 4 because Sam Raimi left. It wasn't because of mixed reactions.
No, raimi left because sony wasn't really happy with spiderman 3 he even told the producers to green lit the reboot they had planned.

tumblr_mwzs2qriNr1sbtpnro1_400.gif
Lmao yas
i don't think ticket sales are always an indication of quality though... sometimes people just feel like they have to see something for themselves.. not matter how bad a film ends up being... and if any film was indicative of that concept. it's batman vs superman.

it's an epic film one wants to see regardless of reviews. But that doesn't make a film good or quality either.

Your right as long as I enjoy the movie that's all that matters I just don't want those naysayers proven right though I'm sure it will still do very well.

:woot:

Your right as long as I enjoy the movie that's all that matters I just don't want those naysayers proven right though I'm sure it will still do very well.
This actually sums up what I'm thinking quite well. Critics can just about everything for all I care as long as I like the movie, but don't want to give the haters any more ammo. :o

Is there any good pictures of everyone from the event. I've only seen pictures here and there.

Sony were fully onboard with Spider-Man 4 so the mixed reaction didn't really bother them, I think the problem is they decided they wanted more control which raimi wasn't happy about obviously and then he walked and then they decided to reboot their way.

And look where that got them, believing that TASM2 would make 1 billion to set up their "universe".

That's not the point. After the 90s what is the point of a early 2000s Xmen again? Seeing them use flip phones or bulky iMacs? Unless they stay in the 90s it just makes sense to just catch up.

and that turned out to ultimately be a smart move... the mindset of hoping a film makes alot of money for subsequent sequels should be kind of null in void if the films fall flat.. budgets don't equal better films... nor does milking a franchise to exhaustion. If apocalypse turns out to be an X3 level train wreck.. i can't say i want another sequel with the same creators, producers and studio unless they realize their mistakes.

Pretty much after Iron Man 3, the MCU movies have left me a bit "meh" after I have watched them. Even Winter Soldier and Guardians. Not bad movies, but they don't seem to work for me. And considering that I was right to how I would receive Ant-man once I finally saw it, I'm confident that Civil War will leave me as cold as Winter Soldier did.

And to be clear, just because a movie leaves me cold doesn't mean its a bad movie.

Don't worry about. I too was a bit underwhelmed by Civil War, despite loving TWS.

Anyhow, I just want Apocalypse to be like DOFP you know? When DOFP came out, early word and reviews were strong, and all the haters shut up.

If Apocalypse isn't good or is just "okay," can you imagine the ****storm? There's a lot of fans who already hate Singer, imagine how worse it will be if the movie doesn't deliver.

No, raimi left because sony wasn't really happy with spiderman 3 he even told the producers to green lit the reboot they had planned.

No they started working on Spider-Man 4, raimi wanted time to work on the script and Sony wouldn't allow it so he left and then they decided to reboot, they did storyboards and script outlines so yeah sony were willing, they just wanted it their way though.

I'm in the same boat as you, and yes Civil War left me pretty cold. It did have a little more character to it than Winter Soldier, but it still didn't click.

Dofp had mixed reactions from some reviews I believe, even cbm wrote an article about it (eyeroll).

And look where that got them, believing that TASM2 would make 1 billion to set up their "universe".

While I wasn't a huge fan of the original Spider-Man trilogy and much preferred Andrew Garfield in the role I will say it's pretty obviously Sony had no idea what they were doing

I'm in the same boat as you, and yes Civil War left me pretty cold. It did have a little more character to it than Winter Soldier, but it still didn't click.
Civil War for me was actually one of the few that did click weirdly enough. I felt for the characters, but I also finally got sucked into the action scenes which has never really happened for me with the MCU. I felt the hype even though I went in with low expectations.

:woot:

This actually sums up what I'm thinking quite well. Critics can just about everything for all I care as long as I like the movie, but don't want to give the haters any more ammo. :o
Exactly this is how I feel I just panicked for a quick second lol, XMen always seems to get the short end of the stick. I just hope they learned and making the franchise that much better which I believe they are doing.
Go into the movie without anyone else's opinions in your head. Fox are lifting the embargo on this very early. That's massive and should be giving people confidence. Random Twitter users here and there having diverse opinions is fine. Everyone is different.

I will do so thank you as I said I just panicked after hearing about the movie.

that's not entirely true.. 1) they didn't need sam to continue the franchise.. it's not like directors usually end up staying on for a whole franchise anyway) 2) one of the (many) reasons Raimi left was because the reaction fans had over spidey 3 in addition to the fact his hands were tied in some ways due to what material sony was forcing on him

meh, if it sucks it sucks. the only thing im not looking forward to is reading more "revert the rights!" ****posts like marvel studios has some kind of flawless track record. if it sucks singer probably wont be back and im sure theres some young talented director who wants a shot at the franchise.

Well, I'm off to do a bike ride. Be back to see all hell break loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"