Apocalypse X-Men Apocalypse News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 39

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's looking more and more likely if Apocalypse is box office hit then when we get to X-men films again and not spin-off films then we will be going into outer space for a more comic accurate version of phoenix and dark phoenix.next film taking place n early 1990's makes more sense.by then
you can imagine X-Men gathered in apocalypse as more exceperenced team
and cyclops and jean to have grown as couple after their relationship is hinted at begining In Apocalypse from what i heard.

this likely means however
the sinister tease In apocalypse post credit scene is likely about wolverine film and possibly gambit.hard to see how he would fit in phoenix storyline

Singer has himself with apocalypse and in Interviews hinting at phoenix too much for me not to think he could be tackling it after 20,000 leagues under the sea and it could be two part film like infinity war.

Where all y'all seeing that they are revisiting the Pheonix again, I heard it hinted at a little while ago but haven't hard anything else to say otherwise. Especially since I thought the next story would be Proteus am I missing something? Believe me I wouldn't mind Pheonix I've been anxious to see the Shiar for a long time now, seeing the XMen battle the Imperial Guard would just be all kinds of epic.

So much news out about Singer wanting to explore X-Men in space today! Just google it.

Where all y'all seeing that they are revisiting the Pheonix again, I heard it hinted at a little while ago but haven't hard anything else to say otherwise. Especially since I thought the next story would be Proteus am I missing something? Believe me I wouldn't mind Pheonix I've been anxious to see the Shiar for a long time now, seeing the XMen battle the Imperial Guard would just be all kinds of epic.

Someone posted some spoilers on said character
taping more into her power which forms the shape of Phoenix

Last edited:
So much news out about Singer wanting to explore X-Men in space today! Just google it.

yep.singer defently doesn't sound like someone who is about to aband X-men.
I say as long as apocalypse is a box office success he will probally do a
more comic accurate pheonix film and take X-men into outer space.

i can see it taking 2 films.film 1-phoenix and film 2-Dark Phoenix.marvel
and dc are doing the 2 part films.and a lot of final adaptin of popular YA books split the last book into 2 films.and he considered doing dark phoenix as 2 films
after x2 till rothman led him to do superman instead.

Unleashing the Phoenix force

Singer has been hinting first to collider and now today of using shiar and going into outer space.plus it's pretty much known apocalypse is setting up them
doing a good version of phoenix in films:cwink:

I prefer earth bound stories but willing to make exception for phoenix and
dark phoenix since they are classic stories and phoenix deserves better than
Last Stand.

Singer has been hinting first to collider and now today of using shiar and going into outer space.plus it's pretty much known apocalypse is setting up them
doing a good version of phoenix in films:cwink:

I prefer earth bound stories but willing to make exception for phoenix and
dark phoenix since they are classic stories and phoenix deserves better than
Last Stand.

Maybe the nuclear missiles Apocalypse sends into space gets noticed by the Shi'ar xD

So tickets are on sale today, did everyone get theirs?

Especially for theaters that have reserved seating, you better jump on it! Anyone in the CT area?

Ugh tickets always go on sale so late at my movie theater for some reason

I'd love to see the Sh'iar but I'd rather get all the main X-Men together in a film once they've mastered their powers first. :cool:

I've been happy with the direction the films are going but space would be the mix-up some fans and critics are vocal about. Lilandra is a pretty cool character so I'd like to see her interact with McAvoy's Xavier. How to translate the Shi'ar... I have no idea. Some critics have called Apocalypse bizarre or cartoony.

Ideally I'd like another movie on earth before any Phoenix or space stuff. I think both Proteus and Morlocks have so much potential. But both would involve "more of the same" themes that I personally love the franchise for, but some seem tired of.

I would want another movie in between as well. Don't want to rush these characters through all the iconic stories like BvS did. But if cosmic is the route and we're getting spinoffs...maybe the Phalanx would be something that could tie some of these properties together.

Uh, graphics? :lmao:

I remember growing up (early/mid teens), and when the first Spider-Man came out my friends said "graphics" a lot and it always made me angry lol. It was the film snob in me, even at an earlier age.

I like how in the Jet scene, it reveals something most of us already knew or presumed, but it's funny to put that particular scene out on a talkshow since it totally spoils an event in the film.

I've been happy with the direction the films are going but space would be the mix-up some fans and critics are vocal about. Lilandra is a pretty cool character so I'd like to see her interact with McAvoy's Xavier. How to translate the Shi'ar... I have no idea. Some critics have called Apocalypse bizarre or cartoony.

Ideally I'd like another movie on earth before any Phoenix or space stuff. I think both Proteus and Morlocks have so much potential. But both would involve "more of the same" themes that I personally love the franchise for, but some seem tired of.
Morlocks would be very boring IMO that's something I honestly don't even want to see on the big screen unless of course we get a proper Callisto v Storm battle and I mean full on girl fight no powers then I say yes lol. I think Shiar though is the way to go they don't need to wait another movie to leave Earth.
taping more into her power which forms the shape of Phoenix
Yes I remember hearing that but I wasn't thinking that for sure meant they were going the DPS route with the next movie.

CiU9IDQUUAAA-lm.jpg:orig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back