Apocalypse X-Men Apocalypse News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 39

Status
Not open for further replies.
the true power of jean grey - all men must fall for her or creep on her.

From the Daily Express review: "X-Men: Apocalypse isn't perfect but it is still a rousing, actionpacked tale and after so many sequels it achieves the impressive feat of leaving you wanting more."

I don't think the movie has gotten enough credit for that so far. It's the SIXTH X-Men movie and it still manages to make people excited for the next one. Sure there are complaints and people want a change in direction (I agree), but the fact that it still makes most of us want to see more is quite impressive.

Singer had nothing to do with X3...

People kind of forget In x2 jean pulled away from wolverine and said she loves scott and at end after Jean's sacrifice logan told scott she chooce him.It was last stand that really f-ed up.

with apocalypse
Singer spends time devolping the bond between scott and jean.while they don't kiss it's clear there is an attraction between them

Singer has an unnatural obsession on shipping Logan and Jean that can't be explained.

You can blame the comics and Claremont for that mess.

Bryan just latched onto it in X2 the most then Penn & Kinberg doing "color by numbers" just continued that in The Last Stand.

People kind of forget In x2 jean pulled away from wolverine and said she loves scott and at end after Jean's sacrifice logan told scott she chooce him.It was last stand that really f-ed up.

with apocalypse
Singer spends time devolping the bond between scott and jean.while they don't kiss it's clear there is an attraction between them

The problem with those scenes along with the comics is there is no basis for it. The storyline just comes out of nowhere.

Storm had more interaction with Logan in X1 than Jean had in the entire franchise.

If you look at it from a comic books point of view Rogue still has the most interaction and bonding with Wolvie than any other woman including Mariko.

Old cast made the difference.

That and Jane Goldman as a writer. I only know when she's involved, the dialogue and characters have better development. When Kinberg is involved or is the sole writer, the writing is 98% shet.

That and Jane Goldman as a writer. I only know when she's involved, the dialogue and characters have better development. When Kinberg is involved or is the sole writer, the writing is 98% shet.

All she did was to consult with Kinberg when he was writing script.I am not exactly a kinberg fan but he wrote script of apocalypse himself.SInger wrote outline for first class yet many don't want to credit him at all yet they want
to credit goldman and vaughn for dofp when they simply consulted with kinberg on ideas.Vaughn didn't even stay on as producer like Singer did on First Class.

All she did was to consult with Kinberg when he was writing script.I am not exactly a kinberg fan but he wrote script of apocalypse himself.SInger wrote outline for first class yet many don't want to credit him at all yet they want
to credit goldman and vaughn for dofp when they simply consulted with kinberg on ideas.Vaughn didn't even stay on as producer like Singer did on First Class.

Yes, Kinberg also wrote X3 with Zak Penn, Kinberg also wrote Fantastic Four. Both horribly written.

Kinberg has shet ideas, but we all know this.

Kinberg wrote DOFP too with Vaughn.
Then X2 writers rewrote it.

film also got better reviews

reviews aren't killing apocalypse.it will do better than much better reviewed
First Class.and you will find they are plenty of people who don't share the apocalypse is terrable mentality some critics have.

Original cast was helpful in getting some of GA back into theaters for
DOFP.yes in final film with exception of hugh jackman they were mostly cameos or extended cameos but they helped get some people's attention.
Jackman as only a cameo is a factor in itself.Jackman help make the wolverine
the third best overseas X-men related film.at the time in 2013 the wolverine
282 Million foregin Box office was best for X related film.DOFP and deadpool
have since beaten it.That is reason why fox wanted another wolverine solo
film even though domesticlt the wolverine is lowest grossing X-men releated film.

Yes, Kinberg also wrote X3 with Zak Penn, Kinberg also wrote Fantastic Four. Both horribly written.

Kinberg has shet ideas, but we all know this.

Pretty much. I don't know how Kinberg continues to have a career. Zak Penn parted ways with FOX after the Last Stand mess or at least I hardly hear of him.

Which is ironic because Bryan Singer had no issues firing Tom DeSanto from the X-MEN franchise. I don't know maybe he feels the need to employ another Jewish person, so it could be racial. I don't know. Just odd that he felt so easy to cut off DeSanto and Hayter without looking back.

Kinberg wrote DOFP too with Vaughn.
Then X2 writers rewrote it.

Singer helped rewrite a lot of that drafts with Goldman. Vaughn was gone way before production even began on DOFP but gets credit.

There were many Twitter pics of Singer helping Kinberg and Goldman with the rewrites.

yet marvel hired Penn for incredible hulk and first draft for avengers.why fox continues
to hire kinberg I don't know.

as for why APocalypse script is coming off worse than DOFP it may be after kinberg signed deal in december 2013 to further devolp X-men shared universe they gave him more freedom with Apocalypse script.

people can stop denying original cast helped DOFP.

giphy.gif

But.... Hugh Jackman is the only huge draw... *now waits for Wolverine 3*.

But why Singer didn't repair it what Kinberg did in script, FOX doesn't allow him?

You know Singer isn't perfect. He could not always fix Kinberg's script. We got lucky that DOFP turned out to be great! Anyway hiring that guy to write the script is never a good idea especially if they are aware of his poor track record.

reviews aren't killing apocalypse.it will do better than much better reviewed
First Class.and you will find they are plenty of people who don't share the apocalypse is terrable mentality some critics have.

Reviews do affect box office, look at Fan4stic, it flopped big time, you think reviews didn't impact that movie? TASM2 made less then the first even though the marketing was much better but reviews were not as kind to it.

Original cast was helpful in getting some of GA back into theaters for
DOFP.yes in final film with exception of hugh jackman they were mostly cameos or extended cameos but they helped get some people's attention.
Jackman as only a cameo is a factor in itself.Jackman help make the wolverine

i have not seen anyone mention the OC beyond wolverine not being involved and in that respect it just shows the franchise will struggle without jackman anyway.

it very much falls into that thing of though X-Men: Origins technically did well at the box office, not as good as X3 but still good considering it was leaked online early while the wolverine had a 3D release, the franchise first 3D movie with its stand out character and it didn't make that much more then Origins with 3D even with famke involved and DOFP still made more, now we could say that was obvious patrick and ian that got those extra viewers or halle berry, ellen page?

Its going by the idea that 2 of the OC won't bring in much money but all of them together will and that doesn't count for bishop,sunspot,blink and warpath who are technically not OC members.

Last edited:
wolverine solo films are always going to do less than full X-men films.

Plus there were some who were excited to see most of original cast back for DOFP.It was the fast & furious snydrome.get original cast back and intrest goes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"