Apocalypse X-Men Apocalypse News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reviews helped DoFP. One thing is the audience tended to like the movie. I do not think the audience dislikes this movie as much as some critics do, but reactions and word of mouth are not as good as they were for DoFP.

When critics are being very harsh on the movie and you likely have people saying oh i guess this movie sucks then... then expectations are lowered to an incredible degree, it happened to me and probably alot of people here too so yeah id be surprised if it wasn't affected by it, its also gonna be affected in US also since its not even out till friday

i mean critics ain't always an important factor for some franchises like transformers but whether X-Men is one of them or not who knows, looking at F4 and its $168 million box office i am assuming not many gave the movie a chance after reviews.

Last edited:
with FF it was hurt trank before release basicly disowned film and tried to place blame on Fox.This led fox to stop protecting trank and you had floodgate of problems with trank stories coming out.

Would it be farfetched to think Apocalypse [BLACKOUT]did a consciousness jump right before he died? He was still connected to Charles' mind therefore connected to the world.[/BLACKOUT] Is there any significance to [BLACKOUT]"All is revealed." while looking at Phoenix[/BLACKOUT]?

Would it be farfetched to think Apocalypse [BLACKOUT]did a consciousness jump right before he died? He was still connected to Charles' mind therefore connected to the world.[/BLACKOUT] Is there any significance to [BLACKOUT]"All is revealed." while looking at Phoenix[/BLACKOUT]?

Same I'm confuse by that quote too.

it would have to be to a lesser degree otherwise why go through all that table stuff when its that easy

with FF it was hurt trank before release basicly disowned film and tried to place blame on Fox.This led fox to stop protecting trank and you had floodgate of problems with trank stories coming out.

so it was technically what people heard about the movie that made it flop? is that much different to reviews?

Is it me or did Fox use the Fanfare in the beggining of this film?

He disowned it because its critical reception was horrible. Fox didn't lift the review embargo until the last minute because they knew the movie sucked. That travesty had no chance.

I thought he might have to Psylocke

He can't do this without cosmic technology from pyramid.
Also I'm confused what was he mean in his last quote.

I don't see them bringing Apocalypse back. It wouldn't really make sense now.

I think the 'all is revealed' comment was almost just a recognition of Jean's power, something that exceeds his own. A recognition there was another god greater than him?

Last edited:
LOL her dirty stink-eye she gave them before walking away..
I just assumed they're making sure we know she's still a bad guy. Angel seems dead. Magneto will remain on the fence. Storm is with the X-Men. Psylocke, it seemed, they want us to know remains a foe.

angel may not be dead as he didn't look that bad, he was just unconscious

I think the 'all is revealed' comment [BLACKOUT]was almost just a recognition of Jean's power, something that exceeds his own. A recognition there was another god great than him?[/BLACKOUT]
That is how I took it as well. He himself still believed he was a god, until he saw Jean. Apocalypse wants the strong to survive.
I think he recognizes that Jean is the strong and he is the weak. He knows he will die and acknowledges her power.

Last edited:

I think this reviewer on IMDB sums it up best that [BLACKOUT]Apocalypse's last words, "all is revealed" upon seeing Jean's power unleashed — this simple sentence is a work of genius, incredibly layered and with massive subtext. It's the perfect juxtaposition between a false God, who, in shock, speaks these words when he is presented after all that time with a young girl who could potentially have the power of a true God.

So who wrote the line? Singer? Kinberg? Tell us!

The scene also really gets to some truths about the original X-men team that were absent to a large degree before. For instance, we see just how close Jean is to Xavier. She is referred to as his 'star pupil' at one point in the Ultimate series I believe, and I think that sentiment was always there in the original book too. They truly have a very special, very unique bond, and it's paid homage to here in a really beautiful way.[/BLACKOUT]

For a second there I thought this was the spoiler thread. Turns out it's the News and Discussion thread. I feel sorry for the people who haven't gotten a chance to see the movie yet. It'd be a good idea to stay way from these forums for now.

I just assumed [BLACKOUT] they're making sure we know she's still a bad guy. Angel seems dead. Magneto will remain on the fence. Storm is with the X-Men. Psylocke, it seemed, they want us to know remains a foe.[/BLACKOUT]

This isn't a spoilers thread. Please be more considerate to us few who haven't seen the movie yet.

This isn't a spoilers thread. Please be more considerate to us few who haven't seen the movie yet.

Yeah, for real. Some of ya'll are SUPER trippy this go' round with the spoilers. :rant:

Remember, we've got a week to go here in the United States Of 'Murica. :whatever:

For a second there I thought this was the spoiler thread. Turns out it's the News and Discussion thread. I feel sorry for the people who haven't gotten a chance to see the movie yet. It'd be a good idea to stay way from these forums for now.

Basically all of us that live in the U.S. :o I've said it before and I'll say it again, **** you Marvel and Fox for opening these **** so early instead of just a mass release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"