Apocalypse X-Men Apocalypse News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 41

Status
Not open for further replies.
The two with the biggest price tags are the ones they don't even need. They could get away with just resigning McAvoy if it came down to it.

Those two certainly aren't needed, but are what Fox considers the biggest draws. It's unlikely they'll be dropped. McAvoy Xavier is my favourite character in the franchise but he isn't carrying it alone.

Those two certainly aren't needed, but are what Fox considers the biggest draws. It's unlikely they'll be dropped. McAvoy Xavier is my favourite character in the franchise but he isn't carrying it alone.

Lawrence isn't helping apocalypse that much.salary could mean she and fassbender won't be back.

I have seen scoopers speculte after apocalypse under-performing and with jackman leaving as wolverine that Fox could focus on Deadpool sequel and X-force and then reboot X-men to fit deadpool and X-force so they can have Xavier,Cyclops,jean,Storm,and Wolverine In X-men films and doudtful after apocalypse fox wants to continue with this cast.

I like Halle in XDoFP but more people could have liked her more if her hair was long.

To be honest. Same was with Scarlett Johansson. She was pregnant during Avengers: Age of Ultron shooting.

Don't we all want Storm/Black Widow to have all long hair in the movies.... same with Jean/Psylocke/Rogue/Kitty.

Finally saw this last night.
Liked it more than I thought I would. I'm glad I lowered my expectations.
The movie does have various problems, mostly script/story related, but I don't think it deserves the 48% rotten score.
I have a question. I saw some of you discussing [blackout] Apocalypse going into Psylocke after his defeat. I didn't see any evidence of this. Betsy is shown leaving and giving Storm (I think) a disapproving look for switching sides (probably?). But other than that there's nothing, and I don't think that justifies the assumption that Apocalypse is now inhabiting her body. [/blackout]Did I miss something?

You did not miss anything. :D

And if thats the case... then God! I don't know if I would react well.

I would be cool though like if [blackout]Apocalypse gets inside her body/brain[/blackout] and yet [blackout]Psylocke is still in there fighting for her life![/blackout]. Then the X-Men and Xavier helps [blackout]Psylocke[/blackout]. And Mr. Sinister and the Marauders try to kidnap and uses her for experiments. Then at the end of the movie [blackout]Psylocke gets transported into the future[/blackout], I would love that! :ilv:

Also, McGowan: Shut up

I know she's desperate to stay relevant and any press is good press, but that was just stupid.

I didn't read the article but I don't think it matters. The film is already out.

I would be cool though like if [blackout]Apocalypse gets inside her body/brain[/blackout] and yet [blackout]Psylocke is still in there [/blackout]and X-Men and Xavier helps Psylocke. And Mr. Sinister and the Marauders try to kidnap and uses her experiments.

Well, I have a big problem with how the horsemen, other than Mags, were handled. Having[BLACKOUT] Psylocke be completely possessed and still be able to survive and overcome him[/BLACKOUT] would go a long way as a redemption for [BLACKOUT]her (you know, for willingly participating in mass murder)[/BLACKOUT]. But I just don't see how what we saw justifies this idea.

Don't we all want Storm/Black Widow to have all long hair in the movies.... same with Jean/Psylocke/Rogue/Kitty.

Huh? No, haha. I was refering to the "pregnant-means-less-filming", which didn't happen to BW in AoU. :)
Overall, I'm fine with short hairs. I love woman with short hair. But I would prefer a different short hair for BW. Storm's short hair is amazing in X3/DoFP.
Most definitelly in X3.

I don't really mind the mass murder thing, I mean if they let Storm joined the team... why not Psylocke/Angel too, we didn't see them kill people... that was just Magneto/Apocalyse (lol). Though I think this could give them room to redeem both characters (well if only they care to bring those 2 back, I don't think they care much about those 2) and if they end up joining the X-Men, the pay-off could be greater especially compare to how Storm join the X-Men. There was just no build-up to that.

Huh? No, haha. I was refering to the "pregnant-means-less-filming", which didn't happen to BW in AoU. :)
Overall, I'm fine with short hairs. I love woman with short hair. But I would prefer a different short hair for BW. Storm's short hair is amazing in X3/DoFP.
Most definitelly in X3.

To me, the only one I want to see with short hair is Jubilee. Storm with longer hair looks better in action (see X2/X1), and I'm just used to seeing those female characters with longer hair and it just looks more fabulous!

I don't really mind the mass murder thing, I mean if they let Storm joined the team... why not Psylocke/Angel too, we didn't see them kill people... that was just Magneto/Apocalyse (lol). Though I think this could give them room to redeem both characters (well if only they care to bring those 2 back, I don't think they care much about those 2) and if they end up joining the X-Men, the pay-off could be greater especially compare to how Storm join the X-Men. There was just no build-up to that.

Instead of Apocalypse killing the workers Magneto worked with, Apocalypse could have had Storm, Psylocke and Angel kill them.

Also, McGowan: Shut up

I know she's desperate to stay relevant and any press is good press, but that was just stupid.

more proof she has gone bat**** crazy.if shaving her hair off wasn't a clue to this.

She can shave her hair off all she wants. I shaved my hair last month and I ain't cuhrazy!
Instead of Apocalypse killing the workers Magneto worked with, Apocalypse could have had Storm, Psylocke and Angel kill them.

Did you want that to happen?

She can shave her hair off all she wants. I shaved my hair last month and I ain't cuhrazy!

Did you want that to happen?

Hmmm... Just have Storm use tornadoes to throw them away

Speaking of that scene, people laughed when Apocalypse did that to Magneto co-workers. I don't think it was supposed to be funny.

Well therein lies some of what I said before relating to the script and story having serious problems.
The horsemen aren't brainwashed or controlled, not even swayed (to borrow the term used to describe what Hive did to his followers). This means they allowed whatever Apocalypse did, to happen, just because. They stood there and did nothing while he murdered hundreds of thousands of people, perhaps more. Sure, he augmented their powers, in Archangel's case he even mended his messed up wings and replaced them with better ones. But does that justify the allegiance given right after, out of their own free will? For Magneto it fits, but not for the others, and it just makes them look bad. How do you redeem these people after this? It shows the people involved (Kinberg :argh: ) didn't think it through.
Take Storm. [blackout]She reacts and starts reconsidering her side only when Mystique is in peril[/blackout]. Really? Why? [blackout]Because you saw her on TV and she's your hero?[/blackout] Umm, okay. What about the many other people that were not only in peril but actually got killed? This included [blackout]the little kids that were part of her thieves crew, for which she was shown to be the leader[/blackout]. I guess their lost lives meant nothing?... Anyway, like I said. The movie has problems

Speaking of that scene, people laughed when Apocalypse did that to Magneto co-workers. I don't think it was supposed to be funny.

Actually some folks in my showing reacted that way and I didn't understand why. It wasn't meant to be funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"