Apocalypse X-Men Apocalypse News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 44

It's used on the advertising inside the Blu Ray too. Singer mentioned it a couple of times as well. Strange that it fell by the way-side. Maybe it looked terrible in motion.

Kinda frustrating that they just let these scenes be locked up inside their vault.

Bryan cuts things for pace.

...which is why anyone not called Xavier, Magneto or Mystique is a cardboard cut-out devoid of characterisation.

Perhaps all the other characters should now be called 'Mystique' because we sure as hell don't know anything about them.

...which is why anyone not called Xavier, Magneto or Mystique is a cardboard cut-out devoid of characterisation.

Perhaps all the other characters should now be called 'Mystique' because we sure as hell don't know anything about them.

That's because you weren't paying attention. They literally showed you Scott and Jean's backstory(why they are attracted to each other, Scott's motive for being a superhero, etc). They also got as much screentime as those characters you mentioned.

Last edited:
That's because you weren't paying attention. They literally showed you Scott and Jean's backstory. They also got as much screentime as those characters you mentioned.

The only characters with real emotional depth are Xavier and Magneto.

As much as I like some of the extended scenes I've seen in the past, I pretty much agree with all of the choices Singer made. Rogue Cut was fun but the theatrical was superior.

By the same token, none of the deleted scenes for Apocalypse would have improved the film if they were reinstated. Not really praise though. The problems with that film go deeper.

As much as I like some of the extended scenes I've seen in the past, I pretty much agree with all of the choices Singer made. Rogue Cut was fun but the theatrical was superior.

By the same token, none of the deleted scenes for Apocalypse would have improved the film if they were reinstated. Not really praise though. The problems with that film go deeper.

I disagree.rogue cut was superior.especilly since DOFP was last time all the original cast would be in X-Men film.

with apocalypse singer was right to cut out mall sequenze.if any were left in they should have been xavier talking to storm and beast giving cyclops his vizor at mansion.

The Rogue Cut didn't need to include those bad scenes featuring Mystique and Beast. While Rogue's rescue scene was too quick. The thing is Rogue should have been at the start of the film, maybe with Bishop's group or Storm's group then let her fight against the Sentinels. Oh well I guess True Blood might have been a big factor.

beast giving cyclops his vizor at mansion.

No they made the right choice removing that scene, not because it was bad but the turn around reveal of him wearing the visor is more impactful if we don't show him getting it prior.

It was bad. "Lets hope the kids don't start calling me Cyclops".

As much as I'd have liked more Storm in the film, I didn't think much of her deleted scene either. It draws more attention to the horrible things she is doing and the lack of explanation for it, and is more time spent on those terrible looking rocks.

It was bad. "Lets hope the kids don't start calling me Cyclops".

As much as I'd have liked more Storm in the film, I didn't think much of her deleted scene either. It draws more attention to the horrible things she is doing and the lack of explanation for it, and is more time spent on those terrible looking rocks.

No, the scene did explain it. Which is something they ripped from the original story.

Last edited:
No they made the right choice removing that scene, not because it was bad but the turn around reveal of him wearing the visor is more impactful if we don't show him getting it prior.

i will defend cut he did but if anything could be put back in those are what i would have put in.singer was 100% right to leave mall sequenze out.

Rogue cut is my perfeared version of DOFP even with mystique/beast scenes at mansion.

I disagree.rogue cut was superior.especilly since DOFP was last time all the original cast would be in X-Men film.

with apocalypse singer was right to cut out mall sequenze.if any were left in they should have been xavier talking to storm and beast giving cyclops his vizor at mansion.

Primary reason why Rogue was separated from the group was so Kinberg can write a mini adventure for the two "old guys" (as he referred to them...what a jerk...lol).

Only the mini adventure he wrote didn't include the "old guys" sharing the screen too much. It had Bobby and Magneto, with Xavier in a completely different location whose narration to the two of what to do was badly executed.

Xavier and Magneto finally share the screen in the X-Jet after Rogue's rescue and they barely talk.

Xavier finally gets an "action scene" and it's mostly him flipping some switches on the X-Jet.

Don't even get me started on Mystique infiltrating the mansion.

As sad as I was that Rogue was cut from the theatrical release, I think John ultimately made the right call. The theatrical release was a better, tighter movie, imo.

Last edited:
The more time goes on, the more I find myself disliking X-men Apocalypse. It was a really poor movie.

I think I would have hated this movie more if it didn't come out in the same year as BvS and Suicide Squad.

Primary reason why Rogue was separated from the group was so Kinberg can write a mini adventure for the two "old guys" (as he referred to them...what a jerk...lol).

Only the mini adventure he wrote didn't include the "old guys" sharing the screen too much. It had Bobby and Magneto, with Xavier in a completely different location whose narration to the two of what to do was badly executed.

Xavier and Magneto finally share the screen in the X-Jet after Rogue's rescue and they barely talk.

Xavier finally gets an "action scene" and it's mostly him flipping some switches on the X-Jet.

Don't even get me started on Mystique infiltrating the mansion.

As sad as I was that Rogue was cut from the theatrical release, I think John ultimately made the right call. The theatrical release was a better, tighter movie, imo.

i agree Kinberg was jerk i still like more future stuff added back in.now as for mystique infliting mansion i really didn't like it.I get they wanted to mirror the rescuring rogue with mystique in present destroying cerebro.

Rogue cut is kind of cut for fans of original trilogy just like expanded cuts of lord of the rings is for die hard fans.

The more time goes on, the more I find myself disliking X-men Apocalypse. It was a really poor movie.

I think I would have hated this movie more if it didn't come out in the same year as BvS and Suicide Squad.

Do you mean you dislike it more on repeated viewings or as you thought about it more?

And this came out before Sucide Squad.

Last edited:

I'm actually the same.

Still hate BvS and I don't even want to bother with SS.

As far as rankings, X2 was always gonna be my #1.

But when Apocalypse came out my ranking was X2, Apocalypse, DOFP, etc.

I really enjoyed the movie when I first saw it with that midnight crowd. Also didn't help matters that the movie got a round of applause at the end, can't remember another time that happened tbh. Maybe Avengers? Everyone in that theatre was eating it all up. That's my kind of movie-going experience.

Now, I'm really seeing all the complaints about the movie. That 80s aesthetic is also kinda bad.

I just think I had to separate myself from the movie since I was on set + time elapsed since the movie came out.

I've also come to appreciate what DOFP was able to accomplish.

I always thought the film had a strong first half and weak second half (though with some redeemable qualities).

I understand some of the complaints and see some of them as BS(the film explains why Apocalypse needs the horsemen like three times in the film people!).

I'm more forgiving of the Weapon X scene now in hindsight. I kinda always was since it gave the young X-Men something to do and give Logan a reason to love Jean in this timeline unlike the previous one(which I always complained about). But it seems like it was there to set-up a couple of major plot points in Logan based on interviews rather than a needless cameo.

Last edited:
I understand some of the complaints and see some of them as BS(the film explains why Apocalypse needs the horsemen like three times in the film people!).

I think the complaints are because the Horsemen *not* named Magneto are mostly mute and if you were unfamiliar with the X-men universe then they're interchangeable. That black chick with white hair, that chick in the bikini and that flying dude.

Those characters could've been any number of other mutants and the movie probably wouldn't have changed.

Which is a shame since Alexandra seemed to do her homework as Storm, especially with that accent and Munn loved Psylocke so much she learned to do her martial arts.

No, the scene did explain it. Which is something they ripped from the original story.

A throw-away line near the end of the film is just a lame way of exploring Storm's complex backstory though. It comes off less as an interesting reveal and more of a stark reminder of the better material you'll never see.

Yeah, say what you will about Apocalypse, but it's not DCEU bad.

Definitely the worst Marvel movie of 2016! It was Apocalyptic no pun intended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"