• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

Apocalypse X-Men Apocalypse News and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You forget Apocalypse is looking to have a lot of focus on Xavier,Magneto,Mystique,Beast
as this Is last film they are under contract for.

That's the point. If Wolverine is involved plus the FC four, what's gonna be left for the new young characters they plan on introducing? Not that much I'd bet.

Your kind of forgetting the fact Apocalypse opens 3 weeks after possable Cap3 VS SVB deathmath,same day as alice In wonderland 2 and couple of weeks before next Spider-man film.

What will poential make more money In Studio's eyes A film with FC cast+Hugh jackman based on In part one of biggest X-Men stories or film with FC Cast+Newbees?

Your kind of forgetting the fact Apocalypse opens 3 weeks after possable Cap3 VS SVB deathmath,same day as alice In wonderland 2 and couple of weeks before next Spider-man film.

What will poential make more money In Studio's eyes A film with FC cast+Hugh jackman based on In part one of biggest X-Men stories or film with FC Cast+Newbees?

Of course FC+Wolvie but than they don't need to introduce Storm, Cyclops and Jean as they will get the treatment that they got with first three movies = Wolverine shadows.

Everyhting has sounded like its about how those memebers joined the X-Men. Who doesn't want to see that?

Wolverine+New Well known characters+First Class+ DOFP being received well will= A **** load of $$$$$$$.

New Well Known characters+First Class+DOFP being received well still= A ****load of $$$$$$.

This franchise will be in the best shape it's ever been all around if DOFP hits huge. Anything called X-Men will get a boost if that happens.

Last edited:
Yea, seriously. If DOFP is as good as it's shaping up to be and has a great run at the box office it's not going to matter who is in Apocalypse because it's going to do big either way.

It will matter to studio who wants stars to promate it and put on posters.

part of excitement for DOFP was seeing OC with exception of hugh jackman that's gone from Apocalypse.

Even If there wasn't wolverine In DOFP the film loosly based on age of apocalypse was likely to focus more on Xavier,magneto,Mystique,Beast+Apocalypse.

There could very well be a lot of mutants thorwn In there with it based off of Age of apocalypse on both X-Men and Apocalypse's followers.

X-Men apocalypse opens after the boodbath battle of Cap 3 and SVB In early may-unless disney blinks and moves cap to april again.

It opens same day as alice in wonderland 2-granted Johnny Depp's star has decresed since first film

And In june eather Amazing Spider-man 3 or a spidey spinoff film opens.granted psider-man has fallen some after amazing Spider-man 2.

Some people are forgetting this film Is loosly based on age of apocalypse.

You forget Apocalypse is looking to have a lot of focus on Xavier,Magneto,Mystique,Beast
as this Is last film they are under contract for.

Jackmans not contracted for any films what's that got to do with anything

I expect Mystique to get an equal share of screen time in Apocalypse because I honestly can't see Jennifer commiting to another contract for a franchise film.

The only problem with Hugh returning for Apocalypse Is it hurts chance of 2018 being
a sequel with OT cast If his third wolverine 99 percent likely to be his last film comments
are accurate.

If the OT was on track to return, they would not have waited beyond 2016. It just wasn't going to fly since the FC cast is so huge right now and need top billing. But as I said before, 2018 is too far out to bring back the OT. They are going to bring in some names to make up for the lack of star power. You got Tatum in the mix, and I'm sure they will get a heavy hitter for Apocalypse/Sinister.

2017 will probably have Wolverine doing his own thing. But I can't see it leading into another crossover or split cast film. 2018 could also be FF2, because they may want to take 3 years between the sequel, and Wolverine 3 can move to the current FF2 place holding date. Otherwise, I'd imagine they will try to do a FC4 or X-Force.

WOlverine 3 comes out march 3 2017 and FF sequel Is target for july 18 2017 with a mystery fox marvel film coming july 2018.

Some doudted Hugh Jackman would return for apocalypse and now that's more or less been confirmed.

Noone knows what the mystery 2018 film will be yet.The First Class cast contracts expire with Apocalypse.

Apocalypse and third wolverine film makes the 2018 film being a OT sequel less likely but on other hand the creative team has hinted DOFP won't be last one with OT cast.Patrick Stewart has hinted something could be in the offering for them.

A knowledge person has said on Twitter that James Mcavoy Is likely only FC actor who could return after Apocalypse.

I hope we get a scene where all the X-Men and perhaps the Brotherhood have failed to fight/stop Apocalypse and none other than Jean Grey steps up, must to Xavier's dismay, unleashes the mighty force of "Phoenix"(think XME scene when she fights Xavier)

The conversation between her and him would be great while fighting as he recognizes her as a true goddess (no offense to Storm) and persuades her to join his cause. These 2 ultra mega mutants really do damage and from their we get Xavier putting the blocks in her mind and also Magneto witnessing how powerful she is (that is after DOFP, X3 is still in continuity)

that would be too epic for them to do it, lol.
Im excited for young Jean, but I have high doubts the females will shine on Apocalypse. at least the ones on the good side.

If the OT was on track to return, they would not have waited beyond 2016.

I tend to agree with this - why wait until 2018 to bring a cast back that hasn't led a movie since 2006?! Definitely think if it was going to happen it would have already been done by now.

Especially since by the time 2018 comes around we'll have already had three movies that were led by the FC crew and they plan on reintroducing Scott, Jean and Storm in Apocalypse. What's the point?

Plus, outside of fanboys on the internet - are people honestly going to be raving to see them again? I'm tending to think no...

I tend to agree with this - why wait until 2018 to bring a cast back that hasn't led a movie since 2006?! Definitely think if it was going to happen it would have already been done by now.

Especially since by the time 2018 comes around we'll have already had three movies that were led by the FC crew and they plan on reintroducing Scott, Jean and Storm in Apocalypse. What's the point?

Plus, outside of fanboys on the internet - are people honestly going to be raving to see them again? I'm tending to think no...

Agreed. Depending on who they cast for XMA and how the actors/characters perform, there very well could be a strong desire for the young up-and-comers to return as Cyclops/Jean/Storm etc etc. As opposed to shelving the young crew and going back to the OT cast post XMA.

They are probably waiting until 2018, because the FC cast has 1 more film under their contract and who knows if they want to tell the origin story of Storm/Jean/Cyclops first before they head back to the present again? If Disney brought back the original Star Wars cast after 2 decades, Fox can bring back the original cast in a 2018 film after all, they helped the hype for Days of Future Past. Fox probably already got the trust of the original cast, that the original cast would return if they ask them.

And I think its unfair to say that the casuals won't get excited for the return of the original cast because there's already a younger version of Cyclops/Storm/Jean? I mean seriously. We already got younger version of Beast/Prof X/Magneto/Mystique and yet the return of the original cast still played a big part in the hype of DOFP. And people won't just toss the original cast because there are younger version, the original cast is still the one set in the present and people are still familiar with them.

Last edited:
agreed. General audience will watch both movies, so why do we need to choose? it doesnt make any sense to me. X-men fans should be more than happy if they get movies from both casts, not unhappy, lol

Well producers may be misleading people due to ending
apparently erasing much of trilogy and wolverine solo films

And yet we are getting a 3rd Wolverine solo film
they could set that in the alternate timeline and from what I read, their last scene in DOFP doesn't hint that its their last movie. Like seriously, why bring back James/Famke in the alternate timeline if thats it for them?

And yet we are getting a 3rd Wolverine solo film
they could set that in the alternate timeline and from what I read, their last scene in DOFP doesn't hint that its their last movie. Like seriously, why bring back James/Famke in the alternate timeline if thats it for them?

well
nothing we have seen with most of original cast really matters now so we have no point of reference for them anymore
and for the third wolverine film If it's based on old man logan wolverine himself may be only thing familar to audence
and you really can't call it third wolverine film after wiping out the first 2 films

You ain't meant to think about it so hard

Last edited:
So the viewers would view the 2017 Wolverine film as the 1st Wolverine film? Eh I don't think so. It will still be the 3rd Wolverine movie despite being set in an alternate timeline. MarvelRobbins, may I remind you the events of X1 to TW led to DOFP and DOFP led to a new timeline.

So the viewers would view the 2017 Wolverine film as the 1st Wolverine film? Eh I don't think so. It will still be the 3rd Wolverine movie despite being set in an alternate timeline. MarvelRobbins, may I remind you the events of X1 to TW led to DOFP and DOFP led to a new timeline.

The next wolverine film could be based on old man logan so nothing in past films could be Important.Going forward there may be even more things In APocalypse to make the trilogy and wolverine solo films ilrelvent.Wolverine In APocalypse will not know anything about films now erased.It may end up like nutrek.The FC cast may be franchise now with next wolverine film Hugh jackman's sendoff film If we can believe the next wolverine film will be his last film comments

The next wolverine movie is likely gonna be old man Logan from the sounds of it so probably won't have much ties to the wolverine anyway, apart from maybe his knowledge of it

Don't be so dramatic though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cap2024
Back