• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

Apocalypse X-Men Apocalypse News and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Days of future past Is probally the equilvent of Star Trek 2009 while trek pretty much thorws out entire Trek franchice history here the events of First Class are keep.

Since they may or may not have listened to those wanting FC to reboot franchise the question Is will they listen to those claiming for Rogue,Iceman,Angel,Colossus,kitty to show up In Apocalypse In 1980's. Which further puts X-Men In nutrek situation.

Days of future past Is probally the equilvent of Star Trek 2009 while trek pretty much thorws out entire Trek franchice history here the events of First Class are keep.

Since they may or may not have listened to those wanting FC to reboot franchise the question Is will they listen to those claiming for Rogue,Iceman,Angel,Colossus,kitty to show up In Apocalypse In 1980's. Which further puts X-Men In nutrek situation.

Trek '09 doesn't really do that though.

The inclusion of Spock Prime firmly keeps the new films within continuity. All that film did was not throw away continuity of what came before and basically came up with an alternate reality where things may stay the same or may be different.

Their course is different but the prime timeline is not gone away.

Trek '09 doesn't really do that though.

The inclusion of Spock Prime firmly keeps the new films within continuity. All that film did was not throw away continuity of what came before and basically came up with an alternate reality where things may stay the same or may be different.

Their course is different but the prime timeline is not gone away.

See I disagree with that assumination. They have Spock Prime there to try to fool longtime fans. Things seem different from even before the arrival of neo
In trek 2009.

They're not going to do that unless more time travel

If they tabloid story of hugh jackman singing gor 3 more x-men films Is correct the 2018 film might be an ot sequel but if not all bets are off especilly If
Bryan singer doesn't direct again.

Your right they shouldn't do that but after nutrek I don't put anything past people.

I really don't think they're NuTrekking the same way. It has some similarities but I think they're not done with the ot. And also altering history doesn't make Kitty or Rogue born earlier.

Your correct but nutrek did the same thing.

In original series Pike was said to be not much older than Kirk now he suddenly Is 30 years older. Chekov Is magiclly born earlier than before.Same with Sulu who turns into kirk's age.

If nutrek Is model of what they are doing that could happen to younger characters especilly if 2018 film isn't OT sequel.

just read a spoiler on IMDB involving stryker and wolverine which if this is true means Origins may very well be erased, i do wonder whether this certain spoiler will play into apocalypse

apparently Stryker pulls wolverine out of lake wolverine sent him to drown allowing wolverine's adamanturm to go a totally different way than Origins

In original series Pike was said to be not much older than Kirk now he suddenly Is 30 years older. Chekov Is magiclly born earlier than before.Same with Sulu who turns into kirk's age.

If nutrek Is model of what they are doing that could happen to younger characters especilly if 2018 film isn't OT sequel.

Yeah but that was all the way from the 60s, this is two years after DOFP where we just saw Kitty and Bobby. I think this movie is solidifying actors like Ellen Page in their respective roles.

I have a feeling Gambit will be the star of this film (no matter who plays him). Wonder how young Singer's aiming for.

Thats just gonna be a mess when the newer version of those characters pops up in the 80s or 90s. Like as if changing the future, will lead to those characters being born earlier.

They might as well reboot the whole thing. Hopefully, the producers will know not do something messy like that.

Even if the movie is good, its gonna be a big ball of mess if they do that.

Star Trek is different though.

The events of the original Star Trek series/films with Leonard Nimoy/William Shatner didn't lead to the series being rebooted with Chris Pine/Zachary Quinto filling their role.

The only big similarity they have is, both franchise features alternate timelines.

apparently Stryker pulls wolverine out of lake wolverine sent him to drown allowing wolverine's adamanturm to go a totally different way than Origins

Sure, but its not that simple. theres a HUGE twist.

Thats just gonna be a mess when the newer version of those characters pops up in the 80s or 90s. Like as if changing the future, will lead to those characters being born earlier.

They might as well reboot the whole thing. Hopefully, the producers will know not do something messy like that.

Even if the movie is good, its gonna be a big ball of mess if they do that.

Star Trek is different though.

The events of the original Star Trek series/films with Leonard Nimoy/William Shatner didn't lead to the series being rebooted with Chris Pine/Zachary Quinto filling their role.

The only big similarity they have is, both franchise features alternate timelines.

What the hell are they supposed to do then? If you were forced to do a FC3 and COULD NOT DO AN OT FILM for whatever reason, what are the other options at this point? This is still a "prequel" trilogy that is now in an alternate timeline, just like Star Trek, by all indications. So what concept could they cover with the FC cast exclusively? Another 70's movie? The roster in 1973 isn't very impressive. I am a huge Beast/Magneto guy, but its getting to be a bit overkill with these characters. Gambit on the other hand could desperately use the screen time. As could the other classic X-Men.

It does sound pretty lame that the classic X-Men are going to be tackling Apocalypse as teenagers, but Fox will try to lock that crew down for multiple pictures. However, I don't think they will continue the series with these new actors and not the FC cast, or at least McAvoy's Xavier. I am also not so certain audiences will be keen on X-Men movies exclusively in the 80's and 90's as that wouldn't be driving the concept forward. The X-Men still deal with the same issues of discrimination and genetic profiling in this era, and you can't really cover novel, groundbreaking themes without radically altering the entirety of the X-Men universe and everything it has established in the past 15 years.

Either way it's damned if you do, damned if you don't. As we have seen with Spider-Man, the market isn't going to allow for major X-Men films every couple of years, it's just not. So continuing with a teeny bopper cast in the 80's, Breakfast Club style in new X-films every couple of years won't be financially viable IMO. I would have made Apocalypse a two parter with the FC/OT involved personally, but it doesn't look like Fox has the budget for it.

The ideal solution would be to bump Old Man Logan to May 2016, or late 2016, and then do Apocalypse I/II in 2017 and 2018. Obviously you would need an extra year if Apocalypse is stretched to two films, and that is definitely viable from a business and narrative standpoint. Could have Avengers 3 in May 2018 and Apocalypse II in July as the Marvel summer slate to end all Marvel summer slates. Both the FC/OT must be involved for that scenario to work.

Last edited:
Lauren Shueller Donner at UK premiere just confirmed Bryan Singer as director of Apocalypse. So so far the lawsuit hasn't cost Singer the directing job for Apocalypse.

^^ possibly

LSD tends to talk out of her ass a bit though, it seems
I mean, that's kinda your job as producer, but she's dropped lots of tidbits through the years that have not come to fruition.

What the hell are they supposed to do then? If you were forced to do a FC3 and COULD NOT DO AN OT FILM for whatever reason, what are the other options at this point? This is still a "prequel" trilogy that is now in an alternate timeline, just like Star Trek, by all indications. So what concept could they cover with the FC cast exclusively? Another 70's movie? The roster in 1973 isn't very impressive. I am a huge Beast/Magneto guy, but its getting to be a bit overkill with these characters. Gambit on the other hand could desperately use the screen time. As could the other classic X-Men.

It does sound pretty lame that the classic X-Men are going to be tackling Apocalypse as teenagers, but Fox will try to lock that crew down for multiple pictures. However, I don't think they will continue the series with these new actors and not the FC cast, or at least McAvoy's Xavier. I am also not so certain audiences will be keen on X-Men movies exclusively in the 80's and 90's as that wouldn't be driving the concept forward. The X-Men still deal with the same issues of discrimination and genetic profiling in this era, and you can't really cover novel, groundbreaking themes without radically altering the entirety of the X-Men universe and everything it has established in the past 15 years.

Either way it's damned if you do, damned if you don't. As we have seen with Spider-Man, the market isn't going to allow for major X-Men films every couple of years, it's just not. So continuing with a teeny bopper cast in the 80's, Breakfast Club style in new X-films every couple of years won't be financially viable IMO. I would have made Apocalypse a two parter with the FC/OT involved personally, but it doesn't look like Fox has the budget for it.

The ideal solution would be to bump Old Man Logan to May 2016, or late 2016, and then do Apocalypse I/II in 2017 and 2018. Obviously you would need an extra year if Apocalypse is stretched to two films, and that is definitely viable from a business and narrative standpoint. Could have Avengers 3 in May 2018 and Apocalypse II in July as the Marvel summer slate to end all Marvel summer slates. Both the FC/OT must be involved for that scenario to work.

Eh I really don't get what you're saying. I think their schedule is alright, Apocalypse in 2016 and Wolverine 3 (not Old Man Logan, like as if they already confirmed that) set in 2017. Then possibly another big X-Men in 2018.

In one sentence, I'm saying Fox believes it's too late in the game to feature the OT cast, and I agree that casting really young actors to fill those roles in the future could be very cheap and haphazard. There is no easy solution so I think it's best to exercise some caution, no matter how big a hit DOFP is.

Last edited:
Too late in the game? Mister, have you seen the posters/merchandizes in the movie. The OT cast is in every marketing material. Nothing is too late. Like I said, if Disney could bring the original Star Wars cast back, who looked so much older than the OT cast and who had a break from doing Star Wars for like 2 decades. Featuring the OT cast (who just appeared in the 2014 X-Men film) in the 2018 X-Men film doesn't seem farfetch. They look good for their age, the audience are still familiar with them (when I watch The Wolverine, people whispered when they saw Jean/Professor X/Magneto) and the characters that they are portraying are the most essential characters of the X-Men series.

People who already saw DOFP on board said it didn't feel like last film with OT cast.Don't forget Hugh jackman has basicly been confirmed for Apocalypse after
many took it for granted he wouldn't be In Apocalypse.

Lauren Shueller Donner and Hutch Parker have reconfirmed that you could see original cast again after Days of future past.

patrick Stewart has been mentioning he has heard rumblings of original cast returing.

A british tabloid-which could be a BS story-Is claiming jackman has signed for 3 more films which could be apocalypse,next wolverine film,and the mystery 2018
film.Plus since jackman first played wolverine In X-Men film it's more fitting his last turn would be In full X-Men film not wolverine solo.

lauren Shueller Donner has announced Channing Tantum will play Gambit so it's likely he would be In Apocalypse.

I needs to know what the secret 2018 film is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cap2024
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"