Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was checking up on the updated Hall H schedule for Thursday, and it seems like Fox's panel was originally going to be from 11:30-12:30, but then the Kingsman panel was scheduled for 11-12. So maybe we'll have 11-12:30 for Fox (since Brigsby Bear won't start until 12:45), which would be enough to get in Kingsman/Maze Runner/X-films?

Fingers crossed we have a 90 minute Fox panel.
Thats alot of time to discuss Kingman, I do want to see the movie a little but my gosh slice that time up.

Thats alot of time to discuss Kingman, I do want to see the movie a little but my gosh slice that time up.
I mean, it's probably not gonna last that long unless they show off large chunks of the movie to fans like Fox did for Logan. Fox seems pretty confident in Kingsman 2 though, so who knows. But I'm sure they'll just say it's for Kingsman and then introduce others later as a "surprise".

I highly doubt Kingsman is an hour panel. But yeah, who knows.
Ohk idk if we will be seeing a teaser for NM first DP has been filming weeks longer but who knows. I am looking forward to NM as well. Either way would great to see I dont think we will be getting a teaser for DP next month though I agree.

NM should come out first since it's something that comes out in April as opposed to Nov. It has a tighter schedule yes, but the release date is set and they should have a teaser and promotional material at the latest by January. Earlier if they are smart. That's not much time to promote a new IP that has the potential to make what XMA made.

With XMDP I just don't see them releasing an official teaser till the beginning of April at the earliest much like what happened with Thor. Unless Fox completely changes their game of course.

Last edited:
Well, besides Turner and Williams for Game of Thrones, Sheridan for Ready Player One, and both Kinberg and Donner for Legion and The Gifted, do we know of anyone attached to X-Men that will even be at Comic-Con?

Charlie and Josh have Stranger Things and the MCU. I think James might be doing a bit of Atomic Blonde promo but Dave Leitch is already confirmed for sure.

Talking about panel possibilities Fox could easily do if wanted, revealing a big concept Art of all the Shi'ars together would be a huge deal on the X-Men section and would create a lot of hype on the net, no doubt about it.

But again, all goes back to the same question: Does Fox want that level of hype/Splash?

Maybe they can at least confirm Jessica Chastain's casting. What's up with that? Lol

Come on Fox, we want the first look!
i know right lol.
Talking about panel possibilities Fox could easily do if wanted, revealing a big concept Art of all the Shi'ars together would be a huge deal on the X-Men section and would create a lot of hype on the net, no doubt about it.

But again, all goes back to the same question: Does Fox want that level of hype/Splash?
I would actually really like this, I dont need any scenes from the movie just a reveal of the costumes or concept art of what they have in mind until they drop the teaser.
I mean, it's probably not gonna last that long unless they show off large chunks of the movie to fans like Fox did for Logan. Fox seems pretty confident in Kingsman 2 though, so who knows. But I'm sure they'll just say it's for Kingsman and then introduce others later as a "surprise".
Ohk I was about to say lol
I highly doubt Kingsman is an hour panel. But yeah, who knows.

NM should come out first since it's something that comes out in April as opposed to Nov. It has a tighter schedule yes, but the release date is set and they should have a teaser and promotional material at the latest by January. Earlier if they are smart. That's not much time to promote a new IP that has the potential to make what XMA made.

With XMDP I just don't see them releasing an official teaser till the beginning of April at the earliest much like what happened with Thor. Unless Fox completely changes their game of course.
You do have a point there since NM does come out first and it is something new. I look forward to seeing something from the movie and Im hoping we get Reyes using her powers she was a fav of mine when she was introduced.

It says that theyre urgently looking for a Sikh man with a turban(they really had to say that?) between 40-70 for filming.
Filming will take place from July 24-August 3rd.

I think. My Portuguese reading skills aren't too great.

The Phoenix better not turn out to be some ancient prophecy that only this man knows. Of course, I say that going off of this alone and could be completely wrong.

I do hope the proper people are available this go around to polish the special effects. I think for Apocaypse they were busy with Jungle Book, hopefully Aladdin and Lion King dont take away to much from XMen.

Ohk idk if we will be seeing a teaser for NM first DP has been filming weeks longer but who knows. I am looking forward to NM as well. Either way would great to see I dont think we will be getting a teaser for DP next month though I agree.

I presume the post production for DP is longer than it was for Apocalypse. I can't imagine anyone working on Apocalypse being too happy by the green screen work, so we should get something a bit more modern this time.

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8tugL5b7sg[/YT]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8tugL5b7sg

hard to turn this off minute they went with x-men will join mcu.thinking dark phoenix will be best x-men film based on what.we have almost no information on it.ignoring the user is delsional about mcu you should have more information before making that kind of commet.

LOL Sophie's stunt double (from Apocalypse but I'd imagine she'll be back) followed me back on instagram and liked one of my pics

DFDXoEZXUAAnH2N.jpg

DFDXp7NXcAMyfyq.jpg

Sebastien Larroude is back as the concept artist for Dark Phoenix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"