Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
you hate Kinberg??? :wow:
you just cant say that on here, man!
be ready for his fans to create third world war against you now :woot: :woot: :woot:

I think I speak for most people when I say it sounds kinda dumb to be either a Kinberg fan or a Kinberg hater until after he's directed something. He comes off as a nice guy in interviews though. I'm hoping he gives us a great X-Men movie, especially if this is the last one before Marvel gets the rights back.

as I said some days ago, everyone in hollywood has fans and haters, thats part of the industry. So I guess to each its own lol
and my comment was mostly a joke, but well, if someone wants to hate him or deffend him like if he was an icon or something, let them be :woot:

I think I speak for most people when I say it sounds kinda dumb to be either a Kinberg fan or a Kinberg hater until after he's directed something. He comes off as a nice guy in interviews though. I'm hoping he gives us a great X-Men movie, especially if this is the last one before Marvel gets the rights back.

you definitely don't speak for "most people" anyone who's followed his career has known he's made some very questionable choices. so it's perfectly ok to assume things and have negativity towards him.. we've been burned before by his own choices.

im interested to see how he does at directing, but unfortunately i can't be excited about this movie yet.. which sucks. i really wish i could. But with the likelyhood of the FOX/Disney merger.. this film feels even more pointless to me

you definitely don't speak for "most people" anyone who's followed his career has known he's made some very questionable choices. so it's perfectly ok to assume things and have negativity towards him.. we've been burned before by his own choices.

im interested to see how he does at directing, but unfortunately i can't be excited about this movie yet.. which sucks. i really wish i could. But with the likelyhood of the FOX/Disney merger.. this film feels even more pointless to me

Thats because youve been conditioned to think standalone movies are worthless now and sequels are king, all because of the MCU serialized story telling.

Dark Phoenix is a sequel........

Dark Phoenix is a sequel. Possibly two parts. X-Men is also a franchise. A franchise that started back in 2000, 8 years before the first MCU movie. Seriously, wake up. Even Kinberg himself said the idea of Apocalypse was to make the FC trilogy look like a "3 chapter minisserie" of the stories of Charles, Eric and Raven.

Thats because youve been conditioned to think standalone movies are worthless now and sequels are king, all because of the MCU serialized story telling.

lol slow down their whippersnapper.. jumping the gun a bit much? I full appreciate stand alone films.. as well as sequels.. a good movie is a good movie. but thanks for going off on a tangent and assuming a heck of alot. Besides.. this film is a part of a franchise, is a sequel.. and is not a stand alone film

They’ve been conditioned to disregard whatever happened in the previous movie so it’s understandable for one to forget that these are supposed to be sequels to previous movies. A new Brotherhood is formed? Nah, Magneto’s in prison and Mystique is working on her own. Mystique fished Wolverine out of the Potomac? Nah, Wolverine still got the claws the same way, with the same perpetrator. Xavier’s optimistic about the future? Well now he’s REALLY optimistic. We’re going to the MOOOOOOON y’all!

And now we’ve got the braiN (still makes me laugh that she said brain, singular) of the X-men behind those ^^^ very decisions * finally * taking the reins of the franchise. He’s had to sit there quietly and defer to * that * hack Singer who was never nice to his cast, caused So. Much. Drama. and was an absentee director. (He also probably kicks puppies.)

But never again! What can go wrong?

I don’t really comment on whether people should say hurrah or Blergh to Kinberg but I think what a couple of users on here are getting frustrated by is having a conversation about anything new and within about 4 posts you see the “yeah but it’s kinberg so it going to be awful” “yeah it’s done by fox and not Disney so there’s no point in the film”.

Obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion, but even I know I’ve not commented on certain posts because the same people appear with the exact same script as to how much they hate those particular things, without really looking at what the latest bit of news even was.

When we got the new photos they were discussed for like a day and then it became a kinberg hate fest. Again I’m not saying that people shouldn’t hate him, but if you really don’t see the point of the film being made, why even comment on it? It’s still going to come out in November....

Cannot wait for the first teaser

tenor.gif

Does anyone else think that Tye Sheridan and Alexandria Shipp will get more screen time if both Love, Simon and Ready Player One are boxoffice hits? Also do you think the presence of J-law will decrease after the box office failure of Red Sparrow? I'm just curious.

#InKinbergWedontTrustAnymore
:funny:
Im sure a lot of users on the net would feel identified with that hastag

I don’t really comment on whether people should say hurrah or Blergh to Kinberg but I think what a couple of users on here are getting frustrated by is having a conversation about anything new and within about 4 posts you see the “yeah but it’s kinberg so it going to be awful” “yeah it’s done by fox and not Disney so there’s no point in the film”.

Obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion, but even I know I’ve not commented on certain posts because the same people appear with the exact same script as to how much they hate those particular things, without really looking at what the latest bit of news even was.

When we got the new photos they were discussed for like a day and then it became a kinberg hate fest. Again I’m not saying that people shouldn’t hate him, but if you really don’t see the point of the film being made, why even comment on it? It’s still going to come out in November....

because we are all passionate about the X-men.. and we all want them to be done specific ways..

because we are all passionate about the X-men.. and we all want them to be done specific ways..

To be honest I wasn’t really including you in that hahaha, you at least explain your points.

who doesnt explain their points exactly?
because I get everyone points on here, psyckolossus included. Lip, Franke, Def, Xmaniac.... we all want the same really. At least this portion of the users.

There’s a difference between raising an issue and then hammering the same thing anytime someone raises a positive or discusses something new, that’s all I’m saying. It just gets you to the point there’s no point discussing anything

Huh? The man is a writer and his writing is garbage.

Either way, I’m glad they are testing the film. It’s smart.

Cannot wait for the first teaser

tenor.gif

Same here. Been anticipating new info since January. I really wish it was coming out during Summer, but I guess they wanted to distance themselves from all the other comic book films.

There is a possibility that this second test screening could be happening to test the changes that were possibly made after the reactions of the first screening. Instead of just testing to a different audience.

The previous source that talked about the movie and Chastain's character said that apparently there were multiple versions of the script and her character had different identities. Maybe they're testing some "alternative stuff" they shot? Who knows?

There’s a difference between raising an issue and then hammering the same thing anytime someone raises a positive or discusses something new, that’s all I’m saying. It just gets you to the point there’s no point discussing anything

if there is a time where there is no point discussing anymore, then it means the people involved ended agreeing somehow :woot:

I mean, after all this is a public board, and each user has his own opinion and it wont change from one month to another, so I think its inevitable that the same discussions happen each week, thats the nature of boards, usual users will keep sharing their thoughts, and if their thoughts havent changed in the latest weeks/months... what do you expect them to post? a lie?

at the end of the day, everyone on here is free to post whatever they want, either a positive comment, a negative, a reaction to a new photo, a past movie, about Fox, about a producer.... I mean, this is what boards are made for.

The problem starts when some users dont want to accept the critics and go after those users complaining. Thats the same problem that has led to mods needing to delete comments. If some fans talk bad about Kinberg, its their right, and those who like Kinberg and his movies have to deal with that. Thats all. None will change anyones opinion on here, I think at this point we all should have came to that conclusion.

The LA screening is starting in a few minutes. I made it through but the screening room filled up before us regular people got seated so half of us, including myself, were turned away. Made it on the lot and through to the room and everything. Maybe we’ll hear reactions like we did for the last screening shortly tonight or tomorrow.

The LA screening is starting in a few minutes. I made it through but the screening room filled up before us regular people got seated so half of us, including myself, were turned away. Made it on the lot and through to the room and everything. Maybe we’ll hear reactions like we did for the last screening shortly tonight or tomorrow.

Aw man that's disapointing! How many people usually show up to these things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"