Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
its not joy, its the only mechanism I have left to not feel frustrated or depressed close to suicide with this franchise :funny:

We, I would recommend to re-watch X2, Days of Future Past, and Logan in a row to remember how much GREATNESS lies in this franchise.

We, I would recommend to re-watch X2, Days of Future Past, and Logan in a row to remember how much GREATNESS lies in this franchise.

3 films out of 9, not the greatest of achievements is it. (Didn't count Deadpool)

I would add First Class and Deadpool to that list, so there is 5

This is getting a little ridiculous

At this point I’d almost rather they not release both of those films

Whelp, I've tried to stay positive, but this ain't good. This ain't good at all. Damn. I really do like having more than just the one size fits all style of the MCU, but when the competitors always seem to be two steps forward, one step back, it is hard to continue making that fight.

At least Deadpool 2 should be good, right?
I'll be surprised if it isn't. Maybe not compared to the first, but otherwise I think it will be a fun film. I have a feeling they got Cable right, and if so then it's going to be hard for me not to have a good time.

Im a fan of the X-Men team first and foremost, so if I can only celebrate 2 team movies from 18 years of this franchise, well.... you cant expect the fans from all over the world to be on joy mode after all these years. Talk about an unrealistic expectation.

Maybe we'll get a documentary in 10 years time.

''The Death of Dark Phoenix and New Mutants: What Happened?''

Either way, if Fox/Kinberg need more time to make the film better, I can wait 3 months. Id rather they have improved Apocalypse with a delay than end up with the final product we got on time.

there is also nothing wrong with X-Men 1. so there are already 6.

X1 has always been a mediocre at best film to me. I have never really been a fan, overall. Some good in there, but largely, blah.

Well guess that explains why we haven't gotten a trailer yet. Sheesh.

I would release Dark Phoenix as its not entirely new, but a sequel to a mediocre film. Also Kinberg needs to know if he's a good director or not who knows if that would finally put some sense to Fox hiring him again and again for no good reason. The New Mutants though... Straight to DVD, straight on demand, fox locked vault, anything would be fine.

Anyway, bad movies needs bad consequences. Its one way for studios like Fox to learn something for enth time!

Now is to wait
for me if it arrives in August / September and we do not have the first trailer, and a signal that will never be released, it will probably arrive in November and change the date again, until this project is forgotten.

Either way, if Fox/Kinberg need more time to make the film better, I can wait 3 months. Id rather they have improved Apocalypse with a delay than end up with the final product we got on time.

that's true. Apocalypse could have been easily improved with a re-cut of the last 40 minutes...

there is also nothing wrong with X-Men 1. so there are already 6.

I still like The Wolverine. A lot of people let that final fight overshadow the whole film, but the majority of it is pretty good.

Fox is coming to an end, so.... they arent that worried, I guess. And they perfectly know the X-Men franchise is coming to an end too, even if they keep announcing projects, lol, but they know the real truth.

by now I also think that all the movie announcements last year where actually mainly a strategy to sell the studio's properties to the highest bidder.

probably, yeah. Or as some pointed out, producers strategy to end on a bigger note, with a bigger catalogue, so getting more money from the property before Disney/Feige took control and all the money after that.

Maybe we'll get a documentary in 10 years time.

''The Death of Dark Phoenix and New Mutants: What Happened?''

Fox is not going to shelve two films they spent nine figures on. It doesn't bode well for New Mutants at all since it's delayed over a year now.

As for Dark Phoenix... a four-month delay isn't going to allow the studio to reshoot the whole thing. They probably heard Columbia won't have Silver & Black ready for February and decided to head there.

November 2018 is packed with films, and Dark Phoenix would've been knocked out of quite a few theaters by Thanksgiving due to Wreck It Ralph 2, Fantastic Beasts 2, and Universal's Illumination Grinch film.

I would add First Class and Deadpool to that list, so there is 5

Yes, as revisionist fanboys start piling on the X-franchise has given us at least four X-films I'd happily take over most or all of the MCU--First Class, Days of Future Past, Deapdool, and especially Logan--as well as three other solid superhero films in X1, X2, and The Wolverine.

I know after this sign of a total lack of confidence from Fox sadly means the cynics are going to get their way (and DP and NM will probably not be very good). But I will not pretend that the X-franchise is not an important part of superhero cinema, and one that has contributed to much of why it is so well respected today.

P.S. Saying you can't count Deadpool is ridiculous. It is part of the goofy, messy canon and is also a movie that Disney nor Warner Brothers would have made.

And to think that they have numerous X-films planned for the next few years which I’m starting to think is all just bluff. Any word on Gambit? Urgh.

When the franchise hit new heights with First Class and DOFP, I really did not care which studio was making the movies. Now it’s just so hard to stay positive and supportive considering that Fox themselves are giving the wrong signals. The films may have been delayed purely for reshoots but I don’t think Fox is that stupid to think that this is not creating some PR disaster.

I’m just so weary and I’m more than ready for Marvel’s take on the property, whether they are made part of the MCU or not (I am one of those who prefer the mutants in a separate film universe). Which is so frustrating as I’d take X2, FC, DOFP, Deadpool and Logan over most MCU properties. I hope Deadpool 2 is really good. The news is quite distressing for those who want their X-Men fix.

Last edited:
At least Fox push their films back amid reshoots to make them better and not rush to meet a November date...

And to think that they have numerous X-films planned for the next few years which I’m starting to think is all just bluff. Any word on Gambit? Urgh.

they just signed the fifth director

oAvvL.gif

Yes, as revisionist fanboys start piling on the X-franchise has given us at least four X-films I'd happily take over most or all of the MCU--First Class, Days of Future Past, Deapdool, and especially Logan--as well as three other solid superhero films in X1, X2, and The Wolverine.

I know after this sign of a total lack of confidence from Fox sadly means the cynics are going to get their way (and DP and NM will probably not be very good). But I will not pretend that the X-franchise is not an important part of superhero cinema, and one that has contributed to much of why it is so well respected today.

P.S. Saying you can't count Deadpool is ridiculous. It is part of the goofy, messy canon and is also a movie that Disney nor Warner Brothers would have made.

Curious as to why this seems like a lack of confidence for you.

its not joy, its the only mechanism I have left to not feel frustrated or depressed close to suicide with this franchise :funny:
Yeah, 4 great movies (Logan, DOFP,X2, FC) 2 really good ones (X1, Deadpool) and 1 good (TW). What a terrible franchise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"