Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do I keep seeing “it’s only 3 months they pushed it back” that’s still 10-11 months from now that’s a crazy push back being that it already had the date of Nov to polish up everything since the movie was already finished. Something weird is going on and I do feel bad for NM. With every announcement my excitement just goes down and frankly now I don’t even care if the movie ever gets released. This just isn’t good I hope the fans still get to see the movie they were excited about.

No throwing shade on other posters. Come on guys!

X1 has always been a mediocre at best film to me. I have never really been a fan, overall. Some good in there, but largely, blah.

The film is a tad outdated in the current golden era of comic book movies, but I give Singer and his crew a heaping load of extra credit for successfully pulling off a super hero team up flick given the extremely high difficulty level and the skepticism from both the studio and the post B&R audience. Magneto and Charles were perfect portrayed and Skinny Hugh, Paquin's Rogue and Janssen's Jean were not too far behind. And Marsden's Cyclops (with leadership!) and Berry's Storm (occasionally with accent!) showed promise that unfortunately wasn't to be fulfilled.

My opinion is probably clouded by the memory of sitting in the theater opening weekend and being thrilled it wasn't a disaster, and I admit it plays an awful lot like a pilot to a TV show. But I am still a fan of the movie.

Yeah, 4 great movies (Logan, DOFP,X2, FC) 2 really good ones (X1, Deadpool) and 1 good (TW). What a terrible franchise!

so only two great X-Men team movies after 18 years?
is that a positive to you?

and how many x-men got a great treatment? the list wont be bigger than 5 names. And when I say X-Men, I say X-Men: the x-men members, not Striker and Magneto, even if he is a member now. We all know what we are talking about.

if DP will actually be released in February
they now have plenty of time to create hype, make a good trailer, publicize a lot at comic book events, fix what may be wrong and improve what's good.
the next few months will be tense for me.

they now have plenty of time to create hype, make a good trailer, publicize a lot at comic book events, fix what may be wrong and improve what's good.

Avengers 4 might be dominating conversation like BP & IW are doing now.

they had 1 full year after they ended production in October. Now they need 1 year and 3 months? And doesnt this movie have less action according to sources? then why do they need all this time? lol. Doesnt make too much sense.

and how many x-men got a great treatment? the list wont be bigger than 5 names. And when I say X-Men, I say X-Men: the x-men members, not Striker and Magneto, even if he is a member now. We all know what we are talking about.

This guy gets it.

Why do I keep seeing “it’s only 3 months they pushed it back” that’s still 10-11 months from now that’s a crazy push back being that it already had the date of Nov to polish up everything since the movie was already finished. Something weird is going on and I do feel bad for NM. With every announcement my excitement just goes down and frankly now I don’t even care if the movie ever gets released. This just isn’t good I hope the fans still get to see the movie they were excited about.

original.gif

What an exaggeration
the main team had 6 movies
4 were good or very good (X2, DOFP, X1, FC)
and only 2 were bad depending on the point of view (X3 and apocalypse)
we can discuss the treatment of the characters, which I fully agree
but to say that most of the movies were bad, it's nonsense

Last edited:
This guy gets it.

its not like Im the first person to adress this, Ive been reading quotes like that for years from many different fans and people on the net.

I mean.... why do x-men fans think the x-men movies (the team ones) have done less and less in usa since X3? because Fox were doing a great job?
yeah, sure lol

they had 1 full year after they ended production in October. Now they need 1 year and 3 months? And doesnt this movie have less action according to sources? then why do they need all this time? lol. Doesnt make too much sense.

only the future can answer that :woot:

Dark Phoenix's creative team probably just wants to perfect the FX. New Mutants, on the other hand... Yikes! :huh::eek::(

No, what is positive to me is the amount of good/great films made by Fox. Yeah, it's underwhelming that some of the characters (alright, most of them) are treated poorly but still most of their movies (team films or spin offs, whatever) are great or at least very good, nothing can't change that :oldrazz:

its not like Im the first person to adress this, Ive been reading quotes like that for years from many different fans and people on the net.

I mean.... why do x-men fans think the x-men movies (the team ones) have done less and less in usa since X3? because Fox were doing a great job?
yeah, sure lol

well,...what does commercial success has to do with anything? You are talking about two different things here.

But this conversation is quite pointless. I have some beautiful movies to watch once in awhile thanks to FOX, so no need to fight. Just turning on my beamer and enjoy some great movie adaptations of the source material from my childhood. Which fanbase is so lucky?

Last edited:
What an exaggeration

I agree that X1 and FC were good movies, I loved both.
But the main point I think some fans are missing here is this:

Are the fanbase/general comic lovers happy with Fox's treatment of Cyclops, Storm, Rogue, Angel and Gambit? (to name a few)

This is pivotal. Its not about just doing good movies (X1, FC), its about did they treat the X-Men that well that made the general audience and fans so excited to see the sequels?

the boxoffice numbers speak for itself.

If I had to bet money, I would say the Skrull rumors likely were true, but now they're changing them to something else in reshoots, which would require whole sale SFX changes. That is my guess on why this is being done.

"Could it simply be Fox think Feb would be a good move for box office results since Logan and Deadpool 1 were both released then in recent years?"

You'd think so. Instead it means that Kinberg's a hack, it means that Fox doesn't know what they're doing, it means unconfirmed reshoots, it means losing faith in a film that we barely know anything about, it means speculating about the how the MCU will treat this property better, it means rejoicing at the thought that this film may never come out. It basically means everything except what you've already said.

At least for Dark Phoenix, this is pretty clearly about changing release dates. They didn't push it back six months...they moved it to February. It gives them more time to work on effects, marketing, but it's likely about the release date that has been good to them recently.

But no, instead the sky has to be falling. The "I'll bet the grapes were sour anyway" comments are my favorite so far.

Last edited:
What an exaggeration
we can discuss the treatment of the characters, which I fully agree
but to say that most of the movies were bad, it's nonsense

He probably doesnt consider FC and DOFP team films and neither do I. The main team was only featured in the OT, and Apocalpse. They were barely in DOFP as the focus of the film wasnt on them. FC was an Xavier and Magneto origin film with C and D listers as a supporting cast, but definitely not the X-men

If I had to bet money, I would say the Skrull rumors likely were true, but now they're changing them to something else in reshoots, which would require whole sale SFX changes. That is my guess on why this is being done.

a friend of mine and other people out there have suggested this too, I guess its a solid posibility, but what a mess it would be, man. what a mess
:facepalm:

He probably doesnt consider FC and DOFP team films and neither do I. The main team was only featured in the OT, and Apocalpse. They were barely in DOFP as the focus of the film wasnt on them. FC was an Xavier and Magneto origin film with C and D listers as a supporting cast, but definitely not the X-men

but Magneto and Xavier are X-Men...:whatever:

its not like Im the first person to adress this

You're certainly not, because I've been beating this drum for about three years now.

I enjoyed DOFP but the further away we got from that movie the more I began to realize how tired I was of seeing the same characters and the same themes tackled in the exact same way in each of the X-men films. I'm clearly far from alone on this one.

Far as I'm concerned this movie's fate was sealed the day they let Kinberg direct it. Don't get me wrong, there's still a slim chance of that this could turn out to be a decent movie, but I guarantee you it'll still do all of the same things that every other X-men movie has done over and over and over and over....

At least for Dark Phoenix, this is pretty clearly about just changing release dates.

Lol how is that "clear"? At all?

Its not the end of the world,no. However I do find it somewhat humourous we can go from 3 XMen related movies this year, to now only 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"