Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

As far as the world is concerned, Magneto defeated Apocalypse based on news reports at the end of that movie. Just like as far as the world is concerned Mystique saved Nixon and changed the tide for for human-mutant relations for the better in Days. Without any help from Xavier (nor Beast nor Jean nor Cyclops nor Storm nor Nightcrawler) for the former.
Without any help from Xavier (nor Beast nor future Logan) for the latter.

So why is Xavier on the cover of Time? Why is Charles a superstar? Why is he a Nobel Peace Prize winner? And if the answer is that Professor Charles Xavier did something special between the end of Apocalypse and the beginning of Dark Phoenix, why is all that interesting stuff happening in between movies?

Creative Writing 101: Show, Don't Tell.
Oh whatever, did they show every reason Tony is on magazine covers in Iron Man? They don't even care to show Hank Pym at all though he's supposedly world renowned scientist until his debut in AM.

I think it's more than possible we can infer a legacy wealthy man who was known for being a bad boy suddenly opening a non for profit school for disabled and or specialized school for mutants (who are now more positively associated) is going to make at least national news. Most likely he was at least a socialite in his early days so this turn would make people respect him more and get things like Noble Prizes.

You're reaching with that one especially since we have no idea how it will play out in context of the film. He very well might "show" us in one way or another.

we all know Kinbergs scripts. We dont need to wait when we already know he doesnt give explanations to most stuff.

All I see is "blah,blah, already made up my mind without seeing anything blah, blah."

Can we get some new material?

Also he did give an explanation for why he built a non profit school for children to learn to harness skills that could be dangerous if mishandled. That was in the last film. It literally showed them building said school.

That alone would buy the cost of admission for a NPP but he also leads a group of superhero celebrities in helping to save the world in conjunction with the US government again set up in the last films. So again it's a reach to say that isn't set up by narrative of previous installments.

Last edited:
I can’t wait to see this movie, but im still a bit taken aback at the lack of Shiar and Hellfire Club. I’ve read that Chastains character replaces all of that and I hope it’s not true. Lilandra , Mastermind, etc are all fantastic characters and integral to the Dark Phoenix story - it would not feel right to not have them in the film.

you can tell the love to the comics characters when Kinberg just ignore all of them in this popular and praised story. pretty telling.

Because Xavier is the face of the x-men in the world stage.
The X-men was literally just formed at the end of Apocalypse (regardless of Mystique saying she supposedly came up with the name with her First Class cohorts...she didn’t).

So my complaints about the decades-long gap still stands.

I can’t wait to see this movie, but im still a bit taken aback at the lack of Shiar and Hellfire Club. I’ve read that Chastains character replaces all of that and I hope it’s not true. Lilandra , Mastermind, etc are all fantastic characters and integral to the Dark Phoenix story - it would not feel right to not have them in the film.

I think it's long past the point where we should have hope for those factions appearing.

The X-men was literally just formed at the end of Apocalypse (regardless of Mystique saying she supposedly came up with the name with her First Class cohorts...she didn’t).

So my complaints about the decades-long gap still stands.

It basically the jump from Avengers (when they formed the team) to AoU.

I really don't see the issue here. The xmen formed in Apocalypse. They have been saving the world for year that has increased popularity in the world; to a somewhat celebrity status. And Xavier (who has said to have an ego now) as took spotlight for the xmen on the world stage = magazine covers, etc.

Dz9W5lVX0AAgCN-.jpg:large

"real real soon"

NEW TRAILER CONFIRMED!!!

Dz9W5lVX0AAgCN-.jpg:large

"real real soon"

NEW TRAILER CONFIRMED!!!

I expect it will likley be the 28th given the accidentally Twitter leak.

They could maybe release something for the Oscars (ultimately the box office of Dark P is Disneys issue; so it's in their benefit to air something).

the trailer is coming
but I hope you have other things, new photos, magazine covers and etc, it's time for marketing to start totally.

Im not sure Im ready to see plenty of pics of Mystique and Magneto.
sometimes the non marketing makes me feel more calm thanks to the lack of them :funny:

Oh whatever, did they show every reason Tony is on magazine covers in Iron Man? They don't even care to show Hank Pym at all though he's supposedly world renowned scientist until his debut in AM.
I can kinda understand why you two would bring up the MCU here (since if you brought it up in the MCU boards--the correct forum--you'd probably be booed out faster than you can say "Kinberg is a good writer").

That said, go complain about the MCU in their thread!

Last edited:
I can kinda understand why you two would bring up the MCU here (since if you brought it up in the MCU boards--the correct forum--you'd probably be booed out faster than you can say "Kinberg is a good writer").

I only brought it up because it's the most relevant superhero comicbook film franchise involving a team over mutiple films. (Side note I like the MCU so I'm not complaining).
And I wasn't at all suggesting it was negative; it was actually in the favour of my argument.

The rest of my post was clearly played out my argument with regards to the dynamic in Xmen films. Specifically relating to Dark Phoenix the subject of this thread.

Stop it you clearly don't have an intelligent rebuttal and seemed to be deflecting because of it. If you actually read our words you would have seen nothing either one of us said was in any way a dig just a fact. I love Marvel. I was very critical of Captain Marvel and did show up on her boards still would if I cared more.

We were using those films as examples of how people are being far too critical of every single detail of this film. The only one making this into a "is vs. them" thing is you atm.

Anyway if we get a trailer that made sure to add the Hellfire Club and Lilandra and the Shiar some of the same people saying how they dislike it would be angry and saying they wish Fox didn't get to them first because they want to see them "done better" or some such nonsense. Damned if you do damned if you don't.

I really don't see the issue here. The xmen formed in Apocalypse. They have been saving the world for year that has increased popularity in the world; to a somewhat celebrity status. And Xavier (who has said to have an ego now) as took spotlight for the xmen on the world stage = magazine covers, etc.
I don't get it either. It's pretty straightforward. Some are just looking for reasons to be angry with this film even if they don't exist.

He also loves calling people names.
Stop it you clearly don't have an intelligent rebuttal and seemed to be deflecting because of it. If you actually read our words you would have seen nothing either one of us said was in any way a dig just a fact. I love Marvel. I was very critical of Captain Marvel and did show up on her boards still would if I cared more.
Ahhh the usual Jh post. Calling anyone who disagrees with you unintelligent or ignorant or needing reading lessons.

The truth is (and going OFF-TOPIC for a second. Sorry mods!) I'm very meh to the Ant-man franchise. I also think Brie as an actress is quite weak as *the* future of the MCU. But why do you need to know any of that? How is that related in any way to Dark Phoenix?
We were using those films as examples of how people are being far too critical of every single detail of this film. The only one making this into a "is vs. them" thing is you atm.
You comparing the way Fox is tackling their own comic book franchise to something you think is subpar (CM and AM) is you admitting Singer and Kinberg and Fox dropped the ball on theirs. Congrats you played yourself!

Besides, just because you think one studio has messed up a popular character(s) doesn't give another studio the license to also drop the ball on theirs.

As an X-men fan, why are you settling? Whatever happened to aiming for something better?

Last edited:
Peep that Simon used the bird emoji and the fire emoji when saying that we'll be getting SOMETHING really soon. I hope that was a hint that they will capitalize off the Phoenix with this next trailer/photo...we NEED a money shot to keep people talking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"