Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

Just watched the deleted scenes. They have been complete idiots by deleting those. What the hell were they thinking?! Those scenes could have only added to the finished product. The movie wasn't that long anyway.

That is hilarious

To be fair, the Comcast program guide also takes shots at Avengers: Endgame and the MCU in general. It jokes that Spidey leaving the MCU is worse than the snap. NBC/Universal/Comcast really has it in for Disney/Marvel and its fans, the jerks. :argh:

I can't speak for everyone but for myself, and Dark Phoenix wasn't my worst nightmare. The end-product, the one shown in theatres was even way way below even the worst of my expectations. The movie bombed spectacularly, the reviews were horrendous and the X-men *were* (are?) the joke of Hollywood. And that's a huge "accomplishment" even for Kinberg.

The reboot can't come soon enough.

It really can’t. But it’s gonna be a long wait.

It really can’t. But it’s gonna be a long wait.
Meanwhile Steinfeld might be cast as Kate Bishop...

Though she dodged a bullet by not getting cast in 2016 as Jean. LOL

Was already planning on getting a steelbook, and after pre-ordering it, will be picking it up today.

So...who else is gonna buy this on blu ray to support it? Who’s with me!

*crickets following by several haystacks blowing in the wind*
I will...eventually. I'll wait til I see it for 10-15 bucks though

I was going to buy this on Blu-Ray, but then I remembered I have enough coasters, and, as I'm getting older, time is more precious. I like to NOT waste the time I have left.

In all seriousness, I may stumble across it at some point.

I watched it for the first time tonight. It's not the worst movie ever made. It felt more like a TV movie.

I'm a completist so I had to get it. And, I'll take it over Apocalypse.

Like I usually do with movies that disappoint me, I was thinking about things that could have improved the Dark Phoenix movie. It hit me that it might have been better to have Chastain in the role of Selene the Black Queen, and have her leading a revived version of the Hellfire Club. Besides being a better use of her talent and star-power, it would tie the story back to First Class (a movie most people seem to like) and have her play a character with more substance and backstory who's actually from the comics. Besides, seven films into a series is a little late to suddenly introduce aliens, especially aliens as generic and underdeveloped as the D'Bari.

I watched this today and it’s not that bad of a movie compared to TLS or Apocalypse. My only issue is that Storm, Kurt, Pierto (can’t stand Peter) didn’t get enough character development when it comes to their relationship with Jean.
I wish Simon would’ve went with the ultimate storyline for the cosmic force. I don’t mind the D’bari aliens (because why waist the Shi’Ar in one film) they could have been developed more perhaps they were the ones that created the force to help battle the Skrulls and Kree (a nod to the larger universe) since they are seen as a lower alien species, but they couldn’t contain the force it ravaged their world and others looking for a psychic being to contain it and give it a form and meaning.

no one knew what was going on with Jean besides her family trauma and not the malevolent force inside of her so if that was explained to the team maybe it would’ve soften up the characters that were upset with Jean for accidentally killing Raven to want to protect her from Magneto and the aliens. I would have like to see one of the aliens come to the X-Men’s aid and say they are not against them they just want the force destroyed and not Jean or maybe Hank should’ve let the team know in the jet that is this force plus her trauma is making her react violently.

I really like the ending of her going into space and choosing to save her family and becoming one with force it’s beautiful shot. I just wished she said something to Scott or everyone telepathically before she sacrificed herself.

Is it the Phoenix adaptation we wanted No but it was adapted for the grounded reality that was set by its former director.

I also liked the above user idea of Selene leading a new Hellfire Club with Magneto (as the new Shaw) and the Phoenix god being born inside of Jean could’ve worked as well without the need of having a traumatic backstory for her character, but I get why they given her that because Jean isn’t that exciting of a character on her own so they have to make her a flawed being to add some depth which is fine but they need to completely flesh it out when going that route.

Reading thru this and hearing Kinberg supposedly being extra hard on himself. Here's an Example: "Fassbender was fumbling the cup while he was delivering his lines but I loved his performance on that take. The fumbling annoys me a little bit." And an example from Hutch Parker: He didn't think the Magneto subway scene would work but they both ended up happy with it.

LOL These two know most of us have seen the movie and all of us know what the critical and audience reaction has been right? Fassbender fumbling a cup is the least of this movie's problems.

"Dark Phoenix", despite being butchered by the studio, is a great and entertaining superhero movie.

Bad nerd hype and the lack of WOLVERINE (the box office power factor of the franchise) just killed it from a commercial standpoint.

Said that, I loved it. They got Cyclops, Phoenix and Nightcrawler right. McAvoy, Fassbender and Hoult were fantastic. There are some genuinely epic scenes here.

I think that, within the next 10 years, the movie will be appreciated by fans and casual viewers alike. Hopefully, it will make some serious business in the home video department.

I miss the Fox X-Men movies. They were brilliant, bleak and poignant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"