Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The characters and their appearances in the X-Men movies have been fine, really. Except Rogue. They really got her wrong.

Other than Rogue, and not really giving Storm room to stand out, things have been pretty good to great.

you must be joking. Are u suggesting Angel and Psylocke have had a great treatment after X3 and XMA?

Last edited:
They didn't even join the X-Men!

And this MCU did it better just because they released solo movies isn't an excuse because guess what? Fox released solo movies too. In fact Colossus benefitted from appearing in Deadpool. Its the lack of long term plans. Njghtcrawler should have been in X3, but was cut bcos they didnt have a role for him. Angel should have joined the X-Men in X3. Gambit was shoehorned in Origins, when they could have used him for X4, oh wait the ot cast is expensive. Emma/Banshee were expected to return for the Fc sequel but killed off screen. While Bishop was just used in Dofp because of the cartoons not necessarily to build him up for a couple of films. Havok... Just killed off to develop Cyclops. Angel was used again simply bcos he was a famous horseman but never mind actual development. Psylocke is a villain again when she spent 80% of her cb history as a X-Man. Jubilee is still an extra. Now I wait how they will portray Dazzler and Sunfire.

And now we are back to the small roster like in X1. Instead of Rogue/Wolverine, its Kurt/Beast with the first three/Xavier whom we already saw in X2/3. We are never gonna see the evolution of the X-Men unlike in the comics. And God knows, when we will see Colossus with the X-Men again, and when will Iceman, Rogue and Kitty appear again in a supporting role.

Last edited:
we all know how this works, each time someone mentions MCU, a few fans get somehow pressed and cant accept the things Marvel did right while Fox didnt. We are talking about character development, and at this point, both Fox, Marvel and Warner have a huge universe, with team and solo movies, so, all studios can easily develop their main heroes if wanted. There arent excuses anymore. They can do it. The question is: do they want it or dont? It all comes down to that. plain and simple.

Any studio can develop 10 heroes after 10 movies in 15 years or 10. (whether its team, solo or spinoffs) Fox has all now, so..... the excuse was? lol

The creative team of Fox Right now just don't get the X-Men... What's weird is Wolverine is already out of the picture, and yet we still have yet to get a X-Men that really embraced the comics and that its about a group of mutants. Having Mystique and Peter as the X-Men isn't since they aren't the main stays of the X-Men. Having Xavier again as a yuppie for the fourth time isn't, he didn't stay young for four decades. Beast is getting a smaller role in every new film that he appears in is injustice to the character.

We would probably get a faithful depiction of the X-Force and the New Mutants first before Fox gets it right with the X-Men. Well they got right before with X1/X2 despite the costumes and being Wolverine centric but that was a long time ago and Dofp too but there were no X-Men as it was just a group of mutant survivors surviving in the future.

Anyway, the Uncanny X-Men is just one of their many projects right now and I sense that they are releasing Dp so soon while the ga hasn't completely moved on from the X-Men like what happened to Star Trek. Fox knows that they still have Deadpool and X-Force regardless of Dp's outcome so yeah unless those two crash and burn too, I don't see Fox saving the X-Men and treating them as their Avengers.

Last edited:
we have to take into account that Fox and the actual executives and heads of the studio arent comics fans. They are just a studio. They 'found' Bryan Singer and Shuller Donner back in the day, and they found Kinberg in 2005. And thats all they have. They trust in their approach, and now with Bryan and Donner kind of out of the picture, Fox just accepts whatever Kinberg wants. So if Kinberg's approach isnt the best, that wont change because of magic. Kinberg may get a little better with each movie, but some of his biggest mistakes will stay, Im afraid.

To me, he didnt learn a lot after X3, he repeated the same mistakes in XMA, including Jubilee, Angel and Psylocke only to waste them all over again, and killing Angel. Where is the lesson learned here?

nowhere to be seen.

I doubt FOX care how its done as long as its done tbh.

And i suppose why would they? this is a nearly 18 year old franchise with currently 10 films and a tv show under its belt and soon to be 13 movies and 2 tv shows by next year.

FOX have done and are doing fine in keeping this franchise going.

just doing fine is apart of the problem. They somehow dont expect better with this iconic superhero team. They never expected more with Dofp or original trilogy. They dont see the big picture, they keep doing movies as all studios, because they get money back, but.... is that the best they can do with the material? no way. But again... they dont believe they can achieve something bigger and better.

to me, the biggest or one of the biggest problems of this franchise is that the tittle characters, the X-Men, most of them are secondary characters. So when the tittle characters are secondary roles on their own franchise, no studio can expect the franchise to reach its full potential. Not this way

Cyclops was a secondary character in the complete original trilogy.
Rogue was a secondary character in X2 and X3, almost destroyed in X3 (all her greatness destroyed. Well we never saw it).
the awesome Nighctrawler was a one and done member (fan favourite of X2, being wasted in the next decade)
fan favourite Gambit never appeared in the 6 X-Men movies. Big fail right here.
Kitty, Beast and Angel arrived in the third movie, but we didnt see them again after 8 years later, Beast sooner but was a recast, missing the great and praised Kelsey
Colossus was just a stunt man in the original trilogy.

Do we need to continue the list?

Now could someone answer how any studio can expect this franchise with this approach to reach its full potential?
no way, lol. There is no way the big audience would get attached to this team, being treated like this. no way.

Last edited:

And i suppose why would they? this is a nearly 18 year old franchise with currently 10 films and a tv show under its belt and soon to be 13 movies and 2 tv shows by next year.

by end of 2018 even with new timeline fox will have done 13 films in x-men universe and 2 tv shows.with more films to come.

let's remember spider-man and batman have been rebooted twice while x-men to certain extent has kept going.

Yes, but don't you see that the Marvel console has made more money? How can you sit there and not spam the message board for this series with "Marvel did it better" literally every day? Is it not your job to remind people on the internet that thing you like is the greatest?

And just because the series has been around for a long time doesn't mean it is the most popular with general audiences. Marvel is just way better.

Fox hasn't even made a billion dollar movie yet, need I remind you.

Lmao

by end of 2018 even with new timeline fox will have done 13 films in x-men universe and 2 tv shows.with more films to come.

let's remember spider-man and batman have been rebooted twice while x-men to certain extent has kept going.

They are 10+ films in and haven't really started yet. Barely touched the material. Kinda crazy to think about, really.

Last edited:
Is it not your job to remind people on the internet that thing you like is the greatest?
So basically like 90% of your posts except in defense of X-Men movies instead of Marvel? Haha. Pot meet kettle.
They are 10+ films in and haven't really started yet. Barely touched the material.
As if that's a good thing.

You know, while I can see how it can be frustrating for some, one of the things I really like about the X-men films is how they sort of have a makeshift "made up as you go" type of continuity, giving it a feel like comic books in that respect. The actual content is completely different than the comics, but the lack of a "plan" is right on point. It gives the films a sense that you never know where the hell they're going to go next. It doesn't always pay off how I might want, true, but the high notes are more than worth the low notes in my opinion.

In contrast, the MCU is so tightly planned that it's kind of predictable. The biggest curveball, I feel, was how they handled Spider-man, but that was the result of them wanting to differentiate the film from the previous Spider-man films. Had Marvel had the rights to Spider-man all along we would have gotten a fairly predictable series of Spider-man movies that follow all the beats you'd expect.

You know, while I can see how it can be frustrating for some, one of the things I really like about the X-men films is how they sort of have a makeshift "made up as you go" type of continuity, giving it a feel like comic books in that respect. The actual content is completely different than the comics, but the lack of a "plan" is right on point. It gives the films a sense that you never know where the hell they're going to go next. It doesn't always pay off how I might want, true, but the high notes are more than worth the low notes in my opinion.

In contrast, the MCU is so tightly planned that it's kind of predictable. The biggest curveball, I feel, was how they handled Spider-man, but that was the result of them wanting to differentiate the film from the previous Spider-man films. Had Marvel had the rights to Spider-man all along we would have gotten a fairly predictable series of Spider-man movies that follow all the beats you'd expect.

Continuity was officially dead once they gave the characters time travel. Now Cable is here is and we really are about to get into the more nonsensical X-Men stuff. It only gets more "writers can do whatever they want" from here.

It's like..."welcome to comics, hope you survive the experience".

Continuity was officially dead once they gave the characters time travel. Now Cable is here is and we really are about to get into the more nonsensical X-Men stuff. It only gets more "writers can do whatever they want" from here.

It's like..."welcome to comics, hope you survive the experience".

I never gave a rat's behind about continuity in the first place

dark-phoenix-saga-1-5.jpg

This scene takes place in central park, right?

Oh earler today on Kodi's instagram live he asked Jesse how filming went today and he replied "out of this world" then they both giggled about it. C'mon spaaace

Last edited:

Oh earler today on Kodi's instagram live he asked Jesse how filming went today and he replied "out of this world" then they both giggled about it. C'mon spaaace

yep:ilv:

dark phoenix if nothing else is likely apart from sh'iar on earth bound to take x-men to moon.since this is called space opera i can't see kinberg not wantint to take x-men to moon especilly since thr said this is much closer to comic storyline than last stand was.

Maybe if we're lucky some set pics will leak if they'll be shooting there a lot this month

If there's an outdoor shoot they'll probably release official images right before

yaaaas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"